• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It'll be interesting to see the Blues in the playoffs, which goalie will they start, and how good will Halak be for his first time back since his miracle run.

ZeroGravity

Our goaltending duo for the rest of the season: Dwayne Roloson and Sebastien Caron.

Not enough lol's to cover it. 15th place here we come.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Raymond scratched for tonight.

QqGEX.gif

Cactus

Banned
My second fantasy team (points only) is very deep and I've been holding on to Raymond since there really aren't many other decent players left in the free agent pool.

Should I bail on him and pick up Matt Stajan or do you Nucks fans think there's still a chance he might turn it around?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Should I bail on him and pick up Matt Stajan or do you Nucks fans think there's still a chance he might turn it around?
SKATE REAL FAST
SHOOT INTO LOGO
FALL DOWN
SKATE REAL FAST
MISS NET

I feel bad that he got hurt last year and kudos for recovering, but dude is the epitome of streaky, ie. 2 games hot and 37 games not. Why he's taking up space on our #1 line I have no idea.

Curufinwe

No goalie controversy there. Both are playing great.

And see how well Bryz has been playing? Choose your 1a and play him through his tough times. Obviously you want to switch eventually but going back and forth between them creates inconsistency.

I posted an article yesterday where the author claimed one of the reason Bryz had so much trouble until recently was that Laviolette kept chopping and changing between goalies like he's done his whole career.

Seems plausible.

Just realised this when reading NHL.com:

Yep.

I loved Hitch when he was with the Flyers, he burns out fast but he gets results quick.

And see how well Bryz has been playing? Choose your 1a and play him through his tough times. Obviously you want to switch eventually but going back and forth between them creates inconsistency.

I agree totally. I thought Lavi was to quick to change guys early on. Hopefully Bryz keeps playing well and Lavi doesnt get the itch to switch things up in the playoffs. I still cant believe he benched Bob last year after a 1-0 loss.

Cactus

Banned
SKATE REAL FAST
SHOOT INTO LOGO
FALL DOWN
SKATE REAL FAST
MISS NET

I feel bad that he got hurt last year and kudos for recovering, but dude is the epitome of streaky, ie. 2 games hot and 37 games not. Why he's taking up space on our #1 line I have no idea.

Sounds a lot like Matthew Lombardi. I guess I'll probably cut him loose then. Thanks.

Socreges

Banned
My second fantasy team (points only) is very deep and I've been holding on to Raymond since there really aren't many other decent players left in the free agent pool.

He's the kind of guy that plays better after some time away (injury/scratch) so might as well hold on.

First line promotion to being scratched. That doesn't happen very often....

Schneider or Luongo tonight?

Milly79

So, now things are "complicated" according to Poile and we won't know more until tomorrow. Still expects Rudy to be back this season. What a clusterfuck.

Speaking of clusterfucks, Nashville has 14 people to sign in the off-season.

RFA - SK, Wilson, Weber, Hillen, Lindback, Rudy
UFA - AK, Goose, Toots, Yipper, McGrattan, Suter, Gill, Cube

Jesus fuck.

inb4suterwebertoeveryotherteaminthenhl

So, now things are "complicated" according to Poile and we won't know more until tomorrow. Still expects Rudy to be back this season. What a clusterfuck.

Jesus fuck.

You can be "inb4" whatever you want. As our developmental affiliate we will be calling up one of those guys to the big club next season. ;)

Socreges

Banned
We've now heard, I think, 5 separate speculative reasons for why Bryz has turned things around. Here's another:

His wife finally agreed to do anal.

Fei

Just saw Kassian scored his only points with Vancouver against Buffalo. Has he turned a bit more invisible since then?

Can't say Hodgson has done anything either besides try hard.

Socreges

Banned
bruce, I really think he's just struggled under the microscope/pressure in Philly and now that he's found some confidence (for whatever reason) he's not panicking in net. If things begin to go wrong in the playoffs, though, that won't be good.

Just saw Kassian scored his only points with Vancouver against Buffalo. Has he turned a bit more invisible since then?

Can't say Hodgson has done anything either besides try hard.
He's been playing on the fourth line and looking good at times. Had a breakaway last game.

I don't think anything's going to 'click' for him this season. His numbers obviously weren't good in Buffalo and I don't know why anyone expect that to change in Vancouver (not saying you did, but some here were thinking he'd do better immediately). For now he just brings some physicality for the playoffs. We'll see. If our secondary scoring suffers, that'll confirm the trade as a failure for me.

bruce, I really think he's just struggled under the microscope/pressure in Philly and now that he's found some confidence (for whatever reason) he's not panicking in net. If things begin to go wrong in the playoffs, though, that won't be good.

That's ascribing too much reason to it for me. I just don't put a lot stock in external factors in these things. Performance goes up and down. All that really changes is individual ranges. Bryz's is very large. That has a lot to do with my reasoning on not giving goalies big contracts btw. You need them to get hot in the playoffs regardless so just go for middle of the road in terms of skill.

pringles

Datsyuk should win the Hart just based off how bad the Wings have been without him.
To be honest we've been without Lidstrom for most of the time he missed.

But yeah, we're a different team with him in the lineup. He defines the Wings puck-possession style of hockey. And then he has the ability to score goals like the one against SJ..

Having some fun in photoshop.

Pf7CJ.jpg
They don't look old enough.

(awesome work :lol)

Red_Man

Jesus fuck.

I would be surprised if Gill resigns tbh, I'm hoping Montreal brings him back as a defense / PK coach.

CyReN

To be honest we've been without Lidstrom for most of the time he missed.

But yeah, we're a different team with him in the lineup. He defines the Wings puck-possession style of hockey. And then he has the ability to score goals like the one against SJ..

They don't look old enough.

(awesome work :lol)

Just for you.

RC0gK.jpg

Socreges

Banned
That's ascribing too much reason to it for me. I just don't put a lot stock in external factors in these things. Performance goes up and down. All that really changes is individual ranges. Bryz's is very large. That has a lot to do with my reasoning on not giving goalies big contracts btw. You need them to get hot in the playoffs regardless so just go for middle of the road in terms of skill.
Why put in Bobrovsky when Bryz is playing so well?

Given how bothered Bryz seemed in some interviews, I do think the pressure was getting to him and I'd imagine it affected his game. But only he'll know the truth... and even then he might not.

Datsyuk should win the Hart just based off how bad the Wings have been without him.

It's so sad but true. Even last game he was back in the lineup, the firstk second, and third lines were actually good, but the 4th line and the D was just horrendous. I guess we need Lidstrom back now to fix the D now (the 4th line is passed worth saving with Emmerton and Holmstrom, I feel bad for Mursak who is thrown in on it too since he is the only one with some potential on that line).

edit: nice picture CyReN, but yeah they don't look old enough.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
fixed

Also Helm will make it back just in time for us to be knocked out of the first round by Nashville, oh joy!

LOL at us getting the 5th spot. You so crazy.

Detroit/Dallas 1st round.

Chicago gets Nashville.

Socreges

Banned
Would like to point out that since I changed my avatar to 'Schneider relieving Luongo', Schneider's been awarded two consecutive starts. :D

He's on our 'top' line and apparently was never given much top 6 time w/ SJ. Hell of a player for us so far.
So, he's your Cody Hodgson.

...except he's actually been scoring.

Acid08

Banned
Just noticed how awesome McGinn has been for the Avs. What the hell?

If the Avs make the playoffs and the Sharks don't (pretty sure that won't happen).... ouch.
Was a third liner for us since he didn't have a top 6 spot. He has had some crazy numbers since being traded. I don't expect it to continue though.

Downie was too in the beginning but has cooled off. Hopefully mcginn doesn't.

Did you watch the last game? Downie took like 3 penalties, all fucking dumb. But near the end of the 3rd period while we were trying to hold the 1 goal lead he kicked a helmet on the ice at the puck carrier while forechecking.

I'm not sure what Sacco is going to do but holy shit he better do it fast.

Red_Man

"Radulov's return 2 the NHL is conditioned on him returning to the KHL next season (according to KHL Pres Medvedev via SovSport's ) Medvedev said Radulov was allowed to buy out this season only with the understanding he'd be back. If not, he'd have to pay 2/3 of next yrs"

Did you watch the last game? Downie took like 3 penalties, all fucking dumb. But near the end of the 3rd period while we were trying to hold the 1 goal lead he kicked a helmet on the ice at the puck carrier while forechecking.

I'm not sure what Sacco is going to do but holy shit he better do it fast.

No, luckily I woke up like halfway through the third period so I missed it. My friend was pretty pissed off at him acting like a dumbass, especially after how well he played before that.

I think Sacco is enough of a douche that it will get settled... Or I hope so.

"Radulov's return 2 the NHL is conditioned on him returning to the KHL next season (according to KHL Pres Medvedev via SovSport's ) Medvedev said Radulov was allowed to buy out this season only with the understanding he'd be back. If not, he'd have to pay 2/3 of next yrs"

Let's just put one of those pairs of "mustache glasses" on him and tell them we don't know where he went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom