• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to the game tomorrow! Hopefully we get back some players so we can put a competent nhl team out there!

If you see Lilja outside try and run him over. No one will stop you. People will likely push him in front of the car.

Hope you get to see a better game than the other night.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Once upon a time Gomez used to be worth $7.3 M
ahahahahaha I can't say that with a straight face, worthless piece of shit

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm really hoping Chicago and Phoenix meet in the first round in a 3/6 matchup. I'd probably die from happiness if the Blackhawks were the team that ended the Coyotes' existence.

Yeah he's awful and has a horrid contract.

We fucking get it.

Tell spectrefire to shut up about Mason Raymond/Cody Hodgson next!

Red_Man

True I could want them to push for 10th place and not get a great draft pick AND miss the playoffs, I mean it has worked so well for the Leafs right? Wait....

erpHg.gif

CCF23

Nah, I don't give a fuck about what fans who want their team to lose think.

Yeah! Keep winning and get 12th place so you can get a pretty good player instead of a franchise player! Yeah! When Edmonton or the Isles have Grigorenko Hab fans will really remember the drive for 12th in the Conference!

Fuck yeah!

...If you can't tell I think it's perfectly fine for fans of a near last place team to cheer for their team to lose late in a season...

Sorry Acid, but I agree with the rabble. If you can't be good at being good then at least be good at being bad (note: this doesn't apply to ANY other part of life, unless you're a super-villain or some shit). I love seeing my team win. I love the boys being happy and smiling over satisfactory results, watching their stats go up and walking away from a win with the smug satisfaction that for the next 24 hours we OWN THAT TEAM.

But I also like my team as an organisation, and I want to see them do well in the future. An occasional win is temporary happiness and very good - but seeing a superstar (or contributor) with my teams logo on his front? Even MORE satisfying.

If you can't get regular wins, get into the playoffs and get me even MORE satisfying wins... then at least give me a player next year who is going to make me, the fan, happy to see wearing a Ducks jersey.

I'm really hoping Chicago and Phoenix meet in the first round in a 3/6 matchup. I'd probably die from happiness if the Blackhawks were the team that ended the Coyotes' existence.

God, me too. I would be a Blackhawks supporter all throughout that series like I was a Red Wings supporter all for one series last year.

Red_Man

I'm reading about how coaches can motivate their team for my sport psychology class, and they use an example of a coach offering a reward at at the ice cream shop if they can accomplish whatever he asks, and it just makes me think of all the Boudrea Hagen Dazs jokes :lol

I'm reading about how coaches can motivate their team for my sport psychology class, and they use an example of a coach offering a reward at at the ice cream shop if they can accomplish whatever he asks, and it just makes me think of all the Boudrea Hagen Dazs jokes :lol

Babcock did post graduate studies in sport psychology, probably one reason why he is so successful.

Solo

God the Oilers suck. Shouldn't they be getting better by now? I don't think Montreal can catch them now, which might put us firmly out of the Yakupov/Grigs running unless we get a lucky bounce in the lottery :_(

t0mp

If you see Lilja outside try and run him over. No one will stop you. People will likely push him in front of the car.

Hope you get to see a better game than the other night.
Yeah I'll no doubt be on the lookout. I'd be a local legend..

But seriously I'll be third row behind the net the flyers shoot at twice. Keep an eye out for..a dude wearing orange.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Babcock did post graduate studies in sport psychology, probably one reason why he is so successful.

I wish he'd use that psychology to motivate the power play.

I'm looking forward to the LA Kings/Grand Rapids Griffins game tonight. The Griffins have to keep pace with the Blues.

Cake Boss

Banned
God the Oilers suck. Shouldn't they be getting better by now? I don't think Montreal can catch them now, which might put us firmly out of the Yakupov/Grigs running unless we get a lucky bounce in the lottery :_(

If you thought Martin/Cunneyworth sucked, you should see Tom Renney, one of the worst coaches in the league.

Yes, they should. I mentioned a few days ago that Edmonton's been a complete mess since their fairy-tale run in 2006. Since that wild ride, they've drafted Gagner, Eberle, Hall and Nugent-Hopkins, and yet they're still one of the worst teams in the league. It astounds me that they'll finish beneath Toronto with the amount of talent they've accumulated over the past 4-5 years.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yes, they should. I mentioned a few days ago that Edmonton's been a complete mess since their fairy-tale run in 2006. Since that wild ride, they've drafted Gagner, Eberle, Hall and Nugent-Hopkins, and yet they're still one of the worst teams in the league. It astounds me that they'll finish beneath Toronto with the amount of talent they've accumulated over the past 4-5 years.

The real problem for Edmonton is going to be in the next 2-3 years, they have a lot of their core going into RFA status around the same time. A lot of great young core talent with no defense to help them out. They will have to make some tough decisions soon.

I wish he'd use that psychology to motivate the power play.

I'm looking forward to the LA Kings/Grand Rapids Griffins game tonight. The Griffins have to keep pace with the Blues.

I really don't see how we can catch the Blues now, these injuries have pretty much put us in a standstill, I'm just hoping we can get to at least 100 points right now, which means at least 50/50 for the last 12-13 games or so. However, we should be getting players back hopefully soon.

Also regarding Edmonton, there goal is to suck for a few years in a row to acquire top 10 draft picks and what not, except forget that they don't have a defense.

Yeah, it's "Francis" the famous WoW meltdown guy. He puts on a heavy lisp and does emulated nerd rage videos. Quite a funny act. The guy himself also has some serious opinion videos and is actually quite well-spoken and levelheaded.
I started looking around at his other videos and the guy seems like a legit dude. Add that on top of a funny GIF of him flipping a table? How can you go wrong?

So does anyone else read DownGoesBrown? I really enjoy his stuff normally, though I don't ever read/listen to anything from him other than humor. Any other good hockey humor worth reading?

MacAttack

Did you guys here the big injury news today?

Danny Paille is playing tonight!

Also Turco gets the start tonight for Boston. I know the Lightning are on a three game losing streak and have some injury issues, what can we expect tonight ZeroG? Is the tank on?

Cake Boss

Banned
Did you guys here the big injury news today?

Danny Paille is playing tonight!

Also Turco gets the start tonight for Boston. I know the Lightning are on a three game losing streak and have some injury issues, what can we expect tonight ZeroG? Is the tank on?

OMG Danny Paille was the reason we were sucking these past months.

Revenant

Pierre LeBrun ‏ @Real_ESPNLeBrun Close
GMs had no interest in putting red line back in. Also rejected idea of eliminating trapazoid. But they want AHL to try out ringuette line..

Ringette line is across top of defensive zone circles. Team breaking out puck can't make two line pass without crossing ringette line 1st.
TQaS8.gif

I spent too much time on this

SrsNw.gif

I love the fact a giant JWB appears, makes it soooo good.

Perfect. :lol

Ringette? Whoever suggested that rule should be shot in their stupid face.

please be Stan Bowman please be Stan Bowman

Did you even read his comments from ESPN yesterday? Everything he says comes off as condescending. I'm surprised another GM hasn't done it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom