• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenant

Too bad Toews is close to coming back.

yup hopefully next week, but unless they absolutely need him they could rest him the rest of the season, ease him in the last couple games.

Just sucks to see montador play a small amount of minutes and get unlucky by getting caught by someones upper arm as he fell down. Just really unfortunate stuff, bet its a crappy feeling for him.

Milly79

yup hopefully next week, but unless they absolutely need him they could rest him the rest of the season, ease him in the last couple games.

Just sucks to see montador play a small amount of minutes and get unlucky by getting caught by someones upper arm as he fell down. Just really unfortunate stuff, bet its a crappy feeling for him.

Too bad all Chicago isn't out.
Except Frolik. He's good. Oh and Brunette and O'Don

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
There are 2 players for every team

Somehow Bozak made it for the Leafs, Stajan for the Flames lol...........and no Crosby :eek:
Yeah, EA won't put past cover athletes on the list or players that were recently on 2K's game (Ovy, Kesler, Nash), but Eric Staal and Spezza being on the list is kinda weird since the were both 08 cover guys. Crosby won't be on a game cover until he's like 30. He costs too much to be a cover athlete right now.

It's too bad I'm likely terrible at NHL 12 online. I've only ever really played those games in Be A Pro. No responsibility that way, and I can always blame the AI when shit goes wrong. Maybe I'll check out online in 13.

rellix

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I mean, it's the Panthers. I'd let their fans be a little excited at least.

I mean, they honestly have to be going down as one of the worst division leaders in recent history. They're purely a product of the loser point.

Socreges

Banned
oh god this really is NBA-gafs fault, isn't it?
I posted this in their thread last night:

vxWfx.jpg

So what you are saying is that you are following the StLouis Blues at this moment.

I am a Flyers fan in Montreal who was a big Hextall fan during the Oilers Stanley Cup (seeing Hexy whack the Oilers in the legs with his stick made me chuckle everytime) runs; I became an even bigger Flyers fan when Houle, Tremblay screwed up the Canadiens in 1995 and ruined the Habs for 18 years straight.

The Gauthier firing is good news for Montreal (washing away the Senators left overs from the Habs management)

I mean, they honestly have to be going down as one of the worst division leaders in recent history. They're purely a product of the loser point.
I'm totally gonna rewrite what i wrote a couple of pages ago.

So what? It just means that the teams they are competing against has gotten more points out of stupid gimmicks like 4 vs 4 hockey and shootouts. Gimmicks that won't be there in the playoffs. If there is one point that shouldn't count it is the shootout and overtime wins.

rellix

I'm totally gonna rewrite what i wrote a couple of pages ago.

So what? It just means that the teams they are competing against has gotten more points out of stupid gimmicks like 4 vs 4 hockey and shootouts. Gimmicks that won't be there in the playoffs. If there is one point that shouldn't count it is the shootout and overtime wins.

I'm going to go ahead and link this again:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20112012&sort=regulationPlusOvertimeWins&type=CON

This is the only column that can remotely translate the regular season game to the postseason. Florida is down there with Winnipeg and Carolina, hell, barely above Toronto.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol

so are we finally in a permanent spot? why did we make the GAF gods so angry? Do we need to sacrifice a virgin to appease the mighty Evilore?

if so, Tabris, it is time to make us proud for once.
I read the bolded and was going to make a Tabris joke, and then read the rest of your comment. Fuck you Rev.

Marvie_3

Banned
Press conference from Patrick Roy this afternoon.

My guess: he's sick of the rumors and he'll say he'll coach the Remparts Nordiques next year.
Fixed.
I can understand Rinne and no Suter/Weber, but Legwand will be lucky to get 1 vote.
I voted for Legwand.
I voted for all the goalies.
That's most likely what they're doing. He's been skating for awhile now so he's not too far off.

Marvie_3

Banned
Haha, no that we needed confirmation, but Henrik and Daniel are 1st and 3rd in the NHL in hooking minors this season, with 12 and 9. 2nd is Buffalo's Roy.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/minor-penalties/sort/hookingPenalties
I'm shocked Patrick Kane isn't near the top of that list. Hooking is the only penalty I ever see him take.
:lol

so are we finally in a permanent spot? why did we make the GAF gods so angry? Do we need to sacrifice a virgin to appease the mighty Evilore?

if so, Tabris, it is time to make us proud for once.
Tabris isn't a virgin if you count his twin Sedin blow up love dolls.

I'm going to go ahead and link this again:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20112012&sort=regulationPlusOvertimeWins&type=CON

This is the only column that can remotely translate the regular season game to the postseason. Florida is down there with Winnipeg and Carolina, hell, barely above Toronto.
I can't even make a standing myself, but why would adding wins in 4v4 hockey translate better than just looking at actual 5 vs 5 wins, you know how it works in the playoffs. The most fitting way to look at it would be:
2 points for a regulation win and 1 point for taking it to OT(since what happens after that is stupid) and getting the chance to win the game.

Revenant

Oh good Frolik is playing tonight, I was nervous we'd put in a player with some balls like Hayes in the lineup when facing the Blues.

EDIT: a win tonight vs the Blues:)lol yea that's happening) and a yotes regulation loss would clinch a playoff spot it looks like.

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh good Frolik is playing tonight, I was nervous we'd put in a player with some balls like Hayes in the lineup when facing the Blues.

EDIT: a win tonight vs the Blues:)lol yea that's happening) and a yotes regulation loss would clinch a playoff spot it looks like.

Yeah there's no way we're beating the Blues tonight.

Marvie_3

Banned
I expect to the hawks to get beat on the scoreboard and in the physical game and badly.

Can't wait to see Sean O'donnell explode into dust the first time he gets checked tonight.

He's already dust. It's just a matter of time until the glue holding it all together fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom