• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
As annoying as it must be to watch your team get blown out by Nashville, this is kind of the result that Blackhawks fans want tonight, right? I'm sure they would've preferred a 2-1 loss or something, but still.

Razorskin

----- ------
Toronto has the least amount of playoff losses over the last 10 years.

Also, Crosby scored and noone's here to jizz all over it? I don't like this "everyoby leaves GAF to go to the other forum" thing.

Don't complain about a good thing. Less pens fans the better.

MacAttack

Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal;

That's how the rule reads.

His positioning didn't obstruct Turco at all, he could move laterally if he wanted but he didn't know he had to because he was screened.

You know that call was bullshit, don't even try.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Goddamnit. Disallow that goal, just 'cause.

I fucking hate the canucks. Is all.

Oh yeah, I was watching the playoffs from last year (Boston vs Vancouver), games 3,4,6 and finally 7.

So good.gif.

Seriously, Vancouver got fucking owned. Never gets old. Looking forward to something like that again Vancouver come this playoffs.

Besides, I can't wait to have Nashville or Chicago run your team out of town.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I fucking hate the canucks. Is all.

Oh yeah, I was watching the playoffs from last year (Boston vs Vancouver), games 3,4,6 and finally 7.

So good.gif.

Seriously, Vancouver got fucking owned. Never gets old. Looking forward to something like that again Vancouver come this playoffs.

Besides, I can't wait to have Nashville or Chicago run your team out of town.

What.... happened here? -confused look-

Smiley90

From what I assume, he's salty.

But we didn't even play today, where did that come from?!? Just randomly "I feel bad so I watch the Canucks lose and then rage about them"? feelsgoodman.jpg

EDIT: so it seems more and more like a Detroit-Nashville series in Round 1... that will be intense.

Heretic

Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal;

That's how the rule reads.
He didn't impair his ability at all. Fuck the refs. They've been horrible this whole season. Game should begin overtime right now.

Milly79

But we didn't even play today, where did that come from?!? Just randomly "I feel bad so I watch the Canucks lose and then rage about them"? feelsgoodman.jpg

EDIT: so it seems more and more like a Detroit-Nashville series in Round 1... that will be intense.

Still hoping to slide into 6th.

I didn't get to see the game tonight, so I don't know if Nashville was really that good, or Chicago took the night off.

That Ducks goal should have counted, complete blown call from the refs. Even though the player was in the crease, he did not obstruct Turco's ability to play the puck at all.

What.... happened here? -confused look-

Oh I was watching some highlights from the playoffs in the past seasons but nothing beats the Vancouver - Boston one. That's just sooooo goood.

Reason being:

1) They were the underdogs.

Lol, just hilarious how it all went downhill.

Edit: When does the off-season thread usually get created? I don't want to ruin this thread with future leafs talk so I'm just curious to when it would be up.

Smiley90

Oh I was watching some highlights from the playoffs in the past seasons but nothing beats the Vancouver - Boston one. That's just sooooo goood.

Reason being:

1) They were the underdogs.

Lol, just hilarious how it all went downhill.

Edit: When does the off-season thread usually get created? I don't want to ruin this thread with future leafs talk so I'm just curious to when it would be up.

I more meant "Besides, I can't wait to have Nashville or Chicago run your team out of town."

As in, what caused the random Vancouver-hate. We lost the Boston series prettttttty hard yeah, got brutally outplayed, but... so what. I'm quite happy with how far we got, first time to the SCP since 94 and second time in history, wasn't too bad of a run. Also finally beat Chicago and exorcised some demons there.

EDIT: also just read this:

Chara collected an errant clear by Francois Beauchemin and scored from just inside the blue line at 4:37 after Beauchemin tipped the shot past Jonas Hiller, who made his franchise-record 69th start.

Really? No Anaheim goalie has ever played more than 69 games a season and Hiller broke the record with 6 games still to go? Do you guys not have a backup or did you decide "whatever, we're no in the playoffs anyway, he can rest later"?

MPW

habs are 2nd worst in standings

now cole and max pac plz stop scoring, both hit 30, now just tank!!!

2nd pick overall would be f'n amazing!!!!!!!!!!

As in, what caused the random Vancouver-hate. ?

Sometimes, to some people, Vancouver fans come across as self-focused and silly as some Leafs fans do. And to those people, it's good to be able to engage in a bit of schadenfreude, especially when their own team is a bag of dicks.

I know I'd be heaping salt left and right if I wasn't a 12 year resident of BC. The slippery slope of Canucks affection, gah; the Sedins are still pussbags though.

Really? No Anaheim goalie has ever played more than 69 games a season and Hiller broke the record with 6 games still to go? Do you guys not have a backup or did you decide "whatever, we're no in the playoffs anyway, he can rest later"?

Dan Ellis has been injured for some time. Deslauriers is playing in backup and has won all 3 starts but has looked shaky. I'm glad Hiller played this game but I hope he doesn't play any more. He's now played more games in a season as a Duck than Guy Hebert did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom