• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC

Banned
I'm all for the Sabres doing well, but since I traded away Miller in my fantasy pool a small part of me wants him to return to his early-season form.

Pool allegiances, man.

The Sabres have always been my second team. That expansion cousin bond runs deep.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
i8YlQ.gif

I might get used to the KASSIAN ERA™ if he continues to lay the wood to his opponents left, right and center. Gragnani didn't look out of place at all.

lol Avs

OnPoint

MILLERSHUTOUTPEEN.GIF

MILLERSHUTOUTPEEN.GIF

MILLERSHUTOUTPEEN.GIF

MILLERSHUTOUTPEEN.GIF

MILLERSHUTOUTPEEN.GIF

MILLERSHUTOUTPEEN.GIF

Acid08

Banned
Worst fucking type of loss right there. Dominate the entire fucking game with nothing to show for it. Thanks for letting in the softie Nemo.

MAD.

OnPoint

The San Jose Sharks did everything but put the puck behind Miller. The Sabres had no business getting away with that one after the first period.

Acid08

Banned
San Jose is an awesome team, btw. How are they 7th in the West? Injuries?

Inconsistent as fuck. Niemi is all over the place.

Haven't had a real top 6 for almost the entire year with Havlat being made of glass and all.

Last 19 games include:
Blues
Coyotes x3
Preds
Wings
Kings x3
Bruins

We honestly might not make the playoffs.

OnPoint

Haven't had a real top 6 for almost the entire year with Havlat being made of glass and all.

Last 19 games include:
Blues
Coyotes x3
Preds
Wings
Kings x3
Bruins

We honestly might not make the playoffs.

I'll be honestly surprised if that happens. You're too good to miss, really.

Acid08

Banned
We'll see what happens when Couture, Murray, and Havlat are back. Tmac too, he hasn't come back since taking that stick to the head against Minny. Having two assistants coaching is awful.

It's weird, we just cannot seem to win without Murray. He got injured early on our 9 game 15 day road trip and it went to complete shit.

Need to beat Phoenix and the Queens every single time until the end of the season.

SJ also let go of a coach over the summer.
I blame the entire season on Niemi and coaching, maybe lack of forward depth that can score.

Erdrick

I just got back from the Jets game and... WOW. I never expected that domination. Especially over the Panthers who have basically had our number this year it seems. Or maybe just Kris Versteeg. In any case, I wasn't too happy with our play in the 2nd, as it was becoming all too familiar to me in our attempt to hold back and protect a lead. Thankfully, the 3rd was just offence after offence. That 5 on 1... wow. Never seen that in an actual game.

Pavelec was awesome, Kane was Awesome, Wheeler was awesome, Wellwood, Little, Burmistrov and well, hell, basically our whole team clicked.

Nice payback by Stuart on Skille in the 3rd for what he did to Enstrom (ie breaking his collarbone and having him miss 6 weeks due to it.) back at the first half of the season.

Back in 8th... and only 2 behind the Panthers for 3rd again.

Hopefully the Sabres cool off by Monday when they come here.

One of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of being at.

Acid08

Banned
SJ also let go of a coach over the summer.
I blame the entire season on Niemi and coaching, maybe lack of forward depth that can score.

Torrey Mitchell should not be on an NHL team but since we have him he should be on the 4th line, if not scratched. Since we have Galiardi and Winnik now there is no excuse for him to be in the lineup most nights. Handzus has been pretty bad this season too and he's getting paid too much for what he contributes. Colin White is fucking awful and I thought nothing could be worse than Wallin last year.

When everyone is healthy this is the team I want to see:

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Galiardi-Moore-Winnik
Winchester-Handzus-Desjardins

Vlasic-Boyle
Murray-Burns
Braun-Demers

Niemi
Greiss

Offensive call ups: Wingels, Mitchell, Ferrerio(ugh please no)
Defensive call ups: White, Vandermeer

Fei

Maybe it's time for Pegula to see how much it will take to move Miller's wife to Buffalo. If this is how he plays in front of her, my god. Really, if SJ played any other goalie tonight they win.

Erdrick

Miller's last six: 5-0-1 with a .965 SV% and a 1.34 GAA.

Hope not!

Well, at least we will be well rested by Monday. No games till you guys come to town. No Johnny Oduya to score the OT winner for us this time around though lol.

I look forward to seeing Miller back in proper form.

When everyone is healthy this is the team I want to see:

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Galiardi-Moore-Winnik
Winchester-Handzus-Desjardins

Vlasic-Boyle
Murray-Burns
Braun-Demers

Niemi
Greiss

Offensive call ups: Wingels, Mitchell, Ferrerio(ugh please no)
Defensive call ups: White, Vandermeer

That's a pretty beastly line-up. I can see that Braun/Demers pairing might be a little exposed.
Can you tell me what Andrew Murray and Jim Sheppard were for again? hah

Acid08

Banned
That's a pretty beastly line-up. I can see that Braun/Demers pairing might be a little exposed.
Can you tell me what Andrew Murray and Jim Sheppard were for again? hah

Braun/Demers has been pretty darn good this year, the pairing that always gets exposed is whichever pairing Colin White is on.

Yeah Andrew Murray is just barely a 4th liner, in the AHL now. Sheppard is finally back from his knee injury and is on a conditioning assignment in the AHL right now. Hopefully he gets an extended stay there, he apparently was a top prospect until Minny decided to take him directly from juniors to the NHL and completely fucked his development.

Socreges

Banned
Canucks.com wanting to call Lapierre-Malhotra-Kassian the "Crash, Bang, Boom line". That's extremely fucking lame.

The "Friends Forever line" is far better.

CCF23

Canucks.com wanting to call Lapierre-Malhotra-Kassian the "Crash, Bang, Boom line". That's extremely fucking lame.

The "Friends Forever line" is far better.

I wouldn't give that line a name. It won't be long before Raymond is demoted to the 4th line. Kassian deserves more ice if he keeps playing well anyway.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wouldn't give that line a name. It won't be long before Raymond is demoted to the 4th line. Kassian deserves more ice if he keeps playing well anyway.

Then they can just rename it the Crash-Bang-Miss line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom