• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacAttack

We're going to be a first round exit if we don't fix our offense in these last few games...

More worried about our defensive play to tell you the truth.

yesjacknicholson.gif

CCF23

Easily. The team's been really good about signing sweetheart deals. With the exception of Keith Ballard and Luongo, no one really has an albatross contract. Most are below market value if anything.

Luongo's contract isn't an albatross in terms of cap hit. $5.33 is fine. Maybe even a bit of a bargain.

I like the 3rd line right now. Pahlsson's been an amazing acquisition for the Canucks, and I feel Higgins is more effective on that line than the 2nd.

Puddles

Banned
Disappointing loss tonight. From 3rd to 8th just like that. I was hoping San Jose could beat Phoenix in regulation, but alas.

Parch

Landeskog on After Hours. That kid is way too pretty. The way he plays the game he'll eventually get a stick in the face and bust up that beak. Power forwards never stay pretty.

Man, long ass day but we played a good game. Gave up a 2 goal lead but I honestly don't mind how it went down. Happy with the 1 point at least. McGinn has made Stastny into a real person again.

It's just too bad Duchene looks like he couldn't give a shit about much still.

Landeskog on After Hours. That kid is way too pretty. The way he plays the game he'll eventually get a stick in the face and bust up that beak. Power forwards never stay pretty.

It's always creepy when the women around here ask me if he's 18. He looks like Ken. But that's fine as long as he keeps playing the way he plays.

Man, long ass day but we played a good game. Gave up a 2 goal lead but I honestly don't mind how it went down. Happy with the 1 point at least. McGinn has made Stastny into a real person again.

Did Mueller seriously get healthy scratched tonight?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Sorry bro we tried our best to let you guys win (we even gave you guys lots of pp time for a change!) but apparently Luongo didn't get the memo. Also, did noone tell Verlamov that the best way to stop a Raymond shot is to just stand in the middle of the goal?

Also, that Hansen bitchslap on the GWG was great.

CCF23

I thought Duchene looked pretty good. It was VERY apparent his confidence is low, though, and he tried to do way too much himself.

Acid08

Banned
Thanks Bruins and Nucks(to a lesser extent)!

Too bad our game had to be a three pointer, happy they came out of it with two though.

CCF23

What's the over/under on number of Pacific division lead changes from now until the end of the season? Something around 10?

Monday should be a fun fuckin' game. Can't help but think McGinn'll have a fire under him for sure.

And yeah, Mueller was a healthy scratch because he hasn't been great lately. It's funny to me though, Mueller comes back and has a couple of good games and then a string of mediocre games. He gets scratched. Hejduk has been in just about all season long if memory serves and he has been pretty fucking terrible. He gets moved to the 4th line which in itself is ironic enough considering it's the line we put out when we want to respond to bad play of other lines. He's never scratched and even gets powerplay time. I recognize Sacco is trying to motivate a young player and that's fine with me but holy shit the double standards are incredibly hard to swallow. Bench Hejduk's Czech ass, put Mueller back in, give Duchene wing on Stastny's line in Jones' place one or two shifts a game to get some goddamn confidence back and FOR FUCK SAKE STOP PUTTING HUNWICK IN THE LINEUP WHAT THE FUCK.

We got rid of our small offensive defensemen for a reason last year and in the off season. Hunwick was and still is the worst of that collection we had. If Barrie gets sent down after EJ comes back and we still have Hunwick in the lineup I will shit bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom