• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenant

Yeah. I want Phoenix

I can see you now if they were eliminated by the hawks

topic.php

Fei

He's been playing on the fourth line and looking good at times. Had a breakaway last game.

I don't think anything's going to 'click' for him this season. His numbers obviously weren't good in Buffalo and I don't know why anyone expect that to change in Vancouver (not saying you did, but some here were thinking he'd do better immediately). For now he just brings some physicality for the playoffs.

Yep, I was just curious if he's leveled off since he was getting some praise his first few games. His inconsistency was the reason he was sent back to our AHL affiliate. It's funny how both fanbases had such a huge reaction to the trade and they've combined for two points in a month.

So, he's your Cody Hodgson.

...except he's actually been scoring.

:\ I'm convinced Hodgson needs to give up the #19. Tim Connolly has clearly ruined that for at least a decade.

Socreges

Banned
Yep, I was just curious if he's leveled off since he was getting some praise his first few games. His inconsistency was the reason he was sent back to our AHL affiliate.
He's been consistent, though. I think some Canucks fans here just wanted to believe that he would make us a better team, so whenever he did something moderately impressive it was "Hey, Kassian's looking good out there!"

He's doing fine and gets his chances, but he's not top 6 material (yet). Better for now to just send him out there and tell him to hit things.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Some French blog said it confirmed with 2 sources that Roy has been offered, and accepted the Head Coach job for next year, and it will be announced at the end of the season. I've never heard of this blog so I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but it's not difficult to see it happening.

Acid08

Banned
all part of the foreplay

I'd actually think another SJ - Chicago series would be a lot of fun instead of moving up to Nashville or somehow dropping back to play Vancouver again.

It would be fun but idk if it'll happen. The standings are such a clusterfuck right now, we're not going to be able to realistically speculate our playoff brackets until right before the season ends.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Some French blog said it confirmed with 2 sources that Roy has been offered, and accepted the Head Coach job for next year, and it will be announced at the end of the season. I've never heard of this blog so I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but it's not difficult to see it happening.

Head coach... Of the Quebec nordiques!

Slurmer

Banned
I agree totally. I thought Lavi was to quick to change guys early on. Hopefully Bryz keeps playing well and Lavi doesnt get the itch to switch things up in the playoffs. I still cant believe he benched Bob last year after a 1-0 loss.

He benched bob after he gave up 3 goals in half a period in game 2, not after the 1-0 loss in game 1

Even being swept in the first round would be fine with me, any playoff appearance for this young group would be immensely beneficial. First round sweep may even be the best case scenario. Get playoff experience, maybe get a new coach next year.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Head coach of the Coyotes or the Avs?

The Avs I can see since he has history there.

The Coyotes? Unless they move back to Quebec, Tippett has done an AMAZING job with what he has.

Red_Man

Head coach of the Coyotes or the Avs?

The Avs I can see since he has history there.

The Coyotes? Unless they move back to Quebec, Tippett has done an AMAZING job with what he has.
I mean if the Coyotes are moved to Quebec and turned into Nordiques 2.0 then I can see Roy taking that Head job over Montreal, unless Tippett stays with the team, I don't know how that whole situation would work out. I think he will coach Montreal before the Avs though.

Red_Man

"Of all players in the NHL who play >2min per game SH, P.K. Subban has the best possession. The best in the entire NHL."

Interesting stat. Hopefully Molson gets him and Price signed asap, or right after the season is over.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So Seguin is at 25 goals?

I'm going to pencil him in for another 2-3 tonight, should make it interesting for my bet with my buddy.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah no way he gets the Nordiques head coaching job, why would managment get rid of a Jack Adams trophy candidate for an unproven coach with little experience.

I could see Roy got to Avs or Habs.

Montresor

There is no silver lining to losing to Boston again. The Leafs are going to ruin their draft pick anyway.

PLEASE get back in this Leafs.

OnPoint

Yep, I was just curious if he's leveled off since he was getting some praise his first few games. His inconsistency was the reason he was sent back to our AHL affiliate. It's funny how both fanbases had such a huge reaction to the trade and they've combined for two points in a month.

:\ I'm convinced Hodgson needs to give up the #19. Tim Connolly has clearly ruined that for at least a decade.

Yeah, 19 is cursed in a Sabres uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom