• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gustavsson is about the shittiest Leafs goalie I've seen this side of the lockout.

edit: Ok, can someone start up the off-season thread now?

C Jones

good game leafs-age

like the way we are playing right now. when one guy cools off another guy steps up. if we can just get letang and/or crosby back we will be a serious problem come playoff time.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Thiessen didn't look confident and was kinda shaky during the first two periods (although neither of the goals he let in were that egregious) but really shined in the third and became a factor. If he can play like that consistently, I'd be happy. Fleury really needs some rest before the playoffs.

Anyway, 7 in a row. If we can beat Florida on Friday and then get Sid back for Boston, that'd be amazing. We are really primed for a good playoff run.

good game leafs-age

like the way we are playing right now. when one guy cools off another guy steps up. if we can just get letang and/or crosby back we will be a serious problem come playoff time.

Yeah, the Malkin line has cooled over the past couple weeks (still good for at least a goal a game, usually) but all of our other lines have stepped up in a big way.

Who cares?

The Saputos?

Spire, Theissen didn't look bad out there, however he certainly didn't shine. The Leafs almost tied the game; were it not for Tim Connolly's beautiful kick-save on Bozak you'd probably be maligning his save percentage.

Is he a better goalie than Gustavsson thought (the real question)? Absolutely.

Toskala was bad, but was he as bad as Gustavsson? I'm not sure he was.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"Leafs have 5 points over their last 14 games. It's their worst 14 game span since Jan/Feb 1997."

Brutal. I imagine the Habs are in the same position.

So this is what it feels like to be disappointed by the Leafs. How do you guys deal with this on such a regular basis?

Dude, I know you might not like me on here but I had to quote you on this.

Trust me, it sucks. I watch most of their games when I can, no matter how painful they are but I'm starting to not care as much. It's so dissapointing. I can feel it, the race to 9th continues. So we didn't tank but we don't make the playoffs either. Terrible.

It's just a veery hollow feeling, like there's no excitement from the fans or the city. It's just an empty feeling.

But I think Randy Carlyle is a great coach from what I've seen. Burke, please do something about this team. Seriously. The coaching has already been change but we need to get the right pieces to make the leafs a competing team.

We've only won 2 games in our last 14-15 games I think? Am I right? That is just a brutal stretch. I mean, come on.

being a fan of toronto sports team = fml :D

Aren't you suppose to be worried about Gomez's contract and the habs tanking? They are not making the playoffs too chump.

Red_Man

Aren't you suppose to be worried about Gomez's contract and the habs tanking? They are not making the playoffs too chump.
We've known that since January and relaxed while watching the leafs blow their best chance at the playoffs in years while we will finally get the #1 Center we've need for decades while watching Gomez's last games in a Habs uniform :D

3N16MA

Banned
Rangers are the best team in terms of points in the east but the Pens have been the best team in the east for almost the past 2 months. 19-4-1 in that span and all of it with the best player in the game out of the lineup.

Wut? No, they're getting some guaranteed superstar in the draft that will single-handedly turn next season into a success. Not only will he score goals, he'll also take on GM duties.

Cactus

Banned
Toskala was bad, but was he as bad as Gustavsson? I'm not sure he was.

Gustavsson has been bad, but Vesa was much worse. He put up a 2.74 / .904 in his first (and best) season as a Leaf, which is comparable to Gustavsson's 2011/2012 numbers.

Toskala followed that with

3.26 / 0.891

...and then

3.66 / 0.874 (!)

Merguson

Banned
It's entirely possible for the Leafs to slot 5th overall and therefore be in lottery position for the 1st overall in the NHL 2012 Entry Draft by the end of Saturday. What a drop indeed. I've never seen anything like it.

Swance

Neo Member
Ilya Kovalchuk
Dwayne Rolson
Nicklas Lidstrom
Jarome Iginla
Zdeno Chara
Daniel Alfredsson
Martin Brodeur

Seven random players that have been in the league before 2004. Don't know why he would believe a stat like that.

Only 6 active NHLers have played for the Leafs in the playoffs:

Stajan
Kaberle
Ponikarovsky
Antropov
Sullivan
Mair

Had a friend of mine explode earlier today about how Minnesota is 'the place to be' for sports fans. He even brought up their WNBA team winning a championship or some such shit. Such insecurity after that 7-1 loss.

Red_Man

@GMScottHowson was in quebec city tonight watching Mikhail Grigorenko. Craig Patrick was there as well. #2012nhldraft

If Jackets went for Grigs over Yakupov and Habs snatched up Yakupov I would probably die.

Quick

Banned
@GMScottHowson was in quebec city tonight watching Mikhail Grigorenko. Craig Patrick was there as well. #2012nhldraft

If Jackets went for Grigs over Yakupov and Habs snatched up Yakupov I would probably die.

Get ready for the Blue Jackets to air a special documentary chronicling their rebuild, titled Jacket Change: Getting rid of that Nashy Jacket.

Howson's probably gonna pick Yakupov, and this is him watching for formality's sake.

Marvie_3

Banned
Had a friend of mine explode earlier today about how Minnesota is 'the place to be' for sports fans. He even brought up their WNBA team winning a championship or some such shit. Such insecurity after that 7-1 loss.
:lol

This state is full of nothing but fairweather jackasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom