• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

You're right. Paying underachieving Connolly clone Ville Leino instead of Connolly himself is the reason why the Sabres have had such a successful season.

OK, so everyone else was right when we were defending the Leino move, and we were right when we were telling you guys the Connolly move was stupid.

I see it as a wash.

Except we might still make the playoffs, and you've already been eliminated.

SALT!

Cactus

Banned
You might have a point if Connolly was the reason why the Leafs have been terrible.

Anyway, I just have a bit of trouble understanding how dumping Connolly and replacing him with Leino has any sort of connection to the late-season success of the Sabres.

OnPoint

You might have a point if Connolly was the reason why the Leafs have been terrible.

Anyway, I just have a bit of trouble understanding how dumping Connolly and replacing him with Leino has any sort of connection to the late-season success of the Sabres.

It doesn't. You brought up Leino. Connolly was addition by subtraction. I'd have rather put Rob Ray back on skates than suited him up another year.

The late-season success the Sabres are seeing has to do with a talented-but-lazy team that finally pulled their heads out of their own asses. They've rallied together behind a goaltender who finally got over God-knows-what that was eating him and has regained his form. Plus, it seems like they've finally stopped fighting Ruff's system. You also have to wonder if Gaustad leaving helped other folks take a bigger leadership role. Oh, and the injuries cleared up some.

Kifimbo

Press conference from Patrick Roy this afternoon.

My guess: he's sick of the rumors and he'll say he'll coach the Remparts next year.

Cactus

Banned
It doesn't. You brought up Leino. Connolly was addition by subtraction. I'd have rather put Rob Ray back on skates than suited him up another year.
I only brought up Leino because he was the player who was specifically signed to replace Connolly. I guess I didn't realize the hatred that you guys had for TC, which helps me understand what you were really getting at with your original post.

The late-season success the Sabres are seeing has to do with a talented-but-lazy team that finally pulled their heads out of their own asses. They've rallied together behind a goaltender who finally got over God-knows-what that was eating him and has regained his form. Plus, it seems like they've finally stopped fighting Ruff's system. You also have to wonder if Gaustad leaving helped other folks take a bigger leadership role. Oh, and the injuries cleared up some.

That's fair. I can say the exact opposite about the Leafs.
Honestly, it's scary how closely what you posted inversely describes the Leafs this season :(

Solo

Habs ff-season will be nothing if not entertaining:

- new coach
- new GM
- Top 5 draft pick
- Price and Subban RFA
- free agents/trades

- Savard in
- Gauthier gone
- Gainey gone

I don't know how the fuck people are saying Lacroix, he stepped down from GM on his own because of his health deteriorating. He's not getting any younger. I'll eat my fucking hat if he's willing to take a GM spot again.

OnPoint

I only brought up Leino because he was the player who was specifically signed to replace Connolly. I guess I didn't realize the hatred that you guys had for TC, which helps me understand what you were really getting at with your original post.

Ahh, I see. It's not that I hate Connolly so much as I hate how much potential he has but refuses to realize. He's super lazy and doesn't seem to try. Buffalo showed a huge amount of faith and respect in him by signing him for 2 years at 9 mil and he never really repaid that.

That's fair. I can say the exact opposite about the Leafs.
Honestly, it's scary how closely what you posted inversely describes the Leafs this season :(

I never expected it would go this way. I really believed you guys had it figured out finally.

hubes

hartnell needs to get the cover so it can be something like this:

WmCexl.jpg

Gainey replaced by Serge Savard as conseiller how ever you say that in English (consultant?)

I stopped being a Habs fan in 95 because of Houle and Tremblay and shit.

I will wait and see for a season or 2 if I get back to the fold. Not sure

dem

Good to see the Flames have finally crashed and burned.

Where did Iginla go?
Not one shot on goal last night? Are you fucking kidding me?

Told you guys...

Trade him while you can. He is no savior.

Cake Boss

Banned
Gainey replaced by Serge Savard as conseiller how ever you say that in English (consultant?)

I stopped being a Habs fan in 95 because of Houle and Tremblay and shit.

I will wait and see for a season or 2 if I get back to the fold. Not sure

So what you are saying is that you are following the StLouis Blues at this moment.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Awesome to see Gainey, thank god, hopefully Savard is only around to help to find the GM and not much more. Molsons speech was really impressive, if he can translate that into action then we're in business, he couldn't have made a better speech imo.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol :lol Bozak as a nominee? Jesus christ. Would have preferred Price over Plekanec but w/e Subban will get all the Hab votes anyways.

Honestly though it should be Giroux, or maybe Karlsson.

Revenant

Steve Montador comes back from a concussion, half a game and now out indefinitely with a concussion...

hopefully no other D men gets injured, or chooses to injure someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom