• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
5 team parlay tonight - $10
Leafs

NS7sz.jpg

Injuries

MONTREAL
Andrei Markov Knee - IR
Brian Gionta Biceps - IR - Out indefinitely
Mike Blunden Knee - IR
Travis Moen Upper Body - IR
Mathieu Darche Upper Body - Questionable for this game
Scott Gomez Eye - Out for this game
Aaron Palushaj Eye - Out for this game
Raphael Diaz Lower body - Out for this game

TORONTO
None

:lol awesome.
4-0 Habs then?

UberTag

Well that was just a bad afternoon. Rask goes down, double-minor on Marchand not called (though not really surprising), blown icing leads to the game-winner. Ugh.
Not what we needed heading into tomorrow's big matchup against the Rangers. The Isles are the kind of team you have to be able to defend home ice against.

It's not that losing Rask is a deathblow or anything but I felt having Thomas fresh for the playoffs last year was highly beneficial and it seems unlikely that will be the case for this year's Cup defense.

Quick

Banned
LOL Ron MacLean pushing an Ontario agenda on Burke.

Question for Jets fans: which team were you a fan of prior to the Jets' return?

I don't understand why people think Hodgson asked for a trade. Why would he when he had a chance to win the cup this year? If he wanted to be closer to his family or something he could have done it in the offseason.

Pure speculation but looks MCL-ish :0

Agreed. Looked like a whole lot of weight being put on the medial side of the knee with no way to counter it. He looks like he got caught leaning far-side which is probably why his leg position ended up awkward.

This injury will go down as the point where the goalies of today lost the ability to make an old-school kick save without hurting themselves.

Quick

Banned
What was MacLean saying?

I don't remember it word-for-word anymore, but he commented on how there are no Ontario-born players and was saying how having Ontario-born players would make the line-up better/energize the line-up, or something like that. Burke said he doesn't look at players' passports and fans don't care. MacLean continues to push it to him, Burke tells him the same thing again.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I return.

There was pretty much zero coverage of any hockey what so ever in Chicago so I just found out today when I got back to Toronto...

Palance1.gif

I have a few pics from the Chicago/Toronto game on Wednesday too.

Curufinwe

My wife got coupons in the mail today from Build-A-Bear, and now I finally know who that is in Spire's avatar since there was a picture of her and the name
Victoria Justice
underneath. I put the name in tags for those who don't want the mystery spoiled.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I don't remember it word-for-word anymore, but he commented on how there are no Ontario-born players and was saying how having Ontario-born players would make the line-up better/energize the line-up, or something like that. Burke said he doesn't look at players' passports and fans don't care. MacLean continues to push it to him, Burke tells him the same thing again.
Didn't Ron only bring that up after Burke said that when other teams come to visit and have Ontario born players that their families/friends are in the crowd and make them play better? So Ron just put it back on Burke asking why the Leafs didn't have more of those guys to get them rev'd up.

Didn't Ron only bring that up after Burke said that when other teams come to visit and have Ontario born players that their families/friends are in the crowd and make them play better? So Ron just put it back on Burke asking why the Leafs didn't have more of those guys to get them rev'd up.

Tavares and Stamkos will be part of the 2017 Stanley Cup winning Leafs team.

cube444

We need Carey to stand tall for us because the new Leaf coach will have them flying. I hope I am wrong but I think we will go down 2-0 very early in this game.

Go Habs!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Welcome back, Kave Man. Sticking around for the game?

Of course, all I wanna do is watch hockey and sit on the couch now.

Also didn't say it then but Chicago fans seemed pretty classy on Wednesday night. I wasn't getting chirped other then one drunken idiot who everyone found pretty annoying.

Acid08

Banned
LMAO TMac

"Asked what’s bothering him the most as he deals with concussion symptoms, McLellan replied: “Not winning very many games.”"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom