• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

That kind of collapse speaks to the coach losing the dressing room.
A team that was in a playoff spot stops playing because they want the coach fired? Do you really think they gave up? If that's the case, then they didn't give up on their coach they gave up on themselves, and that's a serious problem with the players on that team and not the coach's fault. I'd like to hear one player say that Wilson lost the room and the team game up their playoff spot because of him.

At some point fans and Burke are going to have to admit that the Leaf roster just isn't good enough. The TSN know-it-alls said it best. Wilson looked defeated and frustrated. He's tried everything possible and just doesn't have the guns to get the job done. What does the coach have to do to get a save?

Wilson is the scapegoat. Nothing more.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Pure speculation but looks MCL-ish :0
After seeing the additional replay, it does look like it's something with that leg or maybe groin. What a fucking bummer. Hopefully it's not serious, but it didn't look good.

I think the Leafs are going to lose this one tonight. Less than 24 hours isn't enough time to do much of anything for a new coach (I don't think).

Socreges

Banned
I think the Leafs are going to lose this one tonight. Less than 24 hours isn't enough time to do much of anything for a new coach (I don't think).

The psychological boost can be enough to override any little kinks. Guys will play with more confidence tonight, guaranteed. That first goal will be huge.

4-2 Leafs

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Well that was just a bad afternoon. Rask goes down, double-minor on Marchand not called (though not really surprising), blown icing leads to the game-winner. Ugh.

Sabres/Canucks reunion tonight!

Sulzer gonna be making his Sabres debut, paired up with Ehrhoff. And the Sabres are considering dressing Marcus Foligno, I guess to "match" Kassian.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks need to beat the Blues tonight to restore my faith in them as a team. No way we're getting swept by that boring trap bullshit.

Brian Burke is awesome. I really do love watching his media stuff. I never feel like he's hiding the ball like Holmgren. Holmgren says something and my first assumption is to figure out the lie. Burke is so up front about his motivations. It's impressive. You may disagree with him, but you can't argue he isn't working his ass off or bullshitting you.

Beez

Banned
The psychological boost can be enough to override any little kinks. Guys will play with more confidence tonight, guaranteed. That first goal will be huge.

4-2 Leafs

I hope you're right! Will be great to see a win against the dreaded Habs! I like how confident you sound I wish more Leafs fans were like you.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gotta say one thing.

This : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bs1Td21cDU

From 10 minutes on, when Burke talks? Add up all the minutes that Gauthier ever talked in Montreal, and you'll never get all the info that Burke dished out there.

I hate our GM.
I wouldn't have a problem with this if it didn't include him lying about Markov type situations, and if he didn't make some of the awful moves he's made. Tonight is a win-win, if hte Habs lose we're closer to Grigorenko, if we win it's against the leafs which is always a good time.

I also had a dream that Montreal traded Eller back to St Louis last night :(

Please make *some* attempt to read the conversation we've all been having before posting your $0.02 next time.

I don't see enough closeted homoeroticism in Beez's or cube's posts yet to indicate either one is a Manics/Penis alt.

Beez, don't be lulled into a position of vulnerability by the soft, sage sayings of Socreges. He's a pit viper
he's a Canucks fan.

I'd be surprised if Wilson isn't with the Leafs in some form unless he gets a coaching offer from some other team. I doubt Burke just let him go.

I think he's just been relieved of coaching duties and is still under contract through next year. Carlyle was in the same position with the Ducks.

Anaheim's given us Giguere, Lupul, Gardiner and now our head coach. What's next on the conveyor belt, Dastardly?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Injuries

MONTREAL
Andrei Markov Knee - IR
Brian Gionta Biceps - IR - Out indefinitely
Mike Blunden Knee - IR
Travis Moen Upper Body - IR
Mathieu Darche Upper Body - Questionable for this game
Scott Gomez Eye - Out for this game
Aaron Palushaj Eye - Out for this game
Raphael Diaz Lower body - Out for this game