• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Crazy game to be at tonight for the Jets. My throat is raw from all the cheering. Even though I split my season tickets three-ways, I've been so lucky to just see some amazing games all season. I'm not so sure they'll be able to get a spot given their horrible road record, but the Jets have given us one heck of a ride!

Did you partake in the Crosby's better! chant? LOL

purg3

slept with Malkin
Winnipeg fans chanting "Crosby's better"....Winnipeg is my new favorite area
KuGsj.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWqyczI_oSo

pretty awesome

Socreges

Banned
Winnipeg/Washington was on TSN or was that just the special TSN-Winnipeg channel?

And that's awesome... although there are another 20 players better than Ovi these days

Erdrick

How much is TSN-Jets per month anyway? Pretty much required programming for Jets fans?

The price as mentioned above, is entirely reasonable. We also had it free until the 2nd week of December too. Every single Jets game has been televised. As someone who grew up having to listen to the Jets on the radio and on the rare blue moon they would be on CBC or other local channels, this has been awesome. The only games not on TSN Jets are whenever CBC has a game on Saturday with us or if the national TSN channel is showing a game, but that has been very rare. I really like the announcers for the Jets TSN channel and vastly prefer them to CBC's crew. Sad but true, as I used to love CBC's announcers.

Essential is the word for it for any fan of the Jets.

calder

Has to be said, Ovie is a pretty cool guy. His comments about the chanting was gold, granted most really good players seem pretty unfazed by fans in general, and really if fans getting on your case negatively affected you you're likely not getting to the top anyway but Ovie seems to genuinely enjoy stuff like that.

Now what should the fans say to Crosby? ;) Chanting Malkins Better doesn't really help lol.

jets_85513.jpg

After the third goal Burmi got a little out of hand and tried to grab Buff's stick too. Luckily whistle had gone
Yeah Caps fans every right to be pissed at the goal and reffing in general. Burmi could not have grabbed the stick harder unless he dropped his own and used both hands

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
There are so many awesome commercials for Soccer and Football, especially the Nike ones, yet Hockey has nothing of such high production values, and yet, it's the best sport:(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just came home, got to meet with some of Leafs-GAF.

Met Brinbe, Kuro Madoushi, and Splinter. Pretty awesome dudes.

Stet you ass where were you at?

Socreges

Banned
That's awesome, guys

The price as mentioned above, is entirely reasonable.
It's totally reasonable if you consider that it's about $1 per game. But it's definitely unreasonable if you compare the scheme to how other Canadian teams are handled. It's a unique situation, of course, since you've got a new team and fans just grateful to have hockey back.

Hitting first in the NE(even if it's temporary) while hovering near the cap floor and predicted to be dead last this year is just all kinds of awesome.

Huh?

Marcel Dionne might have been even more highly regarded had he won a Cup with the Kings, but it's not as if he isn't spoken of with great esteem.

With all due respect, your argument here is pretty stupid.

I had to look up that name because his career ended a year after my birth. Not knowing a damn thing about the guy puts me in a tough position to argue so I'll concede. I think Iginla is deserving of praise but doesn't walk a golden road free of criticism. That's an outsider's perspective and should be taken as such as I said from the beginning. Those who are more familiar with his night in and night out effort are more apt to make judgement on such matters.

Also, goddamnit Ducks.

Marvie_3

Banned
Glendale’s mayor doesn’t know what’s going on with the Coyotes

Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs gave her annual State of the City address yesterday, and it came complete with a shot at the NHL.

“Now, this would be a perfect time to provide you with an update on the Phoenix Coyotes, but I won’t be doing that because I don’t know anything other than what has already been reported by the media,” Scruggs said. “But, we continue to hope the National Hockey League will find a new owner that will bring stability to this franchise.”

In January, Scruggs expressed frustration that the city was being blamed for not finding a solution to the Coyotes’ ownership situation when it was the league’s responsibility to get that done.

“We are not in control and quite honestly, I’m kind of tired of everybody pointing to us and making comments that the city of Glendale can’t get the job done,” she said.

Of note, it wasn’t all bad news for the city in the mayor’s annual address. According to Scruggs, the Ashley Furniture and La-Z-Boy stores on Bell Road are absolutely crushing it.
Coyotes are gone. :lol

All the NHL is doing at this point is holding off on announcing the move until after the season so people don't stop coming to games.

Socreges

Banned
I had to look up that name because his career ended a year after my birth. Not knowing a damn thing about the guy puts me in a tough position to argue so I'll concede. I think Iginla is deserving of praise but doesn't walk a golden road free of criticism. That's an outsider's perspective and should be taken as such as I said from the beginning. Those who are more familiar with his night in and night out effort are more apt to make judgement on such matters.

Also, goddamnit Ducks.
This is a trap, right? I say, "So you haven't heard of Phil Esposito either?" and you say "Of course I have. He won two Stanley Cups!"

Marcel Dionne is a legend or so I thought. I'm surprised.

Anyway, no one has said he doesn't deserve to be criticized. You must have just been taken aback by all the different people praising him. But if there isn't one post, taken alone, that you actually have a problem with, then who cares.

This is a trap, right? I say, "So you haven't heard of Phil Esposito either?" and you say "Of course I have. He won two Stanley Cups!"

Marcel Dionne is a legend or so I thought. I'm surprised.

Anyway, no one has said he doesn't deserve to be criticized. You must have just been taken aback by all the different people praising him. But if there isn't one post, taken alone, that you actually have a problem with, then who cares.

Eh, not a trap. My involvement and interest in hockey has been an Avs-centered one for most of my life mainly because of circumstance. I feel like I have a decent grasp on the last 20-25 years of NHL history but surely there's gaps in knowledge here and there. Anyhow, it was more consensus than a single opinion that I was speaking about. I echo much of the consensus, funnily enough.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
lol

GENERAL EXCITEMENT
GOING OUT TO SOCIAL GATHERINGS
FUN TIME WITH THE BALL AND CHAIN

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2012
"That one time we went out on a wednesday night to get hammered and a hockey game happened to be on tv"

LOL wut

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
holy shit was that bad. fuckin 2 halftimes, gimme a break. i can only guess they promoted the fucker who started the pun nonsense on nhl.com to marketing director.

if you want to pimp the social experience, use live footage from boston, pittsburgh and chicago bars during their cup runs (vancouver riots might be a bit too much) and compile it into a badass montage of drunken celebration, not this fake douche-chill bullshit

Shane O'Brien had un-permissible sex with me and now i feel the luck of the irish coursing through my veins. It feels like The ROxy is partyinf in my liver and I'm not cashed up enough to buy all the sluts and Canucks 4th liners in there drinks. Happy St Patricks Day NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGE AGE. You'reglorious. Wanna make out? ahaha oh the Queens played us and we lost? YEAH GO FIGURE $5 pretzels gskhfsdhfsd

Montresor

I'm going to the Marlies game today at 3pm! Platinum seats... that's gonna be exciting. I don't know if I'll be up against the glass yet (they're my friend's tickets) but I'm happy to be sitting up close. I'm excited to see... Kadri, Colborne, Holzer, Blacker, and Scrivens, and I hope Colton Orr knocks somebody the fuck out.

I need help though. Where should I go to park? I haven't driven to downtown much (I usually just use public transit) and I've never driven to Ricoh Coliseum before. Any Leaf fans here have experience with Ricoh?

Also, it's not a crime to wear my Schenn jersey to the Marlies game is it?

MacAttack

There is only one man on the planet that could lighten my hockey mood this morning.

I present to you Tony Gallagher:

(Henrik Sedin) was talking about NHL officiating ... and offered the comment: "This might be the only sport where rules change throughout the season depending upon where you are and what game you're playing."

When the league went to calling all the hooking, holding and interference anywhere on the ice, the Vancouver Canucks and some other teams committed to a speed team with a high skill level, with grit being one of the lesser considerations.This was going to be a new skill era.

That was fine for about a year and a half — and that team got all the way to the Stanley Cup final — at which point the rules changed to suit the Boston Bruins, who just happened to be owned by . . . let's not go there. We saw what happened.

But when the Sedins can be hooked, held and interfered with as though it were the dead-puck era and the same can be done to Ryan Kesler, David Booth and others, planning a team is essentially a waste of time.

crying-baby-300x300.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Huge tank game for Montreal tonight against the Islanders.

Sens coming off another back to back against the Leafs. Every game has been like this hasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom