• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, what the fuck? Just got home.

Was it the Preds looking good, missing Keith or just all the Hawks going "LOL FUCK IT I'M NOT TRYING TONIGHT" ?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
preds played hard and got some bounces. i definitely didn't feel like it was some great, dominating performance. rinne made some key stops too. score really isnt fair imo

Marvie_3

Banned
Okay, what the fuck? Just got home.

Was it the Preds looking good, missing Keith or just all the Hawks going "LOL FUCK IT I'M NOT TRYING TONIGHT" ?
I answered that 2 posts above yours.
preds played hard and got some bounces. i definitely didn't feel like it was some great, dominating performance. rinne made some key stops too. score really isnt fair imo
No, it certainly wasn't the blowout the score indicates but Nashville had the upper hand pretty much the whole game. Puck seemed to find the net several times after taking good bounces.

No, it certainly wasn't the blowout the score indicates but Nashville had the upper hand pretty much the whole game. Puck seemed to find the net several times after taking good bounces.

Ah. Didn't even see this page for some reason.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Another shutout. The Blues are ridiculous.

I just hope someone beats them before the WCF, otherwise I will fall asleep during the Canucks-St.Louis games or will at least need a lot of beer to get through them without getting frustrated.

Smiley90

:lol

You guys are making it to the second round at the most.

If we keep playing the way we're playing right now: I'm thinking first round. If we finally start playing like we actually care: I'm thinking WCF if we play STL, final if we don't play STL. We'll lose the SCF against either Pens/Boston though, I can realistically only see us maybe beating the Rangers there... if they even make it that far.

If we keep playing the way we're playing right now: I'm thinking first round. If we finally start playing like we actually care: I'm thinking WCF if we play STL, final if we don't play STL. We'll lose the SCF against either Pens/Boston though, I can realistically only see us maybe beating the Rangers there... if they even make it that far.

I can see Nashville beating you guys, and I can see the Hawks beating you guys too. And the Wings.

There are no guarantees in the playoffs. The Canucks have gone 5-0-0 against the Avalanche this season, and I'll still be nervous if we face them in the first round. Hot goalie, key injuries... regular season means nothing aside from home ice advantage once the playoffs start.

bardia

I can see Nashville beating you guys, and I can see the Hawks beating you guys too. And the Wings.

Anyone but the Avalanche can take the Canucks out in the 1st round. With that said, Hawks won't make it out of the 1st round without Captain intangibles and with their current goal tenders. I'm predicting a STL/NSH WCF.

Anyone but the Avalanche can take the Canucks out in the 1st round. With that said, Hawks won't make it out of the 1st round without Captain intangibles and with their current goal tenders. I'm predicting a STL/NSH WCF.

Toews will be back for the first round, and Crow showed he can be a solid playoff goalie last year.

Smiley90

I'm not that scared of Nashville, even if we needed a superhuman Kesler last season to beat them. Chicago will be a 7game-series that can go either way. Detroit... Will be either a short loss series or a short win series, but the way Detroit has been playing lately I like our chances.

I just really wanna play Chicago in the playoffs because I know the series will be some of the most intense hockey I'll see all season.

The goal where it deflected off of two skates and then in was ridiculous

I'm not that scared of Nashville, even if we needed a superhuman Kesler last season to beat them. Chicago will be a 7game-series that can go either way. Detroit... Will be either a short loss series or a short win series, but the way Detroit has been playing lately I like our chances.

I just really wanna play Chicago in the playoffs because I know the series will be some of the most intense hockey I'll see all season.

Tell us more of the future, great Smiley90

Marvie_3

Banned
Toews will be back for the first round, and Crow showed he can be a solid playoff goalie last year.
Yeah, but he was also a solid regular season goalie last year as well.

The goal where it deflected off of two skates and then in was ridiculous
Yeah, there wasn't much anyone could do about a couple of those goals. The others were just shit play from the 'Hawks.

Tell us more of the future, great Smiley90
Yes please. I'm sure Socreges is chomping at the bit for more of your wisdom as well.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just saw the no goal call from the Ducks-Bruins game, what a fucking joke, the refs really need to get their shit together and learn how to call goalie interference.

Smiley90

Just saw the no goal call from the Ducks-Bruins game, what a fucking joke, the refs really need to get their shit together and learn how to call goalie interference.

link to video?

and eh, just posting what I think could happen/what I hope will happen. Doesn't mean I think that's the most likely scenario, especially the way we've been playing... Not sure we'll even beat the Sharks if we get them in the first round.

Socreges

Banned
Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal;

That's how the rule reads.
I was quoting the rule because contact isnt necessary for a disallowed goal.
ijJub.gif

That's ma boy. Were you listening to NESN on the radio or something, Mac?

Ducks got absolutely robbed. But hey, they're not in the playoff race so why not!

Socreges

Banned
You're just figuring out this about sports refs now?
Watching that live, it almost looks like Turco was impeded. I can see how the refs would mess that up. I'd blame the system since goaltender interference calls aren't reviewable. Refs will fuck those calls up regularly until they get more options.

Revenant

I guess the refs were thinking that Turco couldn't properly position himself to contest the shot?

Still should have counted though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Watching that live, it almost looks like Turco was impeded. I can see how the refs would mess that up. I'd blame the system since goaltender interference calls aren't reviewable. Refs will fuck those calls up regularly until they get more options.
You mean the ref that was 15 feet to the right of the net who had a perfect angle to see there was no contact? I can see it if the refs have an obstructed view of the play but there was nothing in between him and the crease.

Socreges

Banned
You mean the ref that was 15 feet to the right of the net who had a perfect angle to see there was no contact? I can see it if the refs have an obstructed view of the play but there was nothing in between him and the crease.
They didn't say there was contact. They felt that Turco couldn't move freely to make the save because of Cogliano's position. On the replay you can see that's not the case, but watching it live I can understand why they'd think that. Problem is everyone else is watching the replay on TV or the jumbotron and freaking out* while the best the refs can do is congregate and shit out one massive, collective turd.

*except Bruins fans

Revenant

and even if the ref didn't, the replay shows you all you need to know. there needs to be some sort of check in these situations. it's inexcusable in this day and age to have that go wrong.

Marvie_3

Banned
and even if the ref didn't, the replay shows you all you need to know. there needs to be some sort of check in these situations. it's inexcusable in this day and age to have that go wrong.
I wouldn't be surprised to see goalie interference get brought up for potential changes this offseason. It is ridiculous that those plays aren't reviewable.

Trey

I don't like that call at all. The goalie clearly had a shot at saving that puck, and the Ducks player in no way impeded his right to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom