• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

4 southeast teams, the rangers and leafs is all that stands in the way of the Habs getting the 3rd overall pick.

I think the Oilers have a good shot at getting past the Habs, which would guarantee no worse than third pick, and possibly first or second pick.

Yakupov in a Habs jersey.......fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sanjuro

I think the funnest part about the game yesterday was we played a solid playoff game and came out on top. Still fairly early, but I think Thomas is going to see probably a couple more games in this vein. Hopefully Turco can hold up and give him a bit of rest.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think the Oilers have a good shot at getting past the Habs, which would guarantee no worse than third pick, and possibly first or second pick.

Just posted the lottery teams and their remaining schedule for anyone who wants to compare:

As we pull into the homeSTRETCH time to see what the final games are for all our teams vying for a lottery spot. I wont' include Columbus as no way in hell they lose worst in the league. I bolded important tank games for each team:

As of today the standings:

1. Columbus
2. Edmonton
3. Montreal
4. NY Islanders
5. Minnesota
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6. Toronto
7. Carolina
8. Anaheim
9. Tampa Bay

Edmonton -- 69pts
Games remaining:

Home - Dallas, Los Angeles, Anaheim
Away - Columbus, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Vancouver

Montreal -- 71pts
Games remaining:

Home - Florida, Tampa Bay, Toronto
Away - NY Rangers, Washington, Carolina

NY Islanders -- 71pts
Games remaining:

Home - Pittsburgh, Boston, Ottawa, Winnipeg
Away - Florida, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Columbus

Minnesota -- 72pts
Games remaining:

Home - NY Rangers, Florida, Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix
Away - Washington, Chicago, Nashville

Toronto -- 75pts
Games remaining:

Home - Carolina, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Tampa Bay
Away: Buffalo, Montreal

Carolina -- 75pts
Games remaining:

Home - Winnipeg, New Jersey, Montreal
Away - Toronto, Ottawa, Florida

Anaheim -- 75pts
Games remaining:

Home - Boston, San Jose, Edmonton
Away - Phoenix, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary

Tampa Bay -- 75pts
Games remaining:

Home - Winnipeg, Washington
Away - Philadelphia, Boston, New Jersey, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg

ZeroGravity

At this point I don't really care about tanking. Doesn't seem like Tampa will end up that low anyway. Just want to see the team finish strong.

MPW

we'll end up getting forsberg, we'll win our home games :( i have a feeling habs will pull a leafs late season

Cake Boss

Banned
Good win last night, the best thing about it is it seems that the rust has worn off Anderson and back to his form, he should be rested now and hopefully steal a couple.

And oh

1331865495755_ORIGINAL.jpg

Monday should be a fun fuckin' game. Can't help but think McGinn'll have a fire under him for sure.

And yeah, Mueller was a healthy scratch because he hasn't been great lately. It's funny to me though, Mueller comes back and has a couple of good games and then a string of mediocre games. He gets scratched. Hejduk has been in just about all season long if memory serves and he has been pretty fucking terrible. He gets moved to the 4th line which in itself is ironic enough considering it's the line we put out when we want to respond to bad play of other lines. He's never scratched and even gets powerplay time. I recognize Sacco is trying to motivate a young player and that's fine with me but holy shit the double standards are incredibly hard to swallow. Bench Hejduk's Czech ass, put Mueller back in, give Duchene wing on Stastny's line in Jones' place one or two shifts a game to get some goddamn confidence back and FOR FUCK SAKE STOP PUTTING HUNWICK IN THE LINEUP WHAT THE FUCK.

We got rid of our small offensive defensemen for a reason last year and in the off season. Hunwick was and still is the worst of that collection we had. If Barrie gets sent down after EJ comes back and we still have Hunwick in the lineup I will shit bricks.

It's still bullshit, he was mostly playing Mueller on the 4th line. Mueller may not have been lighting it up but he did nothing that deserved a benching and there's definitely others on the team that deserve to sit more than Mueller. Sacco is just a dumbass.

Fei

A Minnesota win would be nice today..

Ryan Miller Post All-Star:
17-3-5
1.87 GAA
.937 SV%
5 Shutouts

If we can sneak in the playoffs, any team should be scared to play Buffalo.

hubes

17-3-5
1.87 GAA
.937 SV%
5 Shutouts

when i saw those stats i said to myself, "wow bryzgalovs been good, but can he beat those numbers post all-star?" and the answer is yes, yes he can.

14-4-3
1.64 GAA
.938 SV%
5 shutouts

both these dudes were so bad heading into the all star break, what a crazy turnaround.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I agree now my crazy friends can shut up about if this team wins and the moon is full and the habs equipment manager farts at 7:03 am we can make the playoffs.
:lol there are Hab fans who still had hopes? I gave up right after christmas, poor folks, and welcome fellow Habs fan, you're just in time for the draft lottery. If we lose the draft lottery I'll be super pissed.

th3dude

17-3-5
1.87 GAA
.937 SV%
5 Shutouts

Was just chatting with a friend about whether we (as Pens fans) prefer the Caps or Sabres.

I think I'd rather see the Caps than Ryan Miller, to be honest.

Good win last night, the best thing about it is it seems that the rust has worn off Anderson and back to his form, he should be rested now and hopefully steal a couple.
They woke up and stopped playing tentatively, hopefully they will go on a roll now, they have before this season.

Hopefully Buffalo or Washington hit a skid.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Today is the last time Florida is wearing their Jetblues. :(

They aren't particularly well liked, but I'll miss them. Always thought they looked nice even if they aren't perhaps the best fit for the Panthers. I hope whatever the next 3rd jersey is will be just as unique compared to their normal getup.

Socreges

Banned
Happy for Hodgson (3G,3A in last 3GP now? Or is it 4?) and happy for the Sabres. Really hoping they make it in and cause some trouble.

Would also like the Caps and Sens in, though, but one of the three won't make it.

Happy for Hodgson (3G,3A in last 3GP now? Or is it 4?) and happy for the Sabres. Really hoping they make it in and cause some trouble.

Would also like the Caps and Sens in, though, but one of the three won't make it.

It's 3G/3A in last 4. One was an empty netter, but yeah, nice to see him fitting in. Vanek/Hodgson/Tropp seems like a weird line, but it's working.

Alexander Sulzer is doing pretty well too. Once he got in the lineup he's done enough to keep the spot with everyone healthy. He's playing 15-20 minutes a game. Mike Weber is in the pressbox now.

Washington up 1-0 :( Come on Wild!

Razorskin

----- ------
Bettman should just buy the coyotes with his own money and keep them there for another year till he's 30 million in the hole.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Islanders are doing a nice acting job to draw penalties... are they really that desperate to continue not making the playoffs? =/

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Fucking Panthers, so fucking disappointed in them right now. Shootout losses to the Oilers and Islanders, fuck off with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom