• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Burke, regarding the OIympics:

Brian Burke said:
As of this week, I'd start Cam Ward

T9nKo.gif

LevelNth

Banned
There is zero chance a single Leafs game moves out of the main 7pm slot on Saturday. Like it or not, the Leafs are the Yankees of the NHL and draw massive TV interest across the entire country.

You don't spend $5.2bln on a TV deal and then keep your prized stallion in the stables.

Red_Man

There is zero chance a single Leafs game moves out of the main 7pm slot on Saturday. Like it or not, the Leafs are the Yankees of the NHL and draw massive TV interest across the entire country.

You don't spend $5.2bln on a TV deal and then keep your prized stallion in the stables.
The graphic Sportsnet showed that someone posted, showed HNIC doing Habs games, and the Leafs games moving to Sportsnet's station.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Leafs aren't moving from that slot they're just going to be on a different channel.

LevelNth

Banned
The graphic Sportsnet showed that someone posted, showed HNIC doing Habs games, and the Leafs games moving to Sportsnet's station.

Leafs aren't moving from that slot they're just going to be on a different channel.
Oh I see now, they're going to pipe HNIC through the Sportsnet channel. Basically this way then they're probably going to use Saturday night to associate Sportsnet with the Leafs...

Still think it's idiotic. You know how many people in this country tune to 6 to see the Leafs on Saturday night?

Though it is funny that Bell and Rogers co-own MLSE... but now Rogers is like, suck on this biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Red_Man

HNIC is still on CBC. Leafs will be on a Sportsnet channel with their own pre show and shit. They're starting pregames at 4 pm now like football, because everyone wants to watch Kypreos talk out of his ass for 3 hours before a game.

LevelNth

Banned
HNIC is still on CBC. Leafs will be on a Sportsnet channel with their own pre show and shit. They're starting pregames at 4 pm now like football, because everyone wants to watch Kypreos talk out of his ass for 3 hours before a game.
This sickens me. All Kyper and Healy now, aren't we lucky?

Cake Boss

Banned
One one hand its less of Dreger basically saying the Leafs are interested in every player in the league and that Nonis is working the phones, but in the other hand its more Kyperios.....hmmmmmmmm.

Red_Man

Rogers has full control of who works at HNIC and said to expect some cuts. I highly doubt Healy survives the cuts.

dem

James Mìrtle ‏@mirtle
@TSNBobMcKenzie You moving to curling beat with @RonBurgundy?

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
@mirtle No, but maybe I'll take job at The Globe in my spare time, in which case your services as resident smartass will no longer be req'd.

Ice cold, Bob McKenzie.

Red_Man

Living in America I pretty much have no concept if this broadcast thing is good or bad, but no exclusive tv rights deal is ever good so my condolences to who this fucks over.
NHL teams are going to benefit from more revenue, and the cap will go up. Besides that, it's pretty inconsequential to Americans. Just a switch up in Canadian broadcasts.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
James Mìrtle ‏@mirtle
@TSNBobMcKenzie You moving to curling beat with @RonBurgundy?

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
@mirtle No, but maybe I'll take job at The Globe in my spare time, in which case your services as resident smartass will no longer be req'd.

Ice cold, Bob McKenzie.

James Mirtle is an idiot.

Quick

Banned
Whoever they had negotiating for Bell should get fired immediately.

And I don't think Sportsnet would give up the Jays to TSN, even to split broadcasting for them.

That makes sense from Rogers perspective but I think it would hurt the overall ratings for the the night.

And the Sens get CITY at best so they better at least keep Brown and Potvin on.

Rogers, part of Canada's telecom axis of evil got exclusive broadcast rights to the nhl nationwide.

This means that TSN, which is generally considered to be a higher quality broadcast then Sportsnet or HNIC is getting cut out of the equation, plus HNIC will probably be gutted except for it's branding which is not as esteemed as it used to be.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, fuck Sportsnet. Now I have to see those stupid commercials where they talk about how great Leafs players are all the time.

Maybe they can hire the two Dave's to do their Montreal games, that would be the only positive out of this.

Also now I have to subscribe to RDS and TVA probably, fucking Rogers.

yyzjohn

Banned
Wonder who snaps up Bob McKenzie, he's easily the best hockey analyst on Canadian TV right now. Just slide him over to Sportsnet or does he end up on Hockey Night in Canada so they can punt Glenn Healy into oblivion?

Red_Man

Just another reason to start using Hockeystreams.com

Wonder who snaps up Bob McKenzie, he's easily the best hockey analyst on Canadian TV right now. Just slide him over to Sportsnet or does he end up on Hockey Night in Canada so they can punt Glenn Healy into oblivion?
His tweets make it sound like he's dedicated to sticking with TSN and helping them move forward, but obviously a lot can change quickly.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

As of now it doesn't seem like he plans to leave TSN.

yyzjohn

Banned
As of now it doesn't seem like he plans to leave TSN.

Yeah I know but he's all hockey, with no games who the hell is gonna tune in? Sure they can still have their regular shows but his intermission talks are where most people listen. Nice to be loyal and all but TSN has got nothing for him right now.

RC

Banned
Sportsnet really needs to step up thier production values in light of this deal. But considering how much it cost, they'll probably just start broadcasting from a dingy basement.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Audio is shit and Millard calling Bettman his BFF. Amateur hour.

Yup.

Currently I only get 1 CBC channel in HD, so the only positive I see so far is being able to watch all the Saturday games in HD.

Sportsnet doesn't even have a Canadiens broadcast team, so there's hope they can still hire somebody competent. We'll probably get Bob Cole with PJ Stock as his colour guy though.

I hate Darren Millard.

Yup.

Currently I only get 1 CBC channel in HD, so the only positive I see so far is being able to watch all the Saturday games in HD.

Sportsnet doesn't even have a Canadiens broadcast team, so there's hope they can still hire somebody competent. We'll probably get Bob Cole with PJ Stock as his colour guy though.

aqKYdWz.gif

yyzjohn

Banned
C'mon guys, aside from Kypreos, Millard, McLean, Watters and Stellick, sportsnet ain't so bad!

Forgot about Bob McCowan, hate that idiot.

Red_Man

They're making it sound like this deal is going to result in Subban showing up at my house to deliver my wings to me before the game.

ShaneB

So much Sportsnet hate here, yeesh. Monopolies are never fun, but I'm fine with Hockeycental able to have a wider presence.

Top Bottom