• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Ugh.

rHRWimT.gif

Lundquist out 2-3 weeks. Uh oh

I can't really see that being a big stumbling block for them, Raanta has looked really good this season and outplayed Lundqvist for long stretches of it. 3rd string might be more difficult but their backup situation seems pretty close to the penguins and if one of their goaltenders got injured.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lundquist out 2-3 weeks. Uh oh
Sounds great to me. Get Raanta running things for a while, which makes the team play differently/better in front of him. And we'll get to see if Magnus Hellberg can hack it for a few starts (or someone else like Halverson if Hellberg shits the bed). We've got a ton of back-to-backs coming up, so the backups are probably going to have to start 2 or 3 in this stretch.

And it means Henrik Lundqvist will be plenty rested for the playoffs. The last time Hank was injured around this time of the year, we ended up finishing one period away from going to the Stanley Cup Final.

And the best news of all: you can pretty much officially lock us into that 4 spot in the Metro now.

In other news, Michael Grabner and Rick Nash are expected to return to the lineup tomorrow. Jesper Fast also skated today in a non-contact jersey, so he's getting closer.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
PAP will make his Preds debut today. Ellis also expected to play.

edit: Fiala scratched; meanwhile, the ever-worthless Craig Smith is still in. Lavi please.

Weevilone

I can't make Blues / Isles tonight. Two plaza seats (13th row) avail if anyone here is interested.. not sure how many locals follow the thread.

PM me if interested.

Edit: Sold in like 10 minutes on Stubhub.. damn I guess I listed too cheap.

If any STL locals would be interested in tickets when I can't go from time to time, drop me a PM. I'll do it at my price (or lower if market value is lower for the game).

Top Bottom