• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobby has been campaigning starting the second line. Who would you throw in the second line with Bobby?

Cogliano and Hagman. For this season only.

If you're referring to next year?

Ryan - Koivu - Etem (and Beleskey replacing Etem if we're taking on gritty opponents, like the Bruins)

Socreges

Banned
Apparently Hodgson asked for a trade at least twice with the Canucks, once right after the game 7 of the Cup Finals.
Man, you've really got to start including sources with this stuff instead of just throwing in "apparently".

And I wouldn't be surprised if he did ask for a trade after the playoffs, though framing it as "right after the game 7 of the Cup Finals" adds some drama. I'd be more interested in when this second request was.

Palmieri's presence is suddenly very obvious. Good forechecking from Getzlaf.

Yeah. Tapered off after his huge return but I ain't mad. I truly believe that because of him we were able to make that huge second half run. Well, him and the threat of trades.

No doubt. It's a shame because the only skill on that line is Cogliano, and he's not a real playmaker that can help Blake.

Socreges

Banned
Hodgson might just be lacking for confidence/initiative with Buffalo since he now has actual expectations facing him. He'll start scoring soon enough.

Not surprised. The fact that he refused to deny he didn't ask for trade made it pretty obvious IMO.
Quote? I'd heard nothing but the opposite.

Heretic

Palmieri's presence is suddenly very obvious. Good forechecking from Getzlaf.

No doubt. It's a shame because the only skill on that line is Cogliano, and he's not a real playmaker that can help Blake.
I want to see a little more heart from Bobby. He's a streaky player and I don't think he'll transcend until he shows more heart and grit.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Quote? I'd heard nothing but the opposite.

TSN did an interview with him a few weeks ago and made mention of the fact that he refused to deny it. It's probably on YouTube I'm to lazy to look for it now but I will later.

And there's our usual 1-goal deficit start.

Gonna really feel that lack of Sbisa tonight. That puck had plenty of time to be cleared (from what the radio is saying).

I want to see a little more heart from Bobby. He's a streaky player and I don't think he'll transcend until he shows more heart and grit.

Like most other players, he shines when he knows there's something on the line. Kind've clutch imo. Needs a carrot dangled on a stick at all times. Grit though... I don't deny that.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
SCORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Socreges

Banned
TSN did an interview with him a few weeks ago and made mention of the fact that he refused to deny it. It's probably on YouTube I'm to lazy to look for it now but I will later.
You've got it backwards. Hodgson was shocked during the TSN interview. Mike Gillis, in an interview with Team 1040, dodged the question when asked if Hodgson asked for a trade.

Hodgson's agent tweeted this:

No. I just find speculation fascinating. We didn't demand trade. Cody had a great meeting with Alain on Sat. Trade was a surprise.

Solo

Im going to bed. Fuck this shit. I'd at least better wake up tomorrow and see that the Habs lost in the shootout.

Razorskin

----- ------
Thank you Buffalo for putting the Habs back on track.

XcoD0.gif

Red_Man

You've got it backwards. Hodgson was shocked during the TSN interview. Mike Gillis, in an interview with Team 1040, dodged the question when asked if Hodgson asked for a trade.

Hodgson's agent tweeted this:
This is on his bio on thehockeynews

"Cody Hodgson wasn't willing to directly deny that he had ask the Vancouver Canucks to trade him. "

Socreges

Banned
This is on his bio on thehockeynews

"Cody Hodgson wasn't willing to directly deny that he had ask the Vancouver Canucks to trade him. "
Really?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articl...y-as-Sabres-make-rare-visit-to-Vancouver.html
Hodgson, who is still trying to figure out how to get belongings from his Vancouver apartment to Buffalo, also tried to clear up another matter that has had fans and media buzzing this week. No, he said, he did not request a trade from the Canucks.

Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis has hinted Hodgson might have asked to be dealt. Meanwhile, Hodgson's agent Ritch Winter tweeted—twice—that the 22-year-old Toronto native met last weekend with Canucks coach Alain Vigneault.

But Vigneault has denied the claim.

"I was as shocked as anybody," said Hodgson.
Also can't find his bio, hah.

Ah this is what you're referring to:

Cody Hodgson wasn't willing to directly deny that he had ask the Vancouver Canucks to trade him. "Like I told many guys beforehand, I was as shocked as anybody," Hodgson said. "But I don't want to go back. Even when I played here the whole time I never went back and thought of readdressing old issues and that kind of stuff." Speculation over whether Hodgson wanted to be traded out of Vancouver, where he wasn't getting a lot of playing time, has run rampant over the past week. Although Hodgson's answer seems to imply that he didn't ask to be traded, it probably won't do much to squash the rumor.
The Hockey News themselves can't even get their interpretations straight. Pretty funny.

Red_Man

He can't still be surprised even if he asked for it? The timing, the team, etc still probably a big surprise for him the way it happened.

Socreges

Banned
OK here it is, according to Ed Willes of The Province:

Cody Hodgson asked the Vancouver Canucks to trade him on at least two occasions, including once just after Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final.

You understand someone trying to put themselves in the most advantageous circumstances for their career but Hodgson, to that point, had played eight regular-season games and 12 playoff games with the Canucks.

The more you think about it, the more it looks like the organization did pretty well in the deal for Zack Kassian, both in what they got and what they gave up.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/M...odgson+trade/6286253/story.html#ixzz1oxTlYYVS
I'd sooner trust him than Hodgson's agent who was probably trying to protect Hodgson's image. I do believe that Hodgson was surprised, though, since he probably hadn't requested a trade for months.

[edit]

Red_Man said:
He can't still be surprised even if he asked for it? The timing, the team, etc still probably a big surprise for him the way it happened.
Where did I say he couldn't be surprised? I was pointing out out The Hockey News directly contradicts itself by writing "Hodgson ... tried to clear up another matter that has had fans and media buzzing this week. No, he said, he did not request a trade from the Canucks." Meanwhile their "wasn't willing to directly deny" was just speculation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom