• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gallagher grabs Dekeyser's (?) stick and flops, enraging Dekeyser, then shoots the puck when everyone's distracted. Can't really celebrate that sort of pest behaviour but since it's funny and since it's the Wings... pretty awesome.
So when Ericsson (6'4, 221 lb) shoves Gallagher (5'9, 180 lb) to the ground it's a dive? Right. Maybe if Ericsson was more focused on playing the puck than abusing him, Gallagher wouldn't have scored.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Wow I got owned on this page.

:[

Kingslunk, you've been awfully submissive lately. We keep attacking you and you react in an increasingly defeated way.

Is something wrong?

Let's rap, son.

sitting-on-chairs-article11_zps0f3f971a.jpg

lupinko

wow. That's something.

He went from high draft pick for his hometown team to be traded for nothing to find success in beantown and to apparently assault Jim Carrey in a men's washroom.

He has a Stanley Cup now though, yet I heard he reunites with Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels again.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the rangers are ready to get beat down tonight

We are super ready! Cally's gonna have a two goal night, Stralman might get himself one, too. If Marty puts up a hatty, that should be fine, though.

Looks like Duclair is back in the lineup tonight. Based on rushes at morning skate, it looks like the lines will be:

Nash-Brassard-St.Louis
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Hayes-Duclair
Glass-D.Moore-Stempniak

Staal-Boyle
J.Moore-Girardi
Hunwick-Klein

Samyy

:lol

Kessel owes him and any reporter nothing, but I get how he thinks he's entitled to responses and whatnot.

Based on the quotes I'm surprised he wasn't crying during the segment good god.
Omfg ""think Leafs just accept good with the bad on Phil. They're like, what are we going to do? Can't make Kessel talk to media/backcheck"

God fucking dammit I hate the Toronto media so much.
Talking to the media is just as important as back checking!

Socreges

Banned
So when Ericsson (6'4, 221 lb) shoves Gallagher (5'9, 180 lb) to the ground it's a dive? Right. Maybe if Ericsson was more focused on playing the puck than abusing him, Gallagher wouldn't have scored.
You seriously don't see Gallagher grab Ericsson's stick and fall backwards?

Red_Man

You seriously don't see Gallagher grab Ericsson's stick and fall backwards?
Ericsson shoves him, and he grabs his arm / stick as he's falling. Why would he just grab his stick and fall backwards for no reason? Even in the context of diving that makes no sense. There's divers on the Habs, Gallagher is not one of them.

Razorskin

----- ------
Yea, seemed like everything was going really well for him in Minny. Really surprised they couldn't get anything for him.

I wouldn't say everything was going well in Minnesota, given that he was suspended after he kicked a wall hard enough to break his foot. Plus Minnesota has 3 capable goalies, 1 of which they couldn't move even if they wanted to.

Wild put Harding on waivers.

Wut.

Yea, seemed like everything was going really well for him in Minny. Really surprised they couldn't get anything for him.

MS + Breaking his foot by kicking a wall in frustration = lack of faith from the leadership.

Plus Kuemper would require waivers to be sent down and Backstrom, while somewhat injury prone, has played a ton more than Harding over the last few years.

Running with Kuemper and Harding could have potential to be terrible. Things could go so bad if Kuemper gets overwhelmed as a young goalie could and Harding has another flare up.

I am honestly surprised they went this route but I completely understand the rationale.

Red_Man

NHL 3 stars for the week : Lehtera, Price and Forsberg.

I wouldn't say everything was going well in Minnesota, given that he was suspended after he kicked a wall hard enough to break his foot. Plus Minnesota has 3 capable goalies, 1 of which they couldn't move even if they wanted to.
I meant before he hurt himself, it seemed like he had a good chance at being the #1. I'm sure he'll get picked up anyways.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Friedman was saying on the radio in Calgary that Kessels lesser paid teammates could get upset if they keep getting left to deal with the media.

trifelife

Where does it hit him? Right in the back? Damn that was well placed.

Amazing goal.

Jensen down, Kassian back for the Edmonton game. Would have liked to see them both on a line with Matthias though, the way he's been carrying the puck lately. Kass distributing, Jensen's release. My release. Too bad.

Oilers always play the Canucks hard at home, at least in the first period. Scrap brah.

TUSR

Banned
Buddy at work this morning had a stroke

Half his face wasn't working, slurred speech, and his other eye was fucked.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Martin St. Louis to Tampa Bay media today:

“That first time you play them, it’s a little weird but once you get past the first shift you just play the game. I am not too worried about it. There are great friends on the other side but there have been a lot of changes there so it’s not like…lots of guy that I don’t know too. I will just go out and play my game. I might have some butterflies early on but you go out and play and they go away.”
Is it weird or will it be weird next week? “Probably a little more weird next week but it’s pretty weird the first time you play them.”
How has the trade worked out for you? “Listen, I came 3 wins from winning the Stanley Cup. The amount of time I have been sleeping at home and seeing my kids and seeing their hockey, it’s been great. I am really pleased with the opportunity that I got to play for the Stanley Cup and the time I get to spend with my kids.”
Do you wish anything with the trade went down differently? “Umm, you know, I didn’t, it happened really fast, I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to anybody really. I played in St. Louis the night before and the next day I am on a plane coming to New York. It was sudden, sudden brings more pain to everybody and I understand some of the fans point of view and I respect it. For me and my family it was time to move on.”

Amazing goal.

Jensen down, Kassian back for the Edmonton game. Would have liked to see them both on a line with Matthias though, the way he's been carrying the puck lately. Kass distributing, Jensen's release. My release. Too bad.

Oilers always play the Canucks hard at home, at least in the first period. Scrap brah.

The Oilers again? Geez, way to go schedule makers. This is their 4th game in the first quarter of the season. Their next (and last) matchup is the Canucks' last game of the season.

Top Bottom