• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am9Ea6YCMAE-6mT.png

Something went horribly wrong here...

Acid08

Banned
What would even be going through that dmans mind? Must just be FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK.

hao chi

CoyotesAttendanceSept.jpg
Jobing.comArena_display_image.jpg

yotes.jpg

ept_sports_nhl_experts-443726066-1287755889.jpg

LOOK AT ALL THE FANS

IIRC, that game was an early season game from a couple years back when the ownership bullshit had started, and the team was expected to be the worst in the league. As much as it sucks, that's a pretty tough sell for the fans.

Attendance gradually improved that season though, and was pretty good leading into the playoffs.

If the Coyotes move, I think the thing that will irritate me most is when we finally got a very good GM that was able to turn this team around, the ownership mess started and fucked up any chance of bandwagoners hopping on having a winning team nearby. I think the team could do well, especially if they could get some of the snow birds that are fans of other teams to start showing up to the arena occasionally, even when their favorite team isn't visiting. Because there actually are a lot of hockey fans in Phoenix, just many of them aren't Coyotes fans (yet, I hope).

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Well, what a fucking awful night to be a Panthers fan. Was exhausted when I got home from work and laid down for a few hours, then got up and watched the game off DVR. I should have stayed asleep. A whole lot of flat out embarrassing moments in that game.

Revenant

The other Panthers players just have the camouflage like "Predator"

I really want to see the clip of that. I don't even know how....

Solo

March Bourque/Cammy update:

Bourque:
21GP 4G 2A 6P -10

Cammy:
19GP 6G 3A 9P -5

Neither are tearing it up, but Cammy is better across the board, no surprise.

FOOTE

Disappointed with the loss last night but it's been a good a road trip so far.

Hopefully I'll get to watch some of the game on Saturday against San Jose. I think I was able to watch a total of four periods of hockey this week.

Marvie_3

Banned
IIRC, that game was an early season game from a couple years back when the ownership bullshit had started, and the team was expected to be the worst in the league. As much as it sucks, that's a pretty tough sell for the fans.

Attendance gradually improved that season though, and was pretty good leading into the playoffs.

If the Coyotes move, I think the thing that will irritate me most is when we finally got a very good GM that was able to turn this team around, the ownership mess started and fucked up any chance of bandwagoners hopping on having a winning team nearby. I think the team could do well, especially if they could get some of the snow birds that are fans of other teams to start showing up to the arena occasionally, even when their favorite team isn't visiting. Because there actually are a lot of hockey fans in Phoenix, just many of them aren't Coyotes fans (yet, I hope).
Those crowds happened fairly often last year. There was a Coyotes season ticket holder who kept posting pictures of the crowds and many of them were not pretty. Yes, there were games where the building was pretty full but that's when Detroit, Chicago, etc. came to town, and needing other teams' fans show up to fill the building is a huge red flag. They've been in the bottom 3 in league attendance for a long time, including several years before the ownership mess even started. They also have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league and still can't get anyone to go.

You also have to consider how many discount ticket packages they have to run to get people in the building.

3-for-1 deal

It's a huge problem when you have half empty buildings of people who aren't paying anything near NHL prices. No team can survive like that.

While I don't doubt that there are hockey fans in the Phoenix area, but as the situation stands, it's flat out not going to work. The Coyotes are extremely damaged goods right now and even if they did get a owner willing to keep the team in Glendale, that owner would have to suffer through years and years of heavy losses and there's no guarantee the team will ever turn a profit again.

It sucks for the Coyotes fans that do support the team, but unless the rich Texan guy from the Simpsons somehow comes to life, there is nobody that's going to throw that much money away to keep the team in Glendale. Jerry Reinsdorf has been the only person with a legit offer for them but even he wanted a huge sweetheart deal to keep the team there. The only other "serious" buyers have been a bunch of assclowns who didn't actually have the money but wanted to look like big shots.

It was awesome to be at that Jets game last night! Probably my favourite game of the season and really a must-win for our team.

Only bummer was that the guy sitting right in front of me at the game won the 50/50....45K. So jealous!

Blunt Burke not sold on advanced stats. Soft-spoken Chiarelli far more open to them.
Asked how he analyzes players, Brian Burke of the Maple Leafs said, “Not very successfully right now.”

Big laugh.

“You’ve got to win 100 face-offs to get a goal.” Burke scoffed, “I’ve seen one face-off lead to a goal. Unfortunately I’ve seen too much of that lately.” Big laugh.

HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW234_172.jpg

Cactus

Banned
Aulie should be making his Lightning debut tonight. Probably won't play much, but will be interesting to see.

He played poorly with the Leafs but I don't think he should necessary be blamed for that.

I expect him to be a solid player for you guys, especially with Boucher's defensive system.

So is anyone else going to Caps/Flyers Sunday? I'm going with a friend from school, but if anyone wants to meet at the Turtle or something before/after the game I'm in.

So is anyone else going to Caps/Flyers Sunday? I'm going with a friend from school, but if anyone wants to meet at the Turtle or something before/after the game I'm in.

I would to go to Caps/Flyers. They are usually really good games. Hopefully Bryz can keep playing well and the D can get their shit together.

Parch

That 5 on 1 pic is going to be a classic. That has to be extremely rare at the NHL level. Good thing they scored or the mock would be on them.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
March Bourque/Cammy update:

Bourque:
21GP 4G 2A 6P -10

Cammy:
19GP 6G 3A 9P -5

Neither are tearing it up, but Cammy is better across the board, no surprise.

Didnt the Habs get more then just Bourque though?

We got Holland a prospect who's been tearing up the WHL, and a 2nd rounder in 2013 which we need seeing as we have some of the worst prospect depth in the league. We also save a bunch of salary for a guy who has similar stats and does more away from the puck. Bourque hasn't be amazing or anything but he's had some good moments, and I don't expect him to fully embrace the whole situation until next season when this retarded roller coaster of a season is over.

Erdrick

So who will Winnipeg boo when Buffalo makes their return there? Vanek or Pominville?

That's... a good question. The Sabres really have no one for us to hate. Maybe just rag on Miller all night? Long gone are the days where Barnaby, Ray and May were on your team, so I am not too sure who we will boo.

And I'll say it again: That 5 on 1 last night against the Panthers was insane. Thank goodness we scored otherwise that'd be some laughing stock material right there.

Also, Go New Jersey tonight and go Habs on Saturday. Also go whoever the Sabres play against this weekend too. (No offence meant, just that you guys are getting close to us and all. =P)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's... a good question. The Sabres really have no one for us to hate. Maybe just rag on Miller all night? Long gone are the days where Barnaby, Ray and May were on your team, so I am not too sure who we will boo.

And I'll say it again: That 5 on 1 last night against the Panthers was insane. Thank goodness we scored otherwise that'd be some laughing stock material right there.

Also, Go New Jersey tonight and go Habs on Saturday. Also go whoever the Sabres play against this weekend too. (No offence meant, just that you guys are getting close to us and all. =P)

Sabres are playing the Canucks in Vancouver. Will be interesting, what with Hodgson's return and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom