• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

Well this full out sucks, Preds are going to be a complete pain in playoffs this year and we will most likely play them in the first round. Ugh... I just hope we actually have all of our players back and at 100% or that is going to be a quick series against us. :/

Come on, man.

The Wings series would either be: a) quick defeat - Wings, b) long series - Preds. I don't see the Preds taking you out quickly. We don't match up well at all... Wings are more athletic than the Preds and generally get the better chances while you shut down our boardplay.

And still, I'm not buying this Rudy shit until he's in a Preds uniform. I know it has picked up quite a bit compared to previous seasons, but this has happened seemingly every year near the playoffs or offseason after he left.

CCF23

More like this:

vpq1ol.jpg

Pour it on, TB, I'm lovin' it. Make these bums suffer.

breakingbad_walthole.jpg

Socreges

Banned
yankeehater,

That might be an exaggeration but they really seem to be toying with the league this year. Listening to sports talk radio in Philly everyone is freaking out because they think the Flyers need to make a big trade, but I really dont see a point. As a fan I would love for them to do something, just because it is exciting, but I dont see any scenario where the Bruins dont win.
Still think so? ;)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm watching to see Stamkos hit 50.

Alucard

Banned
The Leafs are going to be as exciting to watch as the Kings with this defensive system Carlyle wants to establish. I don't see Toronto hitting 4 goals in any game from now until the end of the season.

I'm gonna assume Staldick blew that open net because he is a dumbass, and not because his stick was tied up

edit: it was Sharp, and it was because his stick tied up. fart

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Whoa

whoa

whoaaaa

Mont, Dopey, Zombie...what the hell just happened?

The puck it went behind the goalie and into the net. What does that mean?

Wow, I can't believe the Leafs have a good shot of being in last in the East by the time this season is over, seems to happen every year, start off good/decent and just collapse.

The Leafs are going to be as exciting to watch as the Kings with this defensive system Carlyle wants to establish. I don't see Toronto hitting 4 goals in any game from now until the end of the season.

I know right, what's the point of establishing a defensive system if your D can't actually play defense?

It's the 2009-2010 Anaheim Ducks all over again.

Montresor

Carlyle isn't telling Leafs players to pass every time there's a good shooting opportunity. The players just have no confidence. And they're snake-bitten. And they're not that good to begin with.

Also, Bozak!

Socreges

Banned
Woww two very quick goals by Carolina. Who knew this would be a good game to watch?

By the way

Sens 2 points back from Boston. Boston with just one game in hand after tonight.

Just saying.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I sincerely hope this nobody in net for the Lightning shuts us out. Make it hurt, baby.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
And still, I'm not buying this Rudy shit until he's in a Preds uniform. I know it has picked up quite a bit compared to previous seasons, but this has happened seemingly every year near the playoffs or offseason after he left.
ITS DIFFERENT THIS TIME. im just worried about his knee injury

Montresor

Wow, I can't believe the Leafs have a good shot of being in last in the East by the time this season is over, seems to happen every year, start off good/decent and just collapse.

In the past two seasons (2009/2010 and 2010/2011) the Leafs did not start off well at all. In fact, the Leafs started the 2009/2010 season with an eight game losing streak, and the Leafs had another eight game losing streak early in the 2010/2011 season. The complete opposite of what you're suggesting has happened in the previous two years. The Leafs started off well this year and have collapsed though, I'll give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom