• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Pens outshot the Devils 43-14. Statement MADE. More than 3 times the number of shots as the opposition. 11 in a row.

Slurmer, come at me, bro.

Slurmer

Banned
Pens outshot the Devils 43-14. Statement MADE. More than 3 times the number of shots as the opposition. 11 in a row.

Slurmer, come at me, bro.

Anytime a team beats the boring devils, i'm okay with it. New Jersey hockey makes me want to kill myself

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
New Jersey got embarrassed today. The shots were 43-14 in favor of Pit, and a lot of those were great chances. Brodeur kept it from being an absolute massacre.

Slurmer

Banned
I wish he could have saved at least one shot, even if we lost. Oh well, a point isn't too bad.

Bryz played well though, and he's still Philly's best player since the ASG. Not going to give him any crap for struggling in shootouts. If Bob is in net that game and Philly goes down 2, no way they get any points imo.

Trying to get an idea of how today's game will go.

NYR L10 - 5-4-1

ZS23C.png

NYR Home Rec - 24-8-2

i9ZpfdC70SsbI.jpg

Alucard

Banned
New Jersey got embarrassed today. The shots were 43-14 in favor of Pit, and a lot of those were great chances. Brodeur kept it from being an absolute massacre.

How would you rate the Pens' performance today? Because I know what I'd give it.

HAXKL.gif

Gotta keep a level head. It's hockey. Anything can happen. But right now just feels soooooo good.

Alucard

Banned
So when does Crosby step back up to the first line?

I think Bylsma is playing him correctly right now. Just keep him on the third line, since the first two lines are so dominant already, and place him on the first PP unit. I think Bylsma understands that as long as the team is winning, and this formula is working, that he doesn't need to mess too much with team chemistry. He's been rolling the lines pretty evenly regardless. The Pens have /depth. Not Leafs /depth, but actual /depth.

Acid08

Banned
I think Bylsma is playing him correctly right now. Just keep him on the third line, since the first two lines are so dominant already, and place him on the first PP unit. I think Bylsma understands that as long as the team is winning, and this formula is working, that he doesn't need to mess too much with team chemistry. He's been rolling the lines pretty evenly regardless. The Pens have /depth. Not Leafs /depth, but actual /depth.
Stupid Bylsma, you guys have the best coach in the league.

As long as the three lines are being played pretty much evenly it sounds like a great system of actually having three scoring lines. Gotta think Sid isn't gonna want to play with Cooke and TK in the playoffs though.

Alucard

Banned

As long as the three lines are being played pretty much evenly it sounds like a great system of actually having three scoring lines. Gotta think Sid isn't gonna want to play with Cooke and TK in the playoffs though.

Seems to be working out for him in the two games so far. 5 assists.

I don't see Bylsma shuffling Sid off that line as long as the team is winning and he's producing. Even in the playoffs. If the Pens get down a game or two in a series, that could change. What do I know, though? Bylsma is gonna Bylsma.

Maybe but that's a ways off. Crosby seems content with easing back into things for the time being. I doubt Sid would be that selfish after being back such a short time though. I'm happy Bylsma has not done what most coaches would have and fuck with the lines since they're producing so well already.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Hey, it's nice to win a game.

Acid08

Banned
Maybe but that's a ways off. Crosby seems content with easing back into things for the time being. I doubt Sid would be that selfish after being back such a short time though. I'm happy Bylsma has not done what most coaches would have and fuck with the lines since they're producing so well already.
Eh, Crosby is very competitive and at that time of the year I feel like he'd want to play with the best possible players to make the biggest difference. What do I know though, if this works then it works.

Eh, Crosby is very competitive and at that time of the year I feel like he'd want to play with the best possible players to make the biggest difference. What do I know though, if this works then it works.

Of course, and I could see him juggling the lines mid game a little double shifting to make certain lines if necessary but I don't think Crosby will throw a tantrum if he's not the first line going in. At least I hope he won't. It all depends on how he's feeling and how the lines hold up in the remaining stretch too. Crosby still have 5 assists even with the line he's on so I think as long as he's producing I can't see him getting pissy about things. If the line wasn't producing I could see but he's been playing well with the players around him. I could see the same lines but the time per line changing.

Edit: Plus Cooke has been put on his line a lot last couple of years as well as TK since our wingers weren't ever really productive and we would rotate heavily so it's not like he hasn't played with them also, even when he was the top line.

cube444

Crosby needs to stop being so tentative and playing on the perimeter because I need goals from the guy. He hasn't scored since scoring on that ECHL goalie who now works at Sobey's.

Silexx

Whoo! I got tickets for the game tonight. First time I'm going to a game against Toronto so it'll be interesting to see how the atmosphere is when all the leafs fans are in the building.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Shawn Thornton re-signed for another two years, 1.1M per. I hope this guy retires here; solid player and a Bruin to the core.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Pens-age getting obnoxious again.

470_hockey_concussion_1101202.jpg

The fires of that tribulation forged the best team of the past 4,000 years. Post as much as you like, we'll wear our scars with pride when we lift the Cup every year for the next 20 years. All other teams will fall into despair and the Four Horseman of the APencalypse (Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Staal) will ride through the league, leaving nothing but ash and shattered dreams in their wake. Every year we will gladly accept the meager sacrifice the Western Conference lays before us in the SCF and over the din of wailing and gnashing of teeth our war cry will be heard as Crosby tears the opposing captains head from his shoulders and sates his thirst with his blood. The ice will run red. Swear fealty now or forever live in fear.

MacAttack

Shawn Thornton re-signed for another two years, 1.1M per. I hope this guy retires here; solid player and a Bruin to the core.

I can see him retiring here and staying afterwards, seems to genuinely enjoy spending time in the community. I stumbled on this awesome site looking up how old he is (he's 34): THINGS SHAWN THORNTON HAS SAID.

Some choice excerpts:

Charlestown wears my jersey. Young girls wear Seguin’s jerseys, we figured that much out. I’m assuming people with a screw loose wear Marchand jerseys. I don’t know why you’d wear that thing.”

“I can’t stand those guys because they sent me to the minors fifteen times over three years. I can’t stand them.”

Shawn Thornton, on the Chicago Blackhawks

“I think that anybody that puts gaming as his favorite hobby probably hasn’t matured enough to be in that issue.”

Shawn Thornton, on Brad Marchand’s selection as one of the Most Eligible Bachelors in Boston by Improper Bostonian

Easily one of the most popular Bruins among the fanbase.

Montresor

I just got back home from the Marlies game. Kadri with two goals including the game winner! Zigomanis with three assists and Rynnas with some good saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom