• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0mp

I'm not rooting for the Kings either, but Gagne deserves all the success in the world. A class act his whole career.

agreed. Love me some gagne. I like the idea of Flyers-West but it'd be painful to watch our old core lift a cup with another teams logo on their chest..

agreed. Love me some gagne. I like the idea of Flyers-West but it'd be painful to watch our old core lift a cup with another teams logo on their chest..

Just take pride in know it is as close to winning the Stanley Cup these days as you guys are going to get... :p

Edit: How the heck did we move back up to 4th place after losing 6 games in a row... What is this?

Clydefrog

And yeah, Puddles and Clydefrog have been around all season.

PUDDLES AND CLYDEFROG ARE THE ONLY LEGITIMATE LA QUEENS FANS AND ALL THE REST OF YOU ARE BANDWAGONERS*.

The bandwagoners from last night were pretty hilarious. But thanks you two! I feel worthy of NHL-GAF all the sudden.

I'd also note that Doctor West (the guy with the strange mr. peanut avatar) has been in and out of this thread supporting the Kings all season long.

It's weird seeing the Kings in third. I just know that after this weekend they could be back in tenth place. LOL

Revenant

"Its hard to settle scores going into the playoffs but we are going to keep an extra eye on Mr. Kieth"

-Kevin Bieksa

lpPlj.png

CCF23

News1130 Sports ‏ @News1130Sports
Keith camp and Hawks can't believe why NHL changed their mind. They wanna know who got to Shanahan within 7 hour time frame.

crying-baby-300x300.jpg

I thought it was a meeting in person which kicked up the amount of games he could be suspended?

He waived his right to an in person hearing. He can be suspended more than 5 games.

Real_ESPNLeBrun: NHLPA and Duncan Keith have agreed to waive his right to in-person hearing. The hearing via phone will go on at 2 pm ET as scheduled

I wonder if in waiving his right to an in person meeting, Keith has offended Shanaban and co. Or sent the message that he believes the proceedings aren't worth his time.

CCF23

I wonder if in waiving his right to an in person meeting, Keith has offended Shanaban and co. Or sent the message that he believes the proceedings aren't worth his time.

It's probably for the best...I'm not sure Shanahan would want him to see the wheel of justice anyway. The fewer people that know, the better.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I'm fairly certain Shanahan was the one asking Keith to waive it, so they wouldn't have to fly around the whole country and delay it. If anything, Keith's waive is a nice move on his part to not make it unnecessarily complicated.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just saw this on NHL.com, thought it was interesting to share:

How bad was the 8-0 loss for the Leafs? They became the first team in more than a year to give up eight or more goals on 24 or fewer shots; the last one was also a Randy Carlyle-coached team -- the Anaheim Ducks allowed nine goals on only 23 shots against St. Louis last Feb. 19

I'm fairly certain Shanahan was the one asking Keith to waive it, so they wouldn't have to fly around the whole country and delay it. If anything, Keith's waive is a nice move on his part to not make it unnecessarily complicated.

Ah, that clears it up. I was thinking it might be construed as one of those 'failure to appear' situations.

Montresor

Also, who keeps getting fooled by the perpetually grey Neogaf image in the sticky section because of the locked NBA thread? Grey-skinned Neogaf logo means no new posts. Regularly-coloured Neogaf logo means new posts.

I keep accidentally assuming the NHL thread is the one with no new posts.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dear Tebow,

For all of us in NHL-GAF please have the Black Hawks and the Canucks face each other again this year in the playoffs. The salt that will pour down will be beautiful.

your pal,

Kave Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom