• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

zroid

Banned
Oh shit, Bob McCown dropping the gauntlets on the banal Phil Kessel media availability debate:

to hear media people whining and complaining about athletes who won't talk to them is embarrassing and pathetic

calder

I hope everyone is buying Dragon Age.

I'm definitely picking it up in a week or two, after my initial GTA lust is slaked.

I'm so annoyed, I bought AC:Unity last week on a whim Monday night just because the 11th was a holiday and I wanted something to play. Regretted it instantly even before the shitty performance and bugs made me turn it off an hour in. If I hadn't wasted $70 on that a week ago I'd feel less stupid about getting two full price games this week.

Sanjuro

I'm definitely picking it up in a week or two, after my initial GTA lust is slaked.

I'm so annoyed, I bought AC:Unity last week on a whim Monday night just because the 11th was a holiday and I wanted something to play. Regretted it instantly even before the shitty performance and bugs made me turn it off an hour in. If I hadn't wasted $70 on that a week ago I'd feel less stupid about getting two full price games this week.

Yeah. I got my Halo: MCC refund digitally and into MS Points now. I'm not a big fan of big game digital content, but if I just have the money floating there I may as well just get DA.

...until I find out DA wasn't completed or quality tested.

Quick

Banned

I still haven't touched my copy of AC: Unity. I ordered it from Amazon during their E3 sale in the summer and paid $55 in total.

I haven't had the time, and the matter of performance issues is concerning.

So I'm definitely getting Smash Wii U on Friday.

Should I just wait on getting GTA V on the PS4 (I bought it for PS3 but got YLOD a week after) or wait for PCMR edition next year sometime?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh shit, Bob McCown dropping the gauntlets on the banal Phil Kessel media availability debate:

I only ended up hearing McCown go off about it because on 1050 they had Feschuk on pretending as if he doesn't have an agenda against Kessel. So I changed the channel in disgust.

Only in Toronto could they try to make this a big story.

kingslunk

So I'm definitely getting Smash Wii U on Friday.

Should I just wait on getting GTA V on the PS4 (I bought it for PS3 but got YLOD a week after) or wait for PCMR edition next year sometime?

Trade the PS3 version at target and get $30 off.

That's what I'm going to do.

Buy the PC version in like a year during a steam sale for $15

We should get a PS4 GTA V nhl-gaf group going online.

Quick

Banned

I only ended up hearing McCown go off about it because on 1050 they had Feschuk on pretending as if he doesn't have an agenda against Kessel. So I changed the channel in disgust.

Only in Toronto could they try to make this a big story.

Phil Katssel don't give a fuck.

image.php

calder

I haven't had the time, and the matter of performance issues is concerning.

It's even worse than that for me - I was bored 10 minutes after starting the game. The tutorial was like a less fun Black Flag, and while the views of the French towns were definitely really cool from an art/architectural standpoint (I love looking at buildings and landscapes in open world games, one of my main attractions to the genre) running around was immediately dull.

Then you hit Paris shortly after the tutorial and the technical issues hit. Awful frame rate, annoying pop-in etc. I didn't even play long enough to have any real gameplay bugs but seeing a couple of guys jump into mid air like they were mounting invisible horses, then slowly slide 10 feet and rotate to where the horse was actually standing, was enough.

Yeah wish I was willing to sit on hold with customer support long enough to get a refund for a digital purchase but I'm too lazy. I'm a terrible customer and at least a tiny bit responsible for how shitty Ubisoft is at making games.

Sanjuro

Trade the PS3 version at target and get $30 off.

That's what I'm going to do.

Buy the PC version in like a year during a steam sale for $15

We should get a PS4 GTA V nhl-gaf group going online.

There are a ton of games I wish were released in the summer, GTA is one of them. My 360 save is somewhere in Microsoft's cloud hell. There is just too much stuff coming out at once. You would think the game industry would spread some of their products out a bit more.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
There are a ton of games I wish were released in the summer, GTA is one of them. My 360 save is somewhere in Microsoft's cloud hell. There is just too much stuff coming out at once. You would think the game industry would spread some of their products out a bit more.

Yeah, I feel swamped with games. Been playing Dragon Age on EA access (bought it as well) and that game is going to be a massive time sync. I was one of the few that like DA2 and this destroys it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ridiculously excited for this game tonight, even though there's a high probability of getting demolished.

Cally will be his usual self, but I expect Boyle and Stralman to be extra motivated tonight.

FYI - the NHL store has been sold out for random sizes for the ugly sweaters... I bought one on http://www.clarktoys.com/ and got it pretty quickly and for around the same price. They have a pretty big selection of them for all sports I think. i used the coupon code "fb10" and got 10% off. My Hawks one arrived and now I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Ducks one

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The first one was fantastic. I understand some people enjoy the second, but the variables made if feel like you took the wrong newborn home from the hospital.
They didn't have a lot of time to work on it apparently whereas this game was 3 years.
It's even worse than that for me - I was bored 10 minutes after starting the game. The tutorial was like a less fun Black Flag, and while the views of the French towns were definitely really cool from an art/architectural standpoint (I love looking at buildings and landscapes in open world games, one of my main attractions to the genre) running around was immediately dull.

Then you hit Paris shortly after the tutorial and the technical issues hit. Awful frame rate, annoying pop-in etc. I didn't even play long enough to have any real gameplay bugs but seeing a couple of guys jump into mid air like they were mounting invisible horses, then slowly slide 10 feet and rotate to where the horse was actually standing, was enough.

Yeah wish I was willing to sit on hold with customer support long enough to get a refund for a digital purchase but I'm too lazy. I'm a terrible customer and at least a tiny bit responsible for how shitty Ubisoft is at making games.
Who buys Ubisoft games full price? YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM! D:

Calamari41

41 > 38
FYI - the NHL store has been sold out for random sizes for the ugly sweaters... I bought one on http://www.clarktoys.com/ and got it pretty quickly and for around the same price. They have a pretty big selection of them for all sports I think. i used the coupon code "fb10" and got 10% off. My Hawks one arrived and now I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Ducks one

Oh sweet, thanks for this. I was able to snag a large Ducks sweater but now all they have left on nhl.com is XL. Hopefully I can get a medium for my wife here.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I never played the second Dragon Age, but the first one was indeed fun. So the new one is good Might get it... mhmmmmm

Yeah you can definitely tell Dragon Age 2 was rushed. The recycled areas are pretty inexcusable. Plot-wise it was more compact and had less of an epic feel to it than Origins but it was still pretty solid. The Arishok is a worthy adversary.

Went back and played some Origins over the weekend and the interactions and plot still hold up, though the graphics are really muddy. Looking forward to Frostbite.

Oh sweet, thanks for this. I was able to snag a large Ducks sweater but now all they have left on nhl.com is XL. Hopefully I can get a medium for my wife here.

Thats what I ordered (medium), I'll post here to let you know when I get it (I think they're based in Wisconsin so I might get mine quicker than yours)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah you can definitely tell Dragon Age 2 was rushed. The recycled areas are pretty inexcusable. Plot-wise it was more compact and had less of an epic feel to it than Origins but it was still pretty solid. The Arishok is a worthy adversary.

Went back and played some Origins over the weekend and the interactions and plot still hold up, though the graphics are really muddy. Looking forward to Frostbite.

The Landsmeet in Origins was great. Even after only playing 4 hours of DA:I I know it will be my fave.

Quick

Banned

Same. I really like just driving around in open world games and admiring structures. I'm especially a sucker for how real-world locations are rendered. What's even a bonus for me are accurate renditions of arenas and stadiums in sports games.

I hit a wall with AC: Black Flag last year, having picked it up on day one. I got bored quick, but I got back and finished it in the summer. It ended up being really fun. Wasn't a big fan of the sailing aspects, funny enough. I was hyped for Unity and Rogue.

Speaking of Rogue, I feel like they're going to come out with a PS4/Xbone version in a few months and I should wait for that.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Same. I really like just driving around in open world games and admiring structures. I'm especially a sucker for how real-world locations are rendered. What's even a bonus for me are accurate renditions of arenas and stadiums in sports games.

I hit a wall with AC: Black Flag last year, having picked it up on day one. I got bored quick, but I got back and finished it in the summer. It ended up being really fun. Wasn't a big fan of the sailing aspects, funny enough. I was hyped for Unity and Rogue.

Speaking of Rogue, I feel like they're going to come out with a PS4/Xbone version in a few months and I should wait for that.

Yeah, I'm just going to wait and I hope they have PS4/X1 version.

Smiley90

Remember that Simpsons open world game? I used to treat it like the Sims. I'd have my own house and drive according to the law from place to place.

FUCK YO GAME RULES

Random side note: there might be nothing better than being at a game and hearing the entire crowd erupt after a huge goal. The sound of 20k people screaming all at once for the same reason is something special. I'm sorting through random applause sound effects for work and it makes me want to go to a game really badly

Remember that Simpsons open world game? I used to treat it like the Sims. I'd have my own house and drive according to the law from place to place.

FUCK YO GAME RULES

THE GAME WAS CALLED HIT N RUN AND ALL YOU DID WAS HIT THE BRAKES AT EVERY PEDESTRIAN CROSSING AND RUN TO THE KWIK-E-MART TO BUY MILK

Random side note: there might be nothing better than being at a game and hearing the entire crowd erupt after a huge goal. The sound of 20k people screaming all at once for the same reason is something special. I'm sorting through random applause sound effects for work and it makes me want to go to a game really badly

Never knew that feeling to be a good thing. Every Ducks game I've been to has been at Rogers Arena. The loud applause meant they got scored on.

Smiley90

THE GAME WAS CALLED HIT N RUN AND ALL YOU DID WAS HIT THE BRAKES AT EVERY PEDESTRIAN CROSSING AND RUN TO THE KWIK-E-MART TO BUY MILK

SHIT MAN I KNEW WE COULD BE BFF'S DASTARDLY

that game was amazingly detailed for a Simpsons open world game

kingslunk

Playoff goal is simply the best.

Top Bottom