• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detroit just had the puck in the Wild zone for 1:14 and scored a goal after making the Wild look silly. That was amazing.

EDIT - And now White scores to make it 5-0.

They are making Minny look like a Junior team out there, but it is nice to see the team performing like this without Datsyuk or Lidstrom even if the Wild just suck with all their injuries. Almost brings a tear to my eye with happiness.

Marvie_3

Banned
Lehner is impressing the shit out of me. This is the first time I've seen him play and he's the ONLY reason Ottawa is still in this game.

Quick

Banned
Went out for a bit earlier this evening and was listening to TSN 1050, and they were just talking about the possibility of Wilson getting fired after the Habs game if the team loses, but they made it sound like he already did.

On my way home, I was listening to them, and I thought they were repeating what they were saying, then I heard that he got fired for real.

My reaction?

BMYIS.gif

When I got home, I checked Twitter and saw the Carlyle got hired. Seems like a good hire based on his resume, and it seems like an easy pick with the Burke connection. Dastardly's endorsement put me at ease.

I could be wrong, and Dastardly is probably the guy to answer this, but wasn't there some kind of problem between Carlyle and Lupul in Anaheim? I remember watching, listening, or reading something prior to the Ducks/Leafs game early on about Lupul's relationship with him and/or front office was strained. Again, I could be wrong, and if it's somewhat accurate, I hope it's water under the bridge now.

Effectively, Ron Wilson got the worst xmas present ever.

Severance package is apparently pretty nice for him. I don't feel too bad, but if he does get another coaching job, I do hope he's more successful with that team. As much as I hated on him with everyone, I don't think he's the worst coach ever. He just didn't work overall with the Leafs.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I was at work when I saw the tweet on my phone and I dropped my jacket and started celebrating and cheering

Man... That kind of leafs related excitement I haven't felt in a long loooong time

Cactus

Banned
Just heard the news. Very happy with Carlyle.

I don't really expect much of a difference in the short-term, but hopefully with a fresh start (and a new fucking defensive system) the 2012-2013 Leafs will be much improved.

Marvie_3

Banned
Surprisingly good game. That was probably the best game by a Chicago goaltender all season. Sens had some good chances though. Lehner was unreal too.

I got the impression you thought Emery was a bum.

I recall being ridiculed when I said that was a solid pickup....

He was terrible in the preseason and has been pretty shaky at times this season. Tonight was his best game as a Blackhawk by far.

Surprisingly good game. That was probably the best game by a Chicago goaltender all season. Sens had some good chances though. Lehner was unreal too.

Stan Bowman could have been in goal and you'd still have won

Good game, poor effort from the home team.

I could be wrong, and Dastardly is probably the guy to answer this, but wasn't there some kind of problem between Carlyle and Lupul in Anaheim? I remember watching, listening, or reading something prior to the Ducks/Leafs game early on about Lupul's relationship with him and/or front office was strained. Again, I could be wrong, and if it's somewhat accurate, I hope it's water under the bridge now.

:lol @ how you found out. That's something.

RE: Lupul... "Hi, I'm Randy, I'll be your new coach. And now, Joffrey is going to show you how I handle bag skates, aren't you Joffrey?"

Lupul didn't like the fact that he didn't get much ice time on his return, even though he earned it and played well whenever he wasn't injured, he just never got the opportunity and because of that there was some serious angst going on.

Since Lupul is now top-line material, you can bet your bottom dollar that it won't be causing them grief.

“I know the opportunity I’m getting in TOR I never would have had in ANA..Carlyle just did not see me as that type of player” LUPUL NOV26/11

I'm sure things will be ok since Lupul has proven himself

Quick

Banned
:lol @ how you found out. That's something.

RE: Lupul... "Hi, I'm Randy, I'll be your new coach. And now, Joffrey is going to show you how I handle bag skates, aren't you Joffrey?"

Lupul didn't like the fact that he didn't get much ice time on his return, even though he earned it and played well whenever he wasn't injured, he just never got the opportunity and because of that there was some serious angst going on.

Since Lupul is now top-line material, you can bet your bottom dollar that it won't be causing them grief.

Dastardly, my man. Almost spat out laughing at this.

Yeah, that was a really vague explanation on how I got it. I'd say it was probably watching SportsCentre. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom