• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus

Banned
With the Leafs' awful luck, we'll finish 3rd worst and then end up with the 7th pick overall. Then Brian will draft some shit-for-hands 'biggie' who won't be playable in the league until 2020.

Burke better take a risk this year. I'm sick of his "safe" picks. If we somehow fall into third or fourth and Grigorenko/Galchenyuk are available, he better pick one of them regardless of the supposed poor work ethic of the former and injury of the latter.

These guys have the potential to be legitimate top-line centers if they pan out, and I'd rather take the chance on one of them regardless of the risk instead of drafting yet another second/third line tweener.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I still don't think Toronto is going to pick in the top 5 they're going to start winning some games soon.

And Smith with a rookie mistake, ugh...

I know, let's see what else bad can happen in this game, how about we keep losing some more games and see how far we can fall in the standings, that would be great right?

Why am I even watching this game right now?

Heretic

And Smith with a rookie mistake, ugh...

I know, let's see what else bad can happen in this game, how about we keep losing some more games and see how far we can fall in the standings, that would be great right?

Why am I even watching this game right now?
If you guys score one then it's your game to take. Mark my words...

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Nice glove stop by Pavelec, and while up 5-1 if the Jets managed to let the Stars get another goal this late in the second I think it would set up a bad, bad third period. Just get out of this with a huge lead plz thnx.

Yup, good finish to the game, if only Buffalo didn't get a point. I'm glad Fehr got a good goal and Antropov seems to have woken up.

Burke better take a risk this year. I'm sick of his "safe" picks. If we somehow fall into third or fourth and Grigorenko/Galchenyuk are available, he better pick one of them regardless of the supposed poor work ethic of the former and injury of the latter.

These guys have the potential to be legitimate top-line centers if they pan out, and I'd rather take the chance on one of them regardless of the risk instead of drafting yet another second/third line tweener.

True, but he has to address the goaltending first and foremost. This current team most certainly would have made the playoffs with a competent, NHL ready goalie. My concern here is that his idiotic fear of overpaying will lead to a Reimer/Scrivens tandem this October. I mean shit, Brian, of course you're going to overpay when everyone knows you need/want something. Luongo didn't show up in Vancouver for a bit of the slap and tickle.

I don't know a damn thing about either of those dudes you mentioned. It would be nice to have a bona fide prospect in our system for once.

If you guys score one then it's your game to take. Mark my words...

No, no it's not, this team has proven throughout these last few weeks that it doesn't care to play when we are missing Lids and Dats, the Kings win was a lucky comeback, right now we deserve to lose as much as possible and a first round exit.

See and look another goal for the Ducks, I think I'm done with this team until we actually get everyone back from injury, the team doesn't care to play right now, so why should I care to watch them?

Screw this team right now, I can't even see the return of Dats or Lids doing anything for these guys now, it seems we are tanking worse than Habs and we are in a pretty much secured playoff spot. Though I can see the Hawks and Nashville passing us here eventually with this play.

Heretic

Haha I don't think so :/ I should have recorded the game so I could go back and check. The seats were phenomenal though. I'll upload the pics soon, theyre on the GF's camera
Haha you should have! You got to see 2 goals, right? Definitely upload those pics.

Cactus

Banned
True, but he has to address the goaltending first and foremost. This current team most certainly would have made the playoffs with a competent, NHL ready goalie. My concern here is that his idiotic fear of overpaying will lead to a Reimer/Scrivens tandem this October. I mean shit, Brian, of course you're going to overpay when everyone knows you need/want something. Luongo didn't show up in Vancouver for a bit of the slap and tickle.

Pretty much. If Reimer isn't the backup next season, we're in for another long year of bitter disappointment.

It'll be interesting to see how the two guys we have now play for the rest of the season. If Gustavsson continues playing well, maybe Wilson was somehow affecting his confidence? At his best, he's probably a much better goalie than Reimer but his inconsistency is what hurts him most, and I think a lot of that is an inability to maintain focus. Reimer, I think, just sucks. It's probably doesn't even matter because Reimer is signed and Gustavsson isn't, but I can't help but think that Burke will happily let the better goalie walk and patiently wait for Reimer to return to a level of effectiveness that is probably already unreachable.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks are losing but this is pretty entertaining for a Coyotes/Canucks game.

I agree, lotsa of back and forth, I didn't think this was gonna be a this high-scoring game... and there will most likely be more goals in the 3rd, if both teams keep on shooting. This can easily be a game with >70 shots combined.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wasn't able to watch the game. So who should I blame for the lose?

Raymond, as usual.

Also, Bieksa didn't have a good night and of course people are gonna blame Lou again.. but he had some bad rebounds and that was it, can't blame the loss on him. Whole D wasn't that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom