• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit fucking yes!!!! We couldn't make a trade so we fired Wilson! I'm so happy right now. And the best thing is that Carlyle is in. Fuck. Yes.

Ear shit Wilson!!!!

Acid08

Banned
:lol @ how you found out. That's something.

RE: Lupul... "Hi, I'm Randy, I'll be your new coach. And now, Joffrey is going to show you how I handle bag skates, aren't you Joffrey?"

Lupul didn't like the fact that he didn't get much ice time on his return, even though he earned it and played well whenever he wasn't injured, he just never got the opportunity and because of that there was some serious angst going on.

Since Lupul is now top-line material, you can bet your bottom dollar that it won't be causing them grief.

You never know what an evil mastermind like Carlyle has in mind though...

CarlylePenguin.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm as surprised as anyone.

EDIT: They just gave Stamkos an assist on the second goal lol

They probably just noticed it themselves and found it too unrealistic, so they gave him a point anyway so people wouldn't think they were cheating. Makes sense.

Socreges

Banned
Wow. The "only cancer patients feel pressure" comments probably didn't help his case.

I honestly expect the Leafs to turn things around and go on a tear for their last 18(?) games. Coaching changes have been huge this season.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Holy shit just saw it on twitter. Bob Mccown is gonna have a field day Monday.

another leaf fan emerges :D

Wow. The "only cancer patients feel pressure" comments probably didn't help his case.

I honestly expect the Leafs to turn things around and go on a tear for their last 18(?) games. Coaching changes have been huge this season.

18 game win streak pls

our tank is likely over though :<

DopeyFish

Brophy is a douche. Obviously Carlyle would rather talk to his new team before three media guys lurking in a dark alley.

exactly... show the team some respect and win them over...

we need our time to buy into a system... any damn system

anything is better than whatever wilson was... using (pond hockey)

Cake Boss

Banned
Deserved that loss tonight. Very sloppy and the Hawks looked hungry.

We need some secondary scoring, Spezza and Karlsson cant do everything. We better call up some kids this weekend. I am getting tired of Stone hands in our top 6, give some ice time to the more talented kids that are in the AHL, they cant posaibly be any worse.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully Carlyle motivates his troops enough to make the leafs play well tomorrow and beat the Habs. I don't want them getting comfortable with a 2 game winning streak. I would think whatever goalie he chooses to start tomorrow will have a big game.

SpacLock

I was on strike until Dastyuk came back, but then I seen the line up changes for tonight and decided to watch. What a great game. Glad to see the Wings playing well without two of their best on the ice.

I wish Smith started this season, but oh well. It was nice to see him get his first goal of the season.

Nice to see Detroit get a convincing win and a shutout for Howard, though Minny did get robbed on that no goal call. Still A good 60 minute full effort tonight, the first time I can say that in a long time, feels good man.

Edit: Also Bert got injured in the third somehow, if it keeps him out for next game, we may see Tatar or Nyquist up, though I have a feeling the Hawks might take the game anyways with how these injuries are piling up for us.

Deserved that loss tonight. Very sloppy and the Hawks looked hungry.

We need some secondary scoring, Spezza and Karlsson cant do everything. We better call up some kids this weekend. I am getting tired of Stone hands in our top 6, give some ice time to the more talented kids that are in the AHL, they cant posaibly be any worse.

Only 4 call ups now, and only 1 roster spot left, probably for Bishop.

DopeyFish

oh and the best part about carlyle... if you remember me bitching a week ago...

WE NOW HAVE A COACH THAT LINE MATCHES

no more 4th line out there after every damn goal

SpacLock

Nice to see Detroit get a convincing win and a shutout for Howard, though Minny did get robbed on that no goal call. Still A good 60 minute full effort tonight, the first time I can say that in a long time, feels good man.

Edit: Also Bert got injured in the third somehow, if it keeps him out for next game, we may see Tatar or Nyquist up, though I have a feeling the Hawks might take the game anyways with how these injuries are piling up for us.

Feels great.

Hopefully Carlyle motivates his troops enough to make the leafs play well tomorrow and beat the Habs. I don't want them getting comfortable with a 2 game winning streak. I would think whatever goalie he chooses to start tomorrow will have a big game.

Don't jinx it

Wow! I'm really surprised Burke did the deed before season end. It was fair though: Wilson's final 18 games would have been horrendous, on a personal level, for him and for the team. Now that we're effectively ruled out of the playoffs, there was no point in Burke forcing Wilson to remain a lame duck and fire him in the post-season.

Carlyle... eh, I can't say I'm overly enthused about his appointment. He arrives having left Anaheim for reasons not at all dissimilar to Wilson's departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom