• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

cube444

So guys do you think if Crosby gets his head concussed again when he returns that he should just retire and join the TSN panel instead?

Socreges

Banned
So unlike the Habs, you're not out of Luck?
rodney-dangerfield.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I suddenly had a thought:

How lovely would it be for the Habs and Leafs to draft back to back this year? (ie. #3 and #4 picks).

Or even better they both draft a forward prospect.

Agreed. Not sure what line he's even playing on right now. Looks like they've been juggled again midgame.

Seems like they started with Vanek off the top line to see if he would be ok. Vanek/Roy/Pominville back together now. He was playing with Ennis/Foligno before, I think.

Got home to see the last 30 seconds of the Sabres game, they showed picture highlights for some reason on MSG and I see what looked like Roy laying someone out? Did this happen?

This is right down the street from me, owned and operated by Corey Perry

I hope MVPerry doesn't have any trouble pouring drinks with that currently-fucked shoulder of his.

Between missing him for this game and JUSTIN SCHULZ STILL NOT FUCKING SIGNING HIS GOD DAMN ENTRY LEVEL CONTRACT EVEN WHILE HE'S IN DENVER, I don't have much hope for this game.

At least I'll be tuning in an hour later with a cider in my hand. God knows I'll need it.

Perry out of tonight's lineup ending his 242-game streak =( stupid robida

You know what bugs me? That boarding warranted 2 minutes most definitely, but they give 5 minute penalties based on injuries or not... WE DIDN'T GET A 5 MINUTE AND MVPERRY IS INJURED.

Boudreau had all right to go off at the refs after last game.

So, Yakupov's injury......does it affect his #1 status/will he slide?

Didn't that guy that Yzerman drafted in 2010 slide after an injury? He was projected to be a #3 for a while and then he slid and Yzerman picked him up? Something like that?

Sure Yakupov has now used up one of his many Three Lives (IE: the number of concussions a player can potentially deal with while being a star player), it might reflect on his rankings if there are similar players.

Then again, he now also knows not to cut into the middle with your head down.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So, Yakupov's injury......does it affect his #1 status/will he slide?

Doubtful. He's only out for the regular season which has 3 games left, and he's still head and shoulders above the other players.

Solo

Doubtful. He's only out for the regular season which has 3 games left, and he's still head and shoulders above the other players.

Yes, but if has (pure speculation based on the hit) a concussion, regardless of talent, do you want to risk it?

Ugh, hate to see a guy like that take that kind of hit before he even turns pro.

Red_Man

Yes, but if has (pure speculation based on the hit) a concussion, regardless of talent, do you want to risk it?

Ugh, hate to see a guy like that take that kind of hit before he even turns pro.

I agree, it'll depend if he plays in the playoffs and how he does, but I have a hard time seeing teams skip on him because of it. Too much talent.

Solo

Yeah? Grigorenko would be bumped to #1.

I mean, if the Habs could land either, its a win - best player available vs biggest franchise positional need - but like I said, I do hope Yakupov doesn't have a bad concussion, because thats becoming the biggest career killer out there in the modern NHL. I mean, it was in the old days too, but they didn't know any better and kept playing with it.

A cruel twist of fate would be drafting Yakupov first overall only to see him play sporadically like Crosby.

Heretic

Leading AHL goal scorer Palmieri on the first line replacing MVPerry.
I'm interesting in seeing this Bobby-Getzlaf-Palmieri line. Ducks about MVPerry though. I think it's actually a 272-game streak =(

Koivu with game #1000 today
Getzlaf with game #500 today

MVPerry, Sbisa, and Bonino out today. Damn it...

I'm interesting in seeing this Bobby-Getzlaf-Palmieri line. Ducks about MVPerry though. I think it's actually a 272-game streak =(

Koivu with game #1000 today
Getzlaf with game #500 today

\m/

I'm pretty confident about the roster next year with leading CHL goal scorer Emerson Etem and leading AHL goal scorer Palmieri on it.

Red_Man

In this case it's doubtful because he's still by the far the best player in the draft.

Galvhenyuk might slide, he pretty much missed the entire season.

If grigorenko is taken by the time Habs pick, I hope / expect them to pick Galchenyuk. Expected to be a perennial all star center, even while missing this whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom