• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

I mean, the longer he waits to make a decision on surgery won't screw with how viable said surgery is, right? I fucking hope not.

edit: I'm still beside myself that Everberg is getting benched and Briere is in. Everberg being one of maybe two players who consistently put effort in to every shift. Bench Landeskog or O'Reilly for fuck sake. I do not understand Roy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Expansion is coming, it's only a matter of time. These talks with Vegas have been going on since the summer, have to think it's pretty serious at this point.

TUSR

Banned
Expansion is coming, it's only a matter of time. These talks with Vegas have been going on since the summer, have to think it's pretty serious at this point.

we already have enough unpopular american teams, why do we need to add vegas to this list?

Red_Man

Really curious as to the kind of support the NHL could get from the Vegas area before they implement a team there.

we already have enough unpopular american teams, why do we need to add vegas to this list?
Because Bettman. Realistically though, there's enough talent throughout all the various leagues to add other teams, but NHL management should first be focusing on relocating shit franchises like the Yotes / Panthers before they expand, but we know commonsense isn't one of the NHL's shining qualities.

I just want the nordiques back. Maybe Florida Panthers will finally move out of Florida?. Hey if the Jets can some back im sure the nordiques will.

So if anyone here ever gets the problem I had with Xbox one downloads being fucking slowwww change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and then go to alternate Mac address and hit clear. Makes no sense that it works but it did for me.

Red_Man

I'm playing DA:I through EA Access, and I'm really impressed. It's a ton of fun so far. I've never played a DA game before, but I'll probably pick this one up next week.

Anyone has a sock I can borrow? I need to clean up a bit...

Kesbae_zpsab2fusko.gif

Dem moves

Edmonton Oilers sue OHL team Erie Otters' Owner for Connor McDavid getting hurt before the Oilers can draft him

A $4.5 million federal lawsuit against the owner of the Erie Otters has put him in court as he tries to sell the junior league hockey team.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Erie, claims the owner, Sherry Bassin, failed to carry out a 2011 deal to sell the Otters to a subsidiary of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers, which would have moved the team to Hamilton, Ontario.

The Oilers would have paid Bassin at least $6.9 million had the deal gone through, according to court records.

The Oilers' subsidiary, Ontario Major Junior Hockey Corp., is claiming it loaned Bassin $4.2 million in advance of the sale, but that Bassin never completed his part of the deal, including getting the Ontario Hockey League's approval.

Bassin, according to the suit, failed to repay the money on his own and failed to sell the team to another group -- a sale that would have given him the capital to repay the Oilers, according to court records. The suit said the deadline for that sale was Dec. 26, 2013.

The Oilers want a judge to order Bassin's company, Bassin Hockey Inc., to repay the $4.2 million, plus $233,000 in interest and $70,000 in attorneys' fees, for a total of $4.5 million.
Almost had you guys for a second, eh?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
As expected, Dan Boyle is in tonight, so you Avs fans get to miss out on seeing Kostka's flowing locks in action.

Also, Kaberle has apparently agreed to play two games with the Wolf Pack this weekend.

Red_Man

I would sit both and recall/dress Tinordi for Boston.
Why? We beat Boston using our speed and puck movement. Tinordi has neither of those. Weaver should be sitting for Beaulieu.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tinordi packaged in a deal for a top 6 forward at this point.

Solo

Why? We beat Boston using our speed and puck movement. Tinordi has neither of those. Weaver should be sitting for Beaulieu.

Because there are always shenanigans in Boston games and since Emelin is now useless in that regard, Tinner has value in that matchup.

ZeroGravity

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Nobody is saying it, but signs right now point to Drouin possible sitting out tonight, but we'll see during warmups
Fucking come on, Cooper. Kid's done absolutely nothing to deserve this.

Red_Man

Because there are always shenanigans in Boston games and since Emelin is now useless in that regard, Tinner has value in that matchup.
Not much has happened lately and Tinordi being in the game won't deter anyone regardless. He's not nearly as physical as he needs to be which is part of the reason he was the one sent down.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey nerds - are the Leafs actually playing better or are we still just outscoring our problems?

I don't know the circumstances of the Bruins travel or who they were playing before, but they were missing Kreicji (sp) and Chara.

Still, even without the goals from our 1st line, we still would've won. It's probably the most dominate I've seen them ever play against the Bs.

Big test is Pittsburgh though...

edit: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCHUEY! Please have the Habs stomp on the Bruins for us Leaf fans too please! ^_^

FYI - NHL store is having a sale on "outerwear", which includes the sweaters we were talking about yesterday. So they're about ten bucks off

Top Bottom