• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he gets anything more than 3 games, I'd be amazed (Not to mention it'd be a bit excessive). Not even qualified as a repeat offender.

If he gets more than 5, that's a fucking joke.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wsoxfan1214 said:
If he gets anything more than 3 games, I'd be amazed (Not to mention it'd be a bit excessive). Not even qualified as a repeat offender.

I don't think he'll get more for hitting a Sedin, he'll get more for

a) the hit being with the puck not around
b) the elbow being the only thing Keith uses to hit
c) the head the only thing he hits
d) the history with the previous hit from Daniel on Keith, indicating that his hit was out of retaliation and intent to injure.
e) Sedin being out with a concussion

he'll get less because

a) he has no past history

So overall, I'd say he SHOULD get more than Doan, but I don't think he'll get more than 3.

I'm actually okay with this. Show the league that retaliation is NOT something that will be tolerated AT ALL.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Why the fuck can't we beat this team?

Wasn't saying the fact that he's a top dman for us should factor into the suspension. I was agreeing with the "it'd be a hell of a time to send that message" train of thought and adding that to it.

I'm not trying to justify the hit. It was filthy. But he isn't a repeat offender. 3 games would make sense and 5 should be the max. Anything more is ridiculous.

If you think the Sedin hit was 100% clean, I'd suggest you watch it again, by the way.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Too little, too late. Hopefully the Bruins never play the Sharks in the Finals, because I'm pretty sure we'd get swept.

CCF23

If Aaron Rome's hit is worth 4 Stanley Cup Finals games, Keith's hit is worth more. Rome's hit was dirty, but was FAR closer to an actual hockey play than Keith's.

How the hell does Richards keep getting into SO lineups? It was stupid in Philly, but at least we could say we were doing it cuz he was our captain.

EDIT: I'd put my foot in my mouth, but that was the ugliest thing I've ever seen....

CCF23

So the Canucks have Luongo and Schneider, and then in the AHL they have another young goalie putting up ridiculous numbers in Eddie Lack, and they have one of the best goalies in college hockey in prospect Joe Cannata.

Eddie Lack (AHL):

10-11: 53GP - .926Sv% - 2.26GAA
11-12: 39GP - .927Sv% - 2.27GAA

Joe Cannata:

11-12: .925Sv% - 2.18GAA

Cannata made 30 saves in Sunday's loss to Maine, whose head coach Tim Whitehead raved about him afterward.

"Vancouver has a special player," Whitehead told the (Lawrence, Mass.) Eagle-Tribune newspaper after that game. "He made so many key stops in the third. They were pushing, trying to get a guy out to open up the ice and they knew with him back there they could."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...now+ordinary/6290732/story.html#ixzz1puxSygdK

...so much /depth.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So the Canucks have Luongo and Schneider, and then in the AHL they have another young goalie putting up ridiculous numbers in Eddie Lack, and they have one of the best goalies in college hockey in prospect Joe Cannata.

Eddie Lack (AHL):

10-11: 53GP - .926Sv% - 2.26GAA
11-12: 39GP - .927Sv% - 2.27GAA

Joe Cannata:

11-12: .925Sv% - 2.18GAA

...so much /depth.

You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to draft day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom