• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdrick

You should. Garon's basically done for the season. Unless Dustin Tokarski's a miracle worker, we're finished. We might end up being a good spoiler for you though; we've got two games left against Washington, two against Toronto, and one against Buffalo.

Not to mention our final game of the season is against you, here in Winnipeg. Could be more important than I expected. We have one more against the Panthers, 2 more against Washington and Carolina... The Jets are basically in control of their destiny now... play hard, win and move on. Make no effort, lose and end up with an early summer.

Man... have I ever missed NHL hockey. =)

fallout

You should. Garon's basically done for the season. Unless Dustin Tokarski's a miracle worker, we're finished. We might end up being a good spoiler for you though; we've got two games left against Washington, two against Toronto, and one against Buffalo.
Ugh. Pierre McGuire ruined this guy's name for me.

Razorskin

----- ------

McGuire ruined Tokarski for me, every time I think about him Pierre's on-air orgasm pops right into my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8_KugCmGxk

Edit: Damn I'm not the only one

Erdrick

WE'VE GOT KASSIAN NOW

Really, calling the Canucks pushovers is pretty silly. The Bruins are the toughest team in the NHL and the Canucks were riddled with injuries. We've got enough toughness that the Jets wouldn't be able to exploit any 'soft' players.

Schneider is starting. And that Luongo narrative is kinda strange given how he's been one of the most consistent goalies this season.

Sorry Soc, my confidence in Luongo was destroyed in last years playoffs. As I said though, I've not looked at his stats or play this year, so I really don't know how he has been since. If he has been better, which I guess he must have since you guys are still up there, then good. You said Schneider is starting though, so it's a moot point in that regard. I recall him playing for us here in Winnipeg on the Moose. He's a keeper.

And about the toughness aspect... again I think of that one gif. where Marchand (It was him right?) is just punching one of the Sedins over and over and over again while he does nothing like a ragdoll. I know at times it's better not to retaliate but... eh... as I said before, this is why I am looking forward to tomorrow's game. I want to see what we can do against the team that nearly won the cup last year. We've proven that we can beat the champs unlike certain other teams, and I want to see how we do up against you guys. I've got some friends in B.C. that have been eager to see a rivalry return between us. (Still should have beaten you guys in the first round so many years ago in Bure's rookie year. We had you down 3-1!)

Until tomorrow though, all this is speculation. Whether any of it will be validated will be proven soon enough.

Damn you guys and your 9pm CST start though. I have to work early the next day! =P

Stet

Banned
If you're out with Kulemin and you're the only two people in the zone with a scoring opportunity and your options are 1) shoot the puck with a low chance of success and 2) pass to Kulemin...take the shot.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Crosbys first game is supposed to be against the Bruins? :lol Worst team he could play against in his debut.

MacAttack

WE'VE GOT KASSIAN NOW

Really, calling the Canucks pushovers is pretty silly. The Bruins are the toughest team in the NHL and the Canucks were riddled with injuries. We've got enough toughness that the Jets wouldn't be able to exploit any 'soft' players.

Schneider is starting. And that Luongo narrative is kinda strange given how he's been one of the most consistent goalies this season.

Canucks played very physical in the SCF especially early on in the series. They got worn down by the end of the series and the fact that they did play into the Bruins style may have been their undoing.

Montresor

Phaneuf gets hit on the top of the helmet. Grabs his face. He did something very similar against the Canucks, too.

Disappointing, really disappointing. BUT, if he got hit on the top of his helmet, it's STILL a high sticking penalty. Also, apparently Michalek got hit on his visor and he crumpled in pain on Rosehill's high stick... no less dishonourable. Can anyone confirm, because I wasn't watching closely enough earlier in the period.

Montresor

LOL how is that not some kind of goaltender interference penalty.

Oh well, I'll take it!

edit:

Okay these goaltender interference calls are always so hard to remember. He was out of the crease and wasn't purposefully hit. Should that goal still count?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
KESSSSELLLLL!!!

19-Pop-Champagne.gif

Socreges

Banned
Canucks played very physical in the SCF especially early on in the series. They got worn down by the end of the series and the fact that they did play into the Bruins style may have been their undoing.
Canucks had already gone through three particularly physical series and Bieksa/Kesler/Henrik/etc went into the SCF with injuries. So there's that. And I don't really agree that the Canucks could have avoided responding to the Bruins' physicality all series. Hamhuis definitely could have fucking avoided using that hip check in game 1, though.

Disappointing, really disappointing. BUT, if he got hit on the top of his helmet, it's STILL a high sticking penalty. Also, apparently Michalek got hit on his visor and he crumpled in pain on Rosehill's high stick... no less dishonourable. Can anyone confirm, because I wasn't watching closely enough earlier in the period.
It's still high sticking, agreed.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I'm just salty after watching Kunitz get a goal called back last week after not even touching the goalie or being in the crease.

And typical. Dominate most of the game, get a couple bad bounces. :/

Montresor

GRABBOOO!!

I love Grabovski.

Oooh and Gustavsson keeps it a 2-0 game.

I'm just salty after watching Kunitz get a goal called back last week after not even touching the goalie or being in the crease.

And typical. Dominate most of the game, get a couple bad bounces. :/

I disagree. I distinctly remember one

Okay, well I stopped myself mid-post and looked up the box score. The Leafs were outshot 11-3 in the first period. So never mind. I was about to say I only remember one session in which the Penguins had sustained pressure but aside from that the game looked pretty even. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom