• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
I know Phaneuf was left on his own there (who the hell was it that took off to the bench?), but that was a pretty horrible attempt at handling a 2-on-1.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hockeyinsider guy on twitter just said Molson is interested in Guy Lafleur as GM as a possibility lol....

Montresor

I know Phaneuf was left on his own there (who the hell was it that took off to the bench?), but that was a pretty horrible attempt at handling a 2-on-1.

I would have liked to see him sprawl to prevent the pass but that would only work if the goalie and player are in sync. Rynnas is a shiny rookie, dunno if he would be cheating towards the shooter had Phaneuf gone down. Also, regarding the bolded... It's a two-on-one with two skilled players. Im not gonna rag on Phaneuf for that.

CCF23

Schneider's stats aren't THAT good. He's also never played starter's load of games.

The confidence you guys have in him around here is borderline absurd. He's fine. That's about it.

College hockey:

Rookie year - 1.90GAA .916SV%
Sophomore year - 2.03GAA .930SV%
Third year - 2.15GAA .925SV%

AHL:

Rookie year - 2.28GAA .916SV%
Sophomore year - 2.04GAA .928SV%
Third year - 2.51GAA .919SV%

NHL:

Rookie year - 2.23GAA .929SV%
Sophomore year - 1.97GAA .937SV%

What the fuck are you talking about?

College hockey:

Rookie year - 1.90GAA .916SV%
Sophomore year - 2.03GAA .930SV%
Third year - 2.15GAA .925SV%

AHL:

Rookie year - 2.28GAA .916SV%
Sophomore year - 2.04GAA .928SV%
Third year - 2.51GAA .919SV%

NHL:

Rookie year - 2.23GAA .929SV%
Sophomore year - 1.97GAA .937SV%

What the fuck are you talking about?

Damn, he fucking sucks. You're so delusional! :lol

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
We better be extra nice to bish, then...

pTo3G.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I feel like McQuaid will have a relatively short career, as much of a bummer as it is to think that way. He just has this combination of bad luck plus the propensity to try and make big/dumb plays that he just ends up hurting himself on.

C Jones

He really doesn't get any luck does he?

Yeah really, it's ridiculous. He was bleeding quite a bit but all things considered he looked ok leaving the ice, so that's a good sign.

Pens better turn this around quick or else I'm with purg3 in damaging something tonight.

Montresor

God I hate Hartnell. The guy seems like such a dumbass scumbag. I'm sick of this stupid beef between him and Phaneuf. It seems to have been manufactured out of the dumb comment towards Phaneuf at the all-star game. SMH.

Stet

Banned
God I hate Hartnell. The guy seems like such a dumbass scumbag. I'm sick of this stupid beef between him and Phaneuf. It seems to have manufactured out of the dumb comment towards Phaneuf at the all-star game. SMH.

Would help if Flyers fans didn't grab on to "SUCK IT PHANEUF" as if it was something unique or clever.

MacAttack

This is pretty entertaining for a 0-0 game

edit: haha that fucking guy in the blue polo

Never knew they had a huge red couch in the first row against the boards.

Bruins have gotten the best chances, so that always makes the game more fun. Just need to bury one.

Montresor

Lol... I'm gonna play some Gears 3. Fuck this shit.

Like I said, silver lining boys. We are going to fuck Montreal and win the lottery, knock on wood.

Edit: Attaboy Brown. FUCK Hartnell.

Merguson

Banned
So Ken Holland thinks it should be 10 years before a general manager is judged.

Thoughts?

Actually, Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland, who most of you will agree knows a thing or two about winning a Stanley Cup, believes it should be 10 years before a GM should be judged.

His argument is that’s how long it takes to change the culture of an organization after you take over. General managers cannot simply show up, declare the incumbents are louts and buffoons, sack them all and bring in new players. Theoretically, I suppose he could if the owner is willing to pay off all the contracts but the salary cap and the National Hockey League Players’ Association suggest otherwise.

The other problem for a new GM, Holland points out, is that the first player you draft with that supposed high pick from taking over a failed team will not be ready to make a meaningful contribution to your team for four years. And the smart picks you make in the second and third rounds of the entry draft will take even longer.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...more-patience-from-leafs-fans/article2384159/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom