• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
The worst win of the season.

Gorges 1st star of the game, totally deserved the Habs got a really great player in there. Can't believe that they are last, they look better than a tons of teams that we have played lately.

Boston has 3 more wins with 2 less games played and yet lost the division lead lol nhl.

Anyway Ben Scrivens has become the top goalie in the AHL after tonights shutout

/bust

Socreges

Banned
Not really that impressive of a prediction. You could name almost any team and pick one that will finish ahead of the Leafs.
I'm just amazed he got something right. I see him as the antithesis of wisdom.

Cake Boss said:
Can't believe that they are last, they look better than a tons of teams that we have played lately.
I thought they looked pretty bad, apart from doing well to create a bubble around Price. Posts kept it closer than it could have been.

Cake Boss

Banned
IIcUG.png

tumblr_ls437uktEJ1r0ze3to1_500.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There isn't a single person on this planet that predicted Ottawa could finish ahead of Boston.

Puddles

Banned
Awesome, we took it to the Swans in that first period. I see the Hawks put a beatdown on the Stars as well. Good night for us.

E-DuB

Seriously every time I watch a Jets game and hear that crowd and think that a year ago that these guys were playing in a venue that they could barely sell out it makes me all misty and shit.

Cake Boss

Banned
Amazing playoff atmosphere at Winterpeg, I dont know how Betman could watch this then still try to make Phoenix work in the desert.

Erdrick

It's like they won a playoff game.

Essentially, it was one for us, or at least as important as one. What a game... so intense with the checking and Washington really is a much scarier team since the start of the year. Grant Clitsome is awesome. He smashed Ovechkin a few times and I loved it. Our crowds are the best in the league.

I just wish they could translate some of our enthusiasm at home onto the road. I don't know how a team can be so dominating at home (Or at least have a much better win/loss record there) and be so... horrible on the road. If we have any hopes of playing past the start of April, we better win our last road trips too.

Tonight was a great win for us though. Just a few more points back and we can get back in. The MTS Centre will be insane if we are in the playoffs against whomever.

But first thing is first. Focus on Carolina for Sunday. We cannot afford to take any team lightly at this point.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Winnipeg fans reffing the game now.

GO JETS GO

Seriously every time I watch a Jets game and hear that crowd and think that a year ago that these guys were playing in a venue that they could barely sell out it makes me all misty and shit.

I'll tell you that the feed doesn't do justice to the loudness and the electricity in the air in the arena. It is CRAZY. I actually know one of the trainers for the Jets, see him on TV all the time, lol!

Essentially, it was one for us, or at least as important as one. What a game... so intense with the checking and Washington really is a much scarier team since the start of the year. Grant Clitsome is awesome. He smashed Ovechkin a few times and I loved it. Our crowds are the best in the league.

Huge upgrade over Oduya, and I liked Oduya at the end there.

calder

I don't think it's enough in the end but, great win. It really was an early playoff game, coming home after work I saw so many Jets sweaters more than usual (partly also the weather I'm sure) downtown but one of my brothers was at the game and a half hour before puck drop he was saying the arena was even nuttier than normal.

Think the Jets will fall a bit short but it should be good and close the whole way. Can't ask for more than that. :)

calder

Lol post game Noel was all happy and satisfied, it was weird and off putting. Luckily a reporter asked how much he like his team and that grumped him up a bit. Much better.

Crazy game to be at tonight for the Jets. My throat is raw from all the cheering. Even though I split my season tickets three-ways, I've been so lucky to just see some amazing games all season. I'm not so sure they'll be able to get a spot given their horrible road record, but the Jets have given us one heck of a ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom