• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So Ken Holland thinks it should be 10 years before a general manager is judged.

Thoughts?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...more-patience-from-leafs-fans/article2384159/

leafs prospects are the best i have ever seen them

our NHL roster isn't doing shit, sure. But instead of having 2 NHL worthy prospects make the NHL from JFJ era (Kulemin and... ummm... ummm... i'm sure there's another somewhere!)

Gauthier is terrible though - he makes panic moves which make no sense... He wasn't building a hockey team, he was reacting to everyone else

We realistically need our prospects to turn into NHL players in order to not have to rely on trades and free agency - those are complimentary.

we are truly on the right path imo and the stupid leafs fans really have to lay off burke

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He'd probably be one of few GMs that could come in there and the media or fans wouldn't be bitching about him not being able to speak french.
Pretty much, the only GM's that don't speak french that would be acceptable to work in Montreal are all taken unfortunately. Stupid they have to speak french in the first place but w/e.

Looking at the Schneider comments from Nucks fans. He has those stats playing backup minutes. Like I said. He's fine. Solid goaltender. But saying he's a 10 year future All-Star IS absurd. I never said he wasn't good. I said you're all overrating him. There's a reason the two Blues goalies can both put up such absurd numbers. They're splitting minutes and are both indeed good. However, the bottom line is the descriptions you're giving Schneider are hyperbole. That's it.

Cake Boss

Banned
I think Ottawa broke Pittsburgh.

images

Cake Boss

Banned
Looking at the Schneider comments from Nucks fans. He has those stats playing backup minutes. Like I said. He's fine. Solid goaltender. But saying he's a 10 year future All-Star IS absurd. I never said he wasn't good. I said you're all overrating him. There's a reason the two Blues goalies can both put up such absurd numbers. They're splitting minutes and are both indeed good. However, the bottom line is the descriptions you're giving Schneider are hyperbole. That's it.

The two Blues goalies are having good seasons are because they are playing behind a Ken Hitchock system where that system makes goalies like Mason and Leclaire look like All Stars.
How many times have I seen Elliot or Halak get shutouts on only 13 shots faced against them this season.

The two Blues goalies are having good seasons are because they are playing behind a Ken Hitchock system where that system makes goalies like Mason and Leclaire look like All Stars.
How many times have I seen Elliot or Halak get shutouts on only 13 shots faced against them this season.

Also true, but it's not like Schneider is playing behind a crappy D-corps. Playing backup minutes on a good team does not a "All-Star" goalie make. He's a solid goaltender. Starter on most teams. That's all I'll give him for now.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Sorry I'm late, gents.

What have I missed? How many goaltender interference/relentless consecutive PP/offsides goals are we down? And why the fuck is Halak in net?

Considering how you're not calling him a prospect anymore, I'll take it!

I call A LOT of people prospects. I just use a broader definition. I probably would still consider him a "prospect" in the sense that he's the type of young player that you sign speculatively. Whoever signs Schneider isn't getting any kind of sure bet.

Curufinwe

The reason being Ken Hitchcock is the best coach in the NHL?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sorry I'm late, gents.

What have I missed? How many goaltender interference/relentless consecutive PP/offsides goals are we down? And why the fuck is Halak in net?

Trust me, you WANT the hawks on the pp against you. Guaranteed shotless 2 minutes.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh ye gods...I can't pin this on the goaltending.

LEAFS TANK BATTLE CONSPIRACY!

I'm telling you Kave_Man! I expect to see you in a Yakupov/Forsberg/Grigorenko jersey at the next meet up!

Yeah, you should probably wait a year or two before starting back on your Hitchock sucks routine.

I'll modify it to sucked while in Philly. See my above post. When your 5on5 stats are good and your Special teams are bad and you're making earlier than expected playoff exits you have a pretty clear indicator of poor coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom