• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what are the ratings are for the Rangers. Also who will get the broadcasting rights for Las Vegas? Fox?

I would guess the Rangers are probably somewhere in the same sort of ballpark as the Flyers and Red Wings. Like take the Blackhawks' ratings, subtract the Devils and Islanders' ratings, and that's probably about the ceiling for the Rangers' ratings (that would be like a 2.4 or so, could even be a little lower). Similar big city to Chicago with lots of other things to do and watch but with 2 other (lesser) teams cannibalizing the hockey market and not quite the same level of recent success as the Blackhawks to drive viewership.

Socreges

Banned
Ordered a Switch. Now we play the waiting game.

This will be my first Nintendo home console since the N64, pretty crazy.
First time I've bought a console at launch since...the GameCube.

I've spent about 6 hours in just one area in Zelda over the past couple days. So awesome. Purchase justified.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I've spent about 6 hours in just one area in Zelda over the past couple days. So awesome. Purchase justified.
I've probably put about 20-25 hours or so into the game at this point and just realized I still have not even activated the map for about 70% of the world. I have not visited the western half of the map AT ALL yet, nor have I made it to the north or too far south. I've mostly been in the central east section for the entire time (since leaving the starting area).

Solo

God damn it guys stahp. I can't justify another impulse purchase on Vidya games

I'll play counterpoint here: I got my PS4 in January (hadn't gamed since 2013 - TLoU was the last game I'd played). It came with Uncharted 4 which I loved and finished. Now I'm like 70% through Bloodborne, which is a fucking amazing game. Next up is Horizon, which by all accounts is also amazing.

PS4 life is good breh

I'll play counterpoint here: I got my PS4 in January (hadn't gamed since 2013 - TLoU was the last game I'd played). It came with Uncharted 4 which I loved and finished. Now I'm like 70% through Bloodborne, which is a fucking amazing game. Next up is Horizon, which by all accounts is also amazing.

PS4 life is good breh

whynotboth.jpg

Silexx

I purposely held off buying Zelda because I knew it would draw me in, but I am already committed to Mass Effect: Andromeda when it comes out.

Socreges

Banned
Which area?
In case you consider it a spoiler:

It's an island.

Eventide Island.

And if you've been there:

I've still got just 3 hearts (by design - I'm choosing stamina each time), which made it extra challenging. I died a few times on one-shots by enemies or lightning. Learned to be very, very cautious. At one point I was pretty deep in so when the lightning returned I just went and hid under a tree fort. Once I cleared it I lost all the shit I'd picked up so I basically did everything over again to get those items.

Hinox also went from HOW THE FUCK to 'Ah that's not so bad', especially when I had collected some equipment. Fucking awesome mini-boss.

I'm about 20 hours into zelda and am far from blow away by it. I'm enjoying it but thats about it.

Waiting to play Nier until next friday's PC release is rough.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I am, platinumed persona 4 on the vita.

I still have Persona 4 Golden almost entirely unplayed. I got like an hour in but was too burnt out from playing Persona 3 right before it and ended up putting it aside. And Persona 5 is just weeks away...

Who has time for all this shit? Stop it, video games.

I still have Persona 4 Golden almost entirely unplayed. I got like an hour in but was too burnt out from playing Persona 3 right before it and ended up putting it aside. And Persona 5 is just weeks away...

it's a great time to be a gamer. Have so many great things to come back to. Just gotta pick the priorities.

it's a great time to be a gamer. Have so many great things to come back to. Just gotta pick the priorities.
Im begging for a summer drought to hope I get through more of my backlog from as recently as last year. I still need to play ME:Catalyst, Dishonored 2, and deus ex mankind divided. Before I can even start on those though I have to beat zelda, horizon, mass effect andromeda, Nier Automata, and most importantly persona 5. Also I expect trails in the sky 3rd before summer as well.

Reckheim

yeh, tell me about it. This spring has been absolutely nuts, my wife hates me. I'm either playing video games or watching hockey.

So Tampa traded away Filppula and Boyle at the deadline. Last night, Johnson, Namestnikov, and Paquette were injured. With Stamkos still out, their centre depth is gone.

Watched Kong earlier. It's pretty good.

I thought it seemed really generic. One minute they're cracking jokes, the next, someone is dying in a horrible PG-13 way.

Also I'm not a fan of the "first-person GoPro camera angle" that seems to be a trend in some movies. It's not Call of Duty.

The CGI was impressive, though.

Switch should be here Monday. Does't give me much time between MEA, goodbye life.

Good launch titles are few and far between. 360 almost had Oblivion which would have been crazy. I think this has to be the best launch title since Halo CE all the way back in 2001.

Switch should be here Monday. Does't give me much time between MEA, goodbye life.

Good launch titles are few and far between. 360 almost had Oblivion which would have been crazy. I think this has to be the best launch title since Halo CE all the way back in 2001.

Hey c'mon... the PS4 had Knack

Cactus

Banned
Can't even remember XBone's launch titles. PS3 had Resistance which was good, not great. 360 had Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo, I made the mistake of getting PDZ.

Can't even remember XBone's launch titles. PS3 had Resistance which was good, not great. 360 had Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo, I made the mistake of getting PDZ.
Resistance remains one of my favorite multiplayer shooters. A last bastion of weapon wheels and arcade feel as the era of loadouts, short TTK, and 2 weapon limits was about to begin

Solo

Calling Zelda a launch title is a bit disingenuous when it's on another, earlier console too. More like it was ported to the Switch in order to have a system seller at launch. Oblivion is the same as it was on PC at the same time.

To me, neither are true "launch" games, even if they are day one games. A true launch game to me for example would something like be Mario 64 - brand new game, available at launch and only on the N64.

PillarEN

Me too. But Microsoft was kind enough to keep those old school prices for first party title at that point. Launch window for me was all about Kameo, DoA4. Would go on to later grab Condemned (which is still one of my favorites from that gen) CoD2 and Oblivion. I tried to get into Ghost Recon AW (I don't remember the full title) but I just didn't understand what was going on with the aiming and the controls in general. Just felt completely weird.

Calling Zelda a launch title is a bit disingenuous when it's on another, earlier console too. More like it was ported to the Switch in order to have a system seller at launch. Oblivion is the same as it was on PC at the same time.

To me, neither are true "launch" games, even if they are day one games. A true launch game to me for example would something like be Mario 64 - brand new game, available at launch and only on the N64.

True but it also wasn't at launch. It missed and was delayed. It didn't come out till like March 06

Me too. But Microsoft was kind enough to keep those old school prices for first party title at that point. Launch window for me was all about Kameo, DoA4. Would go on to later grab Condemned (which is still one of my favorites from that gen) CoD2 and Oblivion. I tried to get into Ghost Recon AW (I don't remember the full title) but I just didn't understand what was going on with the aiming and the controls in general. Just felt completely weird.
DOA4 was the main reason I bought a 360...and it ended up my least favorite game in the series.

calder

I might use some vacation days for this game. They're gonna expire anyway, so it'll be nice to binge on Persona...just like old times.

PGbXBRC.gif

*opens up vacation req*

Condemned is so good! Bring back Condemned!

PillarEN

Condemned is so good! Bring back Condemned!

More importantly port the second game to PC. I know it isn't as good as the first and that it gets stupid with the supernatural but I would snag it for $20 or $15.

DOA4 was the main reason I bought a 360...and it ended up my least favorite game in the series.

My sister who barely plays videogames loooooves 1 on 1 fighters. She played the shit out of that game even though it was a little hard for her.

It was too damn hard for me too. Jesus Christ. I still suck at countering.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Technically you're right, but for the market that Nintendo is most desperate to reach (gamers who passed on the Wii U), Breath of the Wild is just as good as a "true" launch title.

Oblivion wasn't in the launch window, it got delayed. I see your point though.

Technically you're right, but for the market that Nintendo is most desperate to reach (gamers who passed on the Wii U), Breath of the Wild is just as good as a "true" launch title.
Look at me, I skipped their last 3 consoles, but I'm buying a Switch for Zelda.

My sister who barely plays videogames loooooves 1 on 1 fighters. She played the shit out of that game even though it was a little hard for her.

It was too damn hard for me too. Jesus Christ. I still suck at countering.
I started playing DOA with a girlfriend in high school, and have played every iteration since.
There were only 25 people that entered DOA...7/25 still got me a medal!

Top Bottom