• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got there late but got there :)

After seeing Palmieri tonight I'm a little less worried about the future of this team.

NICE. What a game to be at.

Just wait til Etem is NHL ready. By that time, Fowler would've developed even further. If Hiller deteriorates, we got John Gibson (or Igor Bobkov.. either way, future tandem right there) in the pipe(s)line.

What me worry?

RC

Banned
Raymond, as usual.

Also, Bieksa didn't have a good night and of course people are gonna blame Lou again.. but he had some bad rebounds and that was it, can't blame the loss on him. Whole D wasn't that good.

So those new D pairings were a total bust? Atleast the Sedins and the pp showed up.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So those new D pairings were a total bust? Atleast the Sedins and the pp showed up.

Yep, those pairings didn't work. (e.g. Bieksa was -3) And yeah, at least the Sedins and the PP showed up, now take Raymond away from them again oO. Overall, definitely the D's fault for the loss. :/ They should play Schneider next game and just hope for the best... -sigh- 2 points out of 5 games, damn.

Cactus

Banned
The loss of Sulzer was the real reason why we hated that trade.

I don't blame you. The Canucks were winning 64% of their games with Sulzer on the team, and now they're only winning 28.5%

That means that Sulzer was responsible for more than half of Vancouver's victories.

Socreges

Banned
Guys, I really think there's a lot of potential to be tapped in these Sulzer jokes. Keep going.

As for tonight's loss, I feel like the Canucks would have won with Schneider in net. Luongo wasn't the only problem, but he just needs to sit for now.

Cactus

Banned
I'm trouble digesting that quote. Maybe some Alka-Sulzer might help.

3bt5T.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
WELL FUCK MASS EFFECT 3

AND FUCK THE CANUCKS

DISAPPOINTMENT ALL AROUND
I've beaten 1 & 2 but can't be bothered to play 3 and keep hearing all this fuss about the 3rds ending so I just read the synopsis and this was my reaction:

naked-gun-facepalm.gif

People weren't exaggerating with their hate, so dumb.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ah fuck I caved in and bought the game yesterday.

I am going to guess that the games story doesnt actually finish and wont until the dlc right?

Quick

Banned
I've beaten 1 & 2 but can't be bothered to play 3 and keep hearing all this fuss about the 3rds ending so I just read the synopsis and this was my reaction:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/DanDierdorf/naked-gun-facepalm.gif
People weren't exaggerating with their hate, so dumb.

It's worse when you've finished it yourself, then watched the other possible endings.

Ah fuck I caved in and bought the game yesterday.

I am going to guess that the games story doesnt actually finish and wont until the dlc right?

This almost perfectly describes it. The ending seems definitive.

In the end after the credits, it'll basically tell you to wait for new DLC.

So the Red Wings suck but Mass Effect 3 so far has been great! So by the time I get to the ending here, which should be within the next week (I take my time), I will probably think that the endings sucks and the Red Wings will start winning again right? I mean you can't have too many good things happening at once, it has to be a trade off.

So the Red Wings suck but Mass Effect 3 so far has been great! So by the time I get to the ending here, which should be within the next week (I take my time), I will probably think that the endings sucks and the Red Wings will start winning again right? I mean you can't have too many good things happening at once, it has to be a trade off.

Have you tried the MP? It is so fucking good, by far the best thing about the game.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My feelings on the Habs game:

snusnu1-1.gif

Really entertaining game. Cole high fiving the ref was awesome and Eller vs Karlsson were hilarious. That fight would have been epic.

Desharnais is stud.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Are we headed toward another work stoppage? I just read about how the union is refusing to do any negotiating until after the season and that the salary cap will likely be lower because the league wants to lower revenue paid to players.

That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Stet

Banned
Are we headed toward another work stoppage? I just read about how the union is refusing to do any negotiating until after the season and that the salary cap will likely be lower because the league wants to lower revenue paid to players.

Nooooo not the year we'll be at the Winter Classic

Dont be worried. I have not finished ME3 yet but what I have played has been fantastic, even if the ending is bad the journey getting to that point has been amazing.

Of course, I usually play with friends, but yeah I love the game right now and have been taking my time with the campaign. I"m just afraid of the ending with how people seem to hate it.
Those were my sentiments prior to the endgame.

This will make you hate the ending even more. Every ounce you pour into the main game, makes the ending that much more... fuck.

Seems unlikely to me. The aren't many big differences on non-compensation issues and the gap on the revenue % doesn't seem to be too large. The two side are certainly talking to eachother. Both also know that another work stoppage could potentially cost FAR more than it would be worth since we had one so recently.

Also, I doubt Bettman wants to be the asshole who has had THREE strikes under his tenure.

Those were my sentiments prior to the endgame.

This will make you hate the ending even more. Every ounce you pour into the main game, makes the ending that much more... fuck.

But I have enough war assets for the best ending, that has to mean the ending will be great once I get to it right.... :(

Sid, Letang, and Martin all back tonight?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_fw7iF68JR8k/TbDB4GmAE1I/AAAAAAABqvA/cSWI7QmT9B4/drocks12_1-1.gif[img][/QUOTE]

One of those is not like the others.

Heretic

Off-Topic but anyone want to spoil ME3 for me? Never played any of them and am wondering what the fuss is all about...

Go Ducks!

I think they just ran out of time and money on the ending (good concept, poor execution). My reaction was one of closure, and only after reading all the discussion did I feel that it may have lacked something. But I compare it to the ending of Harry Potter, which was also controversial. Heck, Bioware could've made a different ending and there would still be dissatisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom