• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There are two yahoo leagues going right now I'm pretty sure.... I got Tabris in our first round.

... say what? OH, head-to-head for the playoffs, teams taken over from the regular season or what? Mind to explain what system you're using? I'm in a small non-keeper league with my friends, but I'd be totally down to also join a GAF league next season. If I'm not totally screwed over if it's a keeper-league with like 40 people already in it...

I'm in a GAF Rotisserie league. Was my first time, didn't plan ahead with max games for my wingers. About to go into a freefall with 2 weeks left.

Would love to do a head to head keeper thing with you guys in the future.

SpacLock

Alright, let's just clinch a playoff spot tonight and concentrate on getting back to 100% (with the exception of Helm) and I think Wings-age can finally relax.

... say what? OH, head-to-head for the playoffs, teams taken over from the regular season or what? Mind to explain what system you're using? I'm in a small non-keeper league with my friends, but I'd be totally down to also join a GAF league next season. If I'm not totally screwed over if it's a keeper-league with like 40 people already in it...

Nope it's just a twelve man head-to-head league with pretty close to standard yahoo settings. Like Zod said there's a rotisserie league too, but I don't know much about it. This year we should try and organize better in the offseason. Only half the teams showed up to our live draft this year and Soc got locked out of his account.....

Smiley90

EDIT: DAMN totally looked at the wrong news stories, I'll start over:

Scouts have done their fantasy draft for this year, here are their selections:

West:

1 Columbus Blue Jackets
Nail Yakupov, RW, Sarnia (OHL)
SKINNY:
He's Russian, but he plays like a highly-skilled N. American and Igor Larionov represents him.
2 EDMONTON OILERS
Ryan Murray, D, Everett (WHL)
SKINNY:
They need a skilled, steady defenseman that can step in now, and Ryan fits the bill.
3 MONTREAL CANADIENS
Mikhail Grigorenko, C, Quebec (QMJHL)
SKINNY:
He is not from Quebec, but he plays there and is scary-good when he is on his game.
4 MINNESOTA WILD
Filip Forsberg, LW, Leksand (SWE-2)
SKINNY:
He has the high-end offensive capabilities to be a difference maker.
5 New York ISLANDERS
Mathew Dumba, D, Red Deer (WHL)

East:

1 Columbus Blue Jackets
Nail Yakupov, RW, Sarnia (OHL)
SKINNY:
The Blue Jackets can't pass on the consensus No. 1 player.
2 EDMONTON OILERS
Ryan Murray, D, Everett (WHL)
SKINNY:
It's time for them to grab a rock-solid, two-way defenseman.
3 MONTREAL CANADIENS
Mikhail Grigorenko, C, Quebec (QMJHL)
SKINNY:
Russian center with size and skill for Habs fans.
4 MINNESOTA WILD
Mathew Dumba, D, Red Deer (WHL)
SKINNY:
Intense competitor wants to make a difference every time he's on the ice.
5 New York ISLANDERS
Filip Forsberg, LW, Leksand (SWE-2)

Full Selections here: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=78957

Seems like the top5 are pretty much set in stone, with Columbus getting Neil, Montreal getting Grigorenko and Edmonton picking Murray... and then Islanders/Wild Dumba/Forsberg, at least according to the scouts..,

CCF23

I'm in a GAF Rotisserie league. Was my first time, didn't plan ahead with max games for my wingers. About to go into a freefall with 2 weeks left.

Would love to do a head to head keeper thing with you guys in the future.

I'm in fourth in that league. Not bad considering it was my first roto league. Could still move up too because I managed my games.

The issue with fantasy leagues is keeping everyone interested throughout the season. I'd say about half of the 20 teams are still actively participating. Perhaps smaller leagues are the way to go.

Smiley90

The issue with fantasy leagues is keeping everyone interested throughout the season. I'd say about half of the 20 teams are still actively participating. Perhaps smaller leagues are the way to go.

Also knowing the people who participate/having everyone care about the league by having a good rivalry going or goals. My league with friends is super active cause we all want to beat each other. Maybe for something more "anonymous" like a GAF league something like a reward for the winner is needed to keep people interested? Like a custom title or something?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck the Islanders if they get Dumba. Actually fuck the Islanders and Oilers period. Just keep racking up draft picks and doing nothing with them. I'm excited to see scouts being pretty consistent with thinking Habs can grab Grigorenko, especially if Roy comes into the organization to help him grow.

20 teams is a lot for a fantasy league depending on what the roster size is.

I've been playing in 12 team head-to-head leagues the past couple years and they've gone pretty well

Yeah i guess i will have to do that but it will result in me browsing other threads less. Has Bish or any other mod who frequents in sports-GAF commented on this?

I pretty much click on all of the categories, leave gaming and OT open, and just click the NHL thread in the community tab and leave it at that, of course now I have this thread along with the boxstrechhockey forums open as well now for my hockey discussion.

Red_Man

Looking at those scout ratings, I'm surprised how low they have Galchenyuk going, 7th and 19th overall, he's suppose to be up there in terms of skill and upside alongside Grigorenko. Weird, must be cause he has only played like 2-3 games this season.

Marvie_3

Banned
I pretty much click on all of the categories, leave gaming and OT open, and just click the NHL thread in the community tab and leave it at that, of course now I have this thread along with the boxstrechhockey forums open as well now for my hockey discussion.
i3UpWhezR4O3B.gif

I got an invite from Manics.....err, Beez this morning.

Montresor

I don't even want to go to the shitty Leaf game tomorrow. I regret buying that ticket. =\ But I spent $100 bucks on it. =|......=| Back in January when Toronto was in the playoffs.

20 teams is a lot for a fantasy league depending on what the roster size is.

I've been playing in 12 team head-to-head leagues the past couple years and they've gone pretty well

Yeah initial interest was pretty high which is why we have two GAF leagues. Perhaps head-to-head is more interesting if you can get a good rivalry going.

Cactus

Banned
Looking at those scout ratings, I'm surprised how low they have Galchenyuk going, 7th and 19th overall, he's suppose to be up there in terms of skill and upside alongside Grigorenko. Weird, must be cause he has only played like 2-3 games this season.

My guess is that his playoff performance will dictate where he gets picked. If his level of play is close to where it was at last season, hell probably be top-10.

Revenant

HFBoards takes itself too seriously. At least we all accept we're just a bunch of random jackasses.

I know I used this clip like two weeks ago but it just seems to work so well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXJ_QsquRZ8

So the Boston Bruins now have some sort of 80's sitcom parody thing going on :lol. Love or hate the Bruins I think their marketing stuff is pretty damn fun.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...430997.html;_ylt=Ak.6q9fYbA21oo2HPDxKjJF7vLYF

and...

The Playoff Death Watch courtesty of Yahoo http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...526815.html;_ylt=AliHg8lMedI4DgUiS00Yoax7vLYF

Meanwhile, in the four/five series, there's only a 10-percent chance that Chicago finishes fifth. Looks like either the Detroit Red Wings or the Nashville Predators won't survive Round 1.

SI4zw.gif

Rome out with an injury, Gragnani in tonight.

Apparently Hamhuis-Tanev is now the Canuck's new shutdown pair. Edler-Bieksa is now the new offensive d-paring.

So the Boston Bruins now have some sort of 80's sitcom parody thing going on :lol. Love or hate the Bruins I think their marketing stuff is pretty damn fun.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...430997.html;_ylt=Ak.6q9fYbA21oo2HPDxKjJF7vLYF

:lol :lol

that site they link to (http://www.sportsclubstats.com) is pretty awesome

Smiley90

Rome out with an injury, Gragnani in tonight.

Apparently Hamhuis-Tanev is now the Canuck's new shutdown pair. Edler-Bieksa is now the new offensive d-paring.

Edler-Bieksa is half a defenseman... Together. Might as well but 5 forwards out there? :p

Red_Man

From Elliot Friedman's weekly article :

30. NHL teams watching Nail Yakupov in the OHL playoffs last Friday: Toronto, Anaheim, Buffalo, Columbus. Probably more, but those were the ones I heard about.

Acid how do you think tonight'll go vs how you want it to go? I have a good feeling about McGinn, but I get the sense that the guys have lost the fire they've had since the Yotes regulation loss. Maybe OT, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a regulation loss for us.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I know I used this clip like two weeks ago but it just seems to work so well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXJ_QsquRZ8

and...

The Playoff Death Watch courtesty of Yahoo http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...526815.html;_ylt=AliHg8lMedI4DgUiS00Yoax7vLYF

SI4zw.gif

Love that bruins commercial. Once again proving 80s sitcom openings are the clearly superior openings.

Acid08

Banned
Acid how do you think tonight'll go vs how you want it to go? I have a good feeling about McGinn, but I get the sense that the guys have lost the fire they've had since the Yotes regulation loss. Maybe OT, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a regulation loss for us.
Not sure.

We finally have a win streak going and I think the boys are motivated to keep it going. Will probably be a tough game though.

McGinn and Winnik will be super motivated. I hope McGinn doesn't score honestly but I think he will. He's gonna throw some big hits and I hope we throw them back at him. Going to be interesting to see him and Couture playing against each other since they're BFF's. They were out drinking last night according to twitter :lol.

I think if the team is actually hitting a winning stride right now then there's no way the Avs win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom