• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Preemo

Banned
does anybody know what prevents a HD image from being streamed on streaming sites?

i really want to cut my cord and buy a PC dedicated to streaming to my TV.

Parch

So anything stopping Sportsnet from showing every single Canadian game now? (Aside from the regional stuff owned by TSN of course).
Apparently yes. Regional blackouts are no long in effect for Canada.

What will happen is cable subscribers will need to pay for the other Sportsnet channels. Right now I get Sportsnet West and SN1. If I don't cough up more to get SN Pacific, Ontario, East, and 360, I will be getting less hockey.

The master plan is to get Canadians to pay for more channels.

Quick

Banned
Wow that Rogers deal is even worse than I imagined. Seems like they're basically going to kill off HNIC slowly.

Neuter is more like it. People would hate on Rogers pretty hard if they kill off HNIC.

Then again, people will still watch NHL games regardless of where it's on.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This new deal is worth 2.5 times the current deal......it's pretty big, and why Bell didn't want to pony up that much more then what they're already paying. Broadcasting doesn't mean anything to Americans, but that's a lot of cash going back to every team.

Parch

Wow that Rogers deal is even worse than I imagined. Seems like they're basically going to kill off HNIC slowly.
Right now they're patting themselves on the back for saving HNIC, even though the long term strategy is to kill them. It's more like a hostile takeover.

Welp, went ahead and picked up a 75 Flex Hall Easton SR II. I used to love my old original stealth in a Sakic blade so we'll see how this one does, also I hope I doesn't get caught in the zamboni doors and snap a month and a half after I get it like my Nexus.

Quick

Banned
Like I said, I don't think they'll kill off HNIC, just severely neuter it.

At some point, I can see them use the HNIC brand across all Rogers and CBC channels with each individual on-air crews.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Like I said, I don't think they'll kill off HNIC, just severely neuter it.

At some point, I can see them use the HNIC brand across all Rogers and CBC channels with each individual on-air crews.

Based on the article I posted that's what I think it seems they are planning to do.

HNIC will cease to exist on CBC but will live on the other Rogers channels.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So wait, RDS won't be able to broadcast the games anymore? Are you fucking kidding me? What happens to Pierre Houde?:(

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What a bunch of idiots. Short-term thinking as always, they'll just lose more broadcasts to piracy.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
does anybody know what prevents a HD image from being streamed on streaming sites?

i really want to cut my cord and buy a PC dedicated to streaming to my TV.

Hockeystreams.com

60fps, hd, all games&olympics&draft coverage for 100.- a year

Join the winning side.

Kifimbo

Anyway, my predictions for the Habs: the organization will "buy" RDS hockey team and create his own Habs TV network, like the Leafs. They'll broadcast the 60 remaining Habs games and will keep shows like Antichambre and 24CH.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Remember what I told you... registration is not open right now for that. It's on an invite setup, basically it's neogaf.

Did they change it then? I guess they might've put that in place because their servers were struggling with an influx of people...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Anyway, my predictions for the Habs: the organization will "buy" RDS hockey team and create his own Habs TV network, like the Leafs. They'll broadcast the 60 remaining Habs games and will keep shows like Antichambre and 24CH.

That would be cool, but that means RDS goes bankrupt. It's already only supported by hockey.

i don't get it, what will happen to TSN/RDS? play NHL games involving American teams?
That would be cool, but that means RDS goes bankrupt. It's already only supported by hockey.
This is true, RDS is almost only about the HABS and is like the Habs channel. Without the Habs, RDS is just mini-put, bowling, poker and billiards

Parch

RDS can still negotiate/sign a deal with the Habs for the remaining 60 games .
They can negotiate a deal with Rogers, not the Habs. Sportsnet now owns ALL the broadcast rights for ALL the Canadian teams. They'll decide how to distribute that. Previous deals with the Leafs, Jets, and Habs are apparently being honored, but there's no guarantee what will happen over the next 12 years of Roger's dominance.

It's like the deal with the CBC. Rogers will now get all revenue from that broadcast, although the CBC will not be paying broadcast rights to Rogers for that honor. If and how long that lasts is entirely up to Rogers. Sounds like they intend to eventually phase out the CBC but keep the HNIC brand. Other stations/broadcasters will have to work out their own deals if they can. I'm sure they'll figure something out to provide french broadcasts.

Rogers now owns hockey broadcasts in Canada, including games between american teams. How they decide to sub-let those rights will need to benefit them.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Not sure why Molson would care about RDS, unless the network agrees to spend a shitload of money. Habs TV might not happen next year, but in the future (in 3-5 years).

Kinda weird for the Bell Center though, I wonder if Bell will want to get rid of it. Doubt it, they probably didn't expect things to go the way they did, but Bell and Quebecor are basically enemy.

Razorskin

----- ------
Kinda weird for the Bell Center though, I wonder if Bell will want to get rid of it. Doubt it, they probably didn't expect things to go the way they did, but Bell and Quebecor are basically enemy.
What you mean get rid of the bell centre? They just have the naming rights, they don't own the place. Molson & others do.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at Detroit's 4th line tomorrow night:

Daniel Cleary - Stephen Weiss - Mikael Samuelsson

That has to be the most expensive 4th line in the league.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What you mean get rid of the bell centre? They just have the naming rights, they don't own the place. Molson & others do.

I know, that's what I meant. It's huge publicity for them, but would be weird if the broadcasts are done by TVA.

Top Bottom