• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus

Banned
I have a question for Sens fans. Right now you have four goalies under contract. Auld obviously won't be re-signed, so that leaves Anderson, Bishop and Lehner.

If Bishop finishes the season strong, should Murray look to trade Anderson and run with either Bishop and Lehner or Bishop and a backup, or do you think Anderson should stick around with Bishop as backup and Lehner sent back to the AHL (again)?

Brinbe

Are we mathematically eliminated?
Not yet, but the odds certainly aren't in our favor. Just tired of seeing a repeat of the same pattern for the umpteenth year. Pressure's off now! So let's play like we should have when we were still in the hunt.

I have a question for Sens fans. Right now you have four goalies under contract. Auld obviously won't be re-signed, so that leaves Anderson, Bishop and Lehner.

If Bishop finishes the season strong, should Murray look to trade Anderson and run with either Bishop and Lehner or Bishop and a backup, or do you think Anderson should stick around with Bishop as backup and Lehner sent back to the AHL (again)?

Why would we trade Anderson ? Leafs showed what happens when you go with 2 rookie goalies.

Bishop will back up and Lehner will be in the AHL next year. Then we will see.

Been a busy week and late night Jackets games suck.

Probably going to get killed tonight against the Canuks. Hopefully it's competitive for a bit.

Cactus

Banned
Why would we trade Anderson ? Leafs showed what happens when you go with 2 rookie goalies.

Bishop will back up and Lehner will be in the AHL next year. Then we will see.

But Anderson has been outplayed by both Lehner and Bishop this season. I agree that it's a risk to run with two unproven goalies, but a decision has to be made at some point and I was just curious when you think any sort of switch is (or should be) made.

But Anderson has been outplayed (statistically) by both Lehner and Bishop this season. I agree that it's a risk to run with two unproven goalies, but a decision has to be made at some point and I was just curious when you think any sort of switch is (or should be) made.

Small sample size for Bishop and Lehner. Anderson is far more experienced and proven.

Lehner is only 20, and has yet to be a starter in the AHL. He's been bad this year. He's also immature
He needs at least one full year as an AHL starter with good numbers. Ideally I'd like his path to the NHL be like Schneider's.

Goalies take time, no rush. Plus we need /depth in case of injuries.

Cake Boss

Banned
But Anderson has been outplayed by both Lehner and Bishop this season. I agree that it's a risk to run with two unproven goalies, but a decision has to be made at some point and I was just curious when you think any sort of switch is (or should be) made.

They havent really, they have been good but not entirely consistent which is expected of rookie goalies. I still say Lehner has the higher potential and more talented and is still considered the goalie of the future by the organization.

One of Bishop or Anderson will get traded next summer to make room for Lehner.

Socreges

Banned
Niiiiice, Schneider starting.

1st game of a B2B, though, so nothing special. Luongo will still get pretty much every start from here on afterwards.

cube444

This Senators fan had me almost spitting my beer out after that late goal by them.

tE8ya.jpg

Silexx

Man, disappointment all around. I've been to worse games though. I did see two fights break out between fans.

Oh yeah saw a lesbian proposal! They were hot too!

One of Bishop or Anderson will get traded next summer to make room for Lehner.
Lehner isn't ready, he can't even win the starter's role in the AHL. He's only 20, don't rush him or we'll have a Swedish Steve Mason.

Anderson and Bishop are fine for at least a year, probably more.

Silexx

Yeah I hear some season ticket holders sell their tickets to avoid the drunk knuckledragger Leaf fans

Pretty much. It's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy too since the STHs give their tickets away to avoid the Toronto crowds, but they end allowing even more Leafs fans into the building.

Cake Boss

Banned
Even though they are douchrbags they still support their teams no matter what, if Ottawa was going through the same season that Leafs just went through you would have not seen a single Sens jersey in the stands. We have most fickle boring fanbases in the league.

Pretty much. It's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy too since the STHs give their tickets away to avoid the Toronto crowds, but they end allowing even more Leafs fans into the building.

C'mon man, Leafs and Habs fans outnumber the fans when they play in Western Canada so I don't see how it's so surprising they will be out in full force out in Ottawa.

Nice move by Atkinson follow up with a nice reaction by Prospal. Glad to have Mason back as well. I still don't believe Mason should be our starter. I'd dangle him as trade bait for a better goaltender.

Keep up the good D boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom