• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

DopeyFish and Brinbe... Cheering against your own team is BS.

Every win now is totally meaningless, sure. Whatever. The Leafs don't need a superstar gift-wrapped to them to succeed. There are PLENTY of teams that succeed without tanking. What we need is not Leaf losses for a top draft pick. They need competent management, which they haven't had in a decade.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That's a good thing.

Kessel with an awesome pass to Franson. Studly.

We will win the lottery. I have faith. So the wins don't bother me. In fact wins for your team of choice are always awesome.

I only agree with you cause we can't seem to get anything close to 20 shots in a game. There is no way we beat the Rangers not shooting that much.

Currently we're at 3 shots?

Brinbe

DopeyFish and Brinbe... Cheering against your own team is BS.

Every win now is totally meaningless. Whatever. The Leafs don't need a superstar gift-wrapped to them to succeed. There are PLENTY of teams that succeed without tanking. What we need is not Leaf losses for a top draft pick. They need competent management, which they haven't had in a decade.
hahahaha, couldn't disagree more. Your entitled to rooting for the team, I don't belittle anyone that does that. Hell, I'm happy to see the youngsters like Kadri/Franson perform well. But this is the reality of the situation, we're not making the playoffs, and winning now isn't meaningless, it hurts. The worst place to be in all of sports is being simply mediocre, not too good/not too bad, and that's where we've been since 2004.

And we're not even in a position to argue against tanking because this team DID tank for a good month. To reverse course with only a few more weeks before the off-season is the most frustrating thing ever and this franchise does it constantly! And there's no arguments here about management, the failure to prepare for the new NHL/JFJ's all-around awfulness certainly set us back. Burke hasn't been perfect, but he's done a great job building up a solid foundation whereas before we had absolutely nothing. The only thing we've arguably been missing (apart from perhaps Kadri) IS that top-end homegrown talent that puts us over the top. We're in position to get that now, and I won't be ashamed to want it, even if it means a few more losses.

Montresor

Cherry is such fucking moron... Ugh this broadcast. I love how he thinks he knows the answer to all of Toronto's problems. Kadri is being developed properly with the Marlies. The kid is gonna have a deep playoff run on a stacked Marlies team this year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
hahahaha, couldn't disagree more. Your entitled to rooting for the team, I don't belittle anyone that does that. Hell, I'm happy to see the youngsters like Kadri/Franson perform well. But this is the reality of the situation, we're not making the playoffs, and winning now isn't meaningless, it hurts. The worst place to be in all of sports is being simply mediocre, not too good/not too bad, and that's where we've been since 2004.

And we're not even in a position to argue against tanking because this team DID tank for a good month. To reverse course with only a few more weeks before the off-season is the most frustrating thing ever and this franchise does it constantly! And there's no arguments here about management, the failure to prepare for the new NHL/JFJ's all-around awfulness certainly set us back. Burke hasn't been perfect, but he's done a great job building up a solid foundation whereas before we had absolutely nothing. The only thing we've arguably been missing (apart from perhaps Kadri) IS that top-end homegrown talent that puts us over the top. We're in position to get that now, and I won't be ashamed to want it, even if it means a few more losses.

I'm half with Mont, I won't ever cheer against the Leafs. But at the same time I ain't even mad when they lose. As we all know these guys won't purposely tank, no team will.

If anything I think I'm cheering more for individuals on the team. Kessel will forever get his sack lathered by me.

Montresor

And even when Cherry is making a good point, i.e commending Komisarek for fighting Lucic, he can't even pronounce Lucic's name properly. CBC is becoming a shithole.

Canuck76

Banned
Got to say those Leafs uniforms are soooo classic. I really like the leafs on the shoulders. Kadri is the muslim prospect who was drafted pretty high right? Is he playing in this game or still in his owl league developing?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Got to say those Leafs uniforms are soooo classic. I really like the leafs on the shoulders. Kadri is the muslim prospect who was drafted pretty high right? Is he playing in this game or still in his owl league developing?

Kadri is up right now but he'll be sent back down once a few guys come back from injury.

Quick

Banned
Does Sather ALWAYS have a cigar on him? I don't think I've actually seen him without sucking on one.

It's not lit considering Ontario's smoking ban.

Quick

Banned
04-alaskankingcrab-2_000.JPG

CRABBE!!

Montresor

He was drafted 7th overall in 2009 by the Leafs. Born and raised in London, Ontario. He is of Lebanese descent (just like me! Although I'm half Lebanese and half Iranian), but I don't know if he's Muslim.

He went back to the OHL (junior league) for the 2009/2010 season and developed there. Starting in the 2010/2011 season he has been developing in the AHL with the Marlies, Toronto's farm team. He has been called up sporadically but has been inevitably sent down to the Marlies after every call-up.

He was called up since yesterday though. He had two goals and a shootout goal yesterday and he's in the lineup tonight.

Canuck76

Banned
He was drafted 7th overall in 2009 by the Leafs. Born and raised in London, Ontario. He is of Lebanese descent (just like me! Although I'm half Lebanese and half Iranian), but I don't know if he's Muslim.

He went back to the OHL (junior league) for the 2009/2010 season and developed there. Starting in the 2010/2011 season he has been developing in the AHL with the Marlies, Toronto's farm team. He has been called up sporadically but has been inevitably sent down to the Marlies after every call-up.

He was called up since yesterday though. He had two goals and a shootout goal yesterday and he's in the lineup tonight.

I wasn't just making the assumption because of his ethnicity i read on wikipedia (I'm just trying to learn more) he's muslim but he's never been made fun of or had any problems. Do they have any other good offensive prospects?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't get Ottawa. I just don't. Fail miserably against a Habs team that doesn't even wanna win, then play awesome against the arguably
hottest team in the league atm?!?

MPW

I wasn't just making the assumption because of his ethnicity i read on wikipedia (I'm just trying to learn more) he's muslim but he's never been made fun of or had any problems. Do they have any other good offensive prospects?

leafs? good prospects? how high are you right now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom