• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Some guy called into TSN 990 and said Gauthier was racist towards french Canadiens :lol :lol

I seriously couldn't find this thread. I was like where the hell is it.

So who is veryone cheering for? This questions is to those fans of teams that did not make the playoffs (leafs, canadians etc...)

I'm going to root for Pittsburgh or Buffalo! :)

+ Whichever team faces Vancouver.

Lets get the train rolling!

Out of curiosity, what does Leafs-GAF think about trading for Schneider, and what would they be willing to send the other way for him.

2nd rounder + Kadri or Schenn or someone else.

OnPoint

I seriously couldn't find this thread. I was like where the hell is it.

So who is veryone cheering for? This questions is to those fans of teams that did not make the playoffs (leafs, canadians etc...)

I'm going to root for Pittsburgh or Buffalo! :)

+ Whichever team faces Vancouver.

Lets get the train rolling!

2nd rounder + Kadri or Schenn or someone else.

We'd love to have you on-board the Buffalo express should we get in

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The magic number for the Panthers is three. Any combination of Panthers wins and Capitals losses that total three, and the drought is over.

Who's going to have the longest playoff drought once the Panthers end theirs?

Socreges

Banned
We better be extra nice to bish, then...
Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Lets turn it around, what do you wan't to get for him? Do you think that is plausible or do you rather keep him?
Jake Gardiner/Carter Ashton would be a nice start. Their team might suck, but they have a nice prospect pool. Just have to pick one that hasn't been ruined by shit development aka Kadri/Schenn.

Socreges

Banned
I would straight up take Gardiner for Schneider, because having him on the team would immediately make us top pick for Schultz.
Then we'd have a glut of offensive defensemen, though. I think Schultz will sign with the Oilers. Would be great if he chose the Canucks, but I don't think we can guarantee him the ice time like Edmonton can.

CCF23

Apparently they were good friends and Schultz was very upset when the Ducks traded Gardiner, leading to the current fallout (Schultz wanted to play with Gardiner).

Hmmmmmmm...That would be pretty sweet, then. Having all of Tanev, Gardiner, and Schultz in the system would make our D core pretty deep long term.

Then we'd have a glut of offensive defensemen, though. I think Schultz will sign with the Oilers. Would be great if he chose the Canucks, but I don't think we can guarantee him the ice time like Edmonton can.
He'd be forced to play with a very shitty D-Corps though, at least on the Canucks, he's got the possibility of being paired with more competent defenders.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Out of curiosity, what does Leafs-GAF think about trading for Schneider, and what would they be willing to send the other way for him.

Assuming serious and not troll/joke post

2nd, Schenn + something else. Even then that would be pushing it for a goalie from a good team that can score itself out of trouble and who has yet to play a full season. With Loluongo signed as long as he is though, I would think Schneider would prefer to go to a team where he's 'the man'. Lots of teams out there looking for a potential #1.

CCF23

Assuming serious and not troll/joke post

2nd, Schenn + something else. Even then that would be pushing it for a goalie from a good team that can score itself out of trouble and who has yet to play a full season. With Loluongo signed as long as he is though, I would think Schneider would prefer to go to a team where he's 'the man'. Lots of teams out there looking for a potential #1.

You're not getting Schneider for that package and you're DREAMING if you think he wouldn't immediately be "the man" in Toronto. I assume you don't see many Canucks games, but Schneider is the real deal. The majority of his wins this season have been him stealing games for his team, not his team "scoring itself out of trouble".

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You're not getting Schneider for that package and you're DREAMING if you think he wouldn't immediately be "the man" in Toronto. I assume you don't see many Canucks games, but Schneider is the real deal. The majority of his wins this season have been him stealing games for his team, not his team "scoring itself out of trouble".

It's a moot point to discuss regardless. I don't think he'll end up here and I don't think he is so good that he'd save us because if he was, he'd be a #1 in Vancouver right now.

The few Canucks games I have watched, Luongo has been in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom