• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

I spent too much time on this

SrsNw.gif

RHajM.gif

can't unsee

"I don’t mean to be flippant, but I don’t know why we wouldn’t do that. It makes so much sense," Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman, who was a member of the hybrid-icing breakaway group Monday, told ESPN.com after the meeting. "What’s the down side? You still have the race for the puck, all you’re doing is taking the danger out of it. To me it seems like a no-brainer. Do it right now."

I agree with him here, but... Yeah.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/15508/gms-meetings-the-breakaway-groups

fallout

"I don’t mean to be flippant, but I don’t know why we wouldn’t do that. It makes so much sense," Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman, who was a member of the hybrid-icing breakaway group Monday, told ESPN.com after the meeting. "What’s the down side? You still have the race for the puck, all you’re doing is taking the danger out of it. To me it seems like a no-brainer. Do it right now."
Because there couldn't possibly be any issue with refs making a judgment call on that sort of thing! I agree that it's probably the best option, but to call it a no-brainer is just shortsighted.

I'm glad Crosby is playing again but I think he should've waited until next season. Teams will be playing desperate hockey trying to get in the playoffs (or secure a high seed) and I don't think he'll be ready for the high intensity of play.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Better enjoy it for the 5 games he plays.

5 more games than the Habs will see in the post-season this year.

And for those wondering, he's been playing on the third line in practice, I imagine he's going to get pretty limited minutes early on.

Here's a gif for no reason:

ibwpa5GWsJs4sI.gif

I'm glad Crosby is playing again but I think he should've waited until next season. Teams will be playing desperate hockey trying to get in the playoffs (or secure a high seed) and I don't think he'll be ready for the high intensity of play.
I don't think anyone would be surprised if he gets another concussion again. Sending him back in the middle of the pre-playoffs shitstorm is a recipe for disaster.

CCF23

If Crosby suffers another concussion any time soon he needs to put serious thought towards possibly retiring.

Pretty much. He's a very young guy and still rich enough to do what he wants in life. He needs to worry about all the years after hockey where he'd have to live with whatever long term damage he did to himself.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
News from Practice:

Mason Raymond slotted in on a line with the Sedins at practice this morning. Coach V said he "took a look at a few different lines and will discuss possibilities with Coaches this afternoon".

2x06-Afternoon-Delight-Animated-gif-Michael-What-No-no-no-no-arrested-development-7915781-300-167.gif

Well they have to change SOMETHING...

Timmonen in with JVR and Voracek tonight. Hopefully when Mez gets back we can get rid of Lilja again. I'd actually prefer the new kid Manning over him anyway, but that won't happen.

JVR,Voracek,Timmonen >>>> Crosby

Be afraid east. NewBryz2.0 has been unleashed!!!

Smiley90

Timmonen in with JVR and Voracek tonight. Hopefully when Mez gets back we can get rid of Lilja again. I'd actually prefer the new kid Manning over him anyway, but that won't happen.

JVR,Voracek,Timmonen >>>> Crosby

Be afraid east. NewBryz2.0 has been unleashed!!!

Wait, JVR is back already from his injury? Glad to hear that, he's so young still.

Acid08

Banned
I work like 100 hours a week so only by newspaper really. I don't think I'm missing much.

It does however pain me to think that we might not be enjoying another San Jose Sharks playoff collapse this season.
I'm just as upset about it as you are.

cube444

I do not think that Crosby will play in the dirty areas when he comes back because he knows that might lead to a concussion. I expect the Pens to protect him too by playing him on the point for the power play where there is less of a chance to get crunched.

rellix

I do not think that Crosby will play in the dirty areas when he comes back because he knows that might lead to a concussion. I expect the Pens to protect him too by playing him on the point for the power play where there is less of a chance to get crunched.

I give him 5-10 games before he's out again, and that's being generous.

It just occured to me... Beauch has been our best defenseman this season. Is Lupul still the best piece for the Leafs? This trade is looking more fairer day by day.

Why do the ducks suck?

So much talent in the lineup.

Apart from what Heretic said there are also defensive lapses, Hiller was inconsistent at the start, a lack of confidence and some of our games have had the usual 'bad bounces' and 'bad refs'. Overall though it was just confidence being the main issue. The Ducks are like the hottest girl in the room who won't shut up about how 'ugly' they are.

So does anyone else read DownGoesBrown? I really enjoy his stuff normally, though I don't ever read/listen to anything from him other than humor. Any other good hockey humor worth reading?

Read him religiously, he's hilarious. Pass It To Bulis is also hilarious and rational (Canucks blogger), he's like the anti-Tabris. I wish there was Ducks bloggers as hilarious as these guys.

So apparently Sean Avery is retiring... -cough- good for him! An everyone else!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=622020

After a few months of showing up to Conneticut(sp) Whalers games wearing tracksuits, I'm not surprised. He disrespected the AHL so much, when all he had to do was stick with it for a bit then get picked up by another team. Baby.

I work like 100 hours a week so only by newspaper really. I don't think I'm missing much.

It does however pain me to think that we might not be enjoying another San Jose Sharks playoff collapse this season.

God damn, man. Hope you get some time to smell the roses soon.

And yeah, you really aren't missing much this season except some Teemu highlights and some fantastic Hiller saves. Next season will be something special.

The Sharks rivalry has somewhat cooled down, after making the conference finals for the past two postseasons they've also lost the whole 'early playoff lol' stigma :(

It's all about hating on the Queens now.

Smiley90

Read him religiously, he's hilarious. Pass It To Bulis is also hilarious and rational (Canucks blogger), he's like the anti-Tabris. I wish there was Ducks bloggers as hilarious as these guys.

I second this, Pass it to Bulis is hilarious. At least every Canucks fan has to read it, both his articles and game reviews are extremely entertaining (and, in most cases, true).

Thus, all things considered, you can forgive the twins if they had a hard time Saturday night lusting for retribution on pesky ol’ P.K. Subban, for whom the highlight of his season will shutting down a slumpy Henrik in a March game that saw the Canadiens finish the night a little less last.

Socreges

Banned
Thus, all things considered, you can forgive the twins if they had a hard time Saturday night lusting for retribution on pesky ol’ P.K. Subban, for whom the highlight of his season will shutting down a slumpy Henrik in a March game that saw the Canadiens finish the night a little less last.
Ether.

Montresor

Do any Leaf fans actually give a shit about tonight's game, or any other games for the rest of the season? I'm going to watch tonight's game because hockey is entertaining, period. I love watching this sport. But the Rangers and Canes are playing on TSN2 and I'll probably be switching back and forth a lot tonight.

It feels so crappy seeing the Leafs give away their playoff spot like it was nothing... They held onto 7th/8th almost all year long and then play at a 2-14-2 clip. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom