• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Read a quick primer on the backstory (or watch this) and you'll be fine.

Thanks, I'll have to pick this up down the road then maybe when the price drops a little bit.

Hockey:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Tatar-Sheahan-Franzen
Helm-Datsyuk-Weiss
Miller-Glendening-Jurco

You know you have depth when Datsyuk is on the 3rd line.
because they don't want to break up the first two lines and Datsyuk is just coming back from injury and will probably see limited time

zroid

Banned
Anyone have a gif of Drew's goal from last night? I didn't see it and my friend was telling me to check it out.

ExcellentBlissfulBlackcrappie.gif

RealWindyAmericantoad.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Backes and Tarasenko were in a battle drill. Backes took exception and dropped gloves. He and Tarasenko argued after broken up. #stlblues

When do the Tarasenko is bad in the locker room narratives start?

Chris R

So Pickard starts tonight and Berra is on the bench. I'm suddenly feeling much better. Didn't see the comeback live since the bar I was at didn't show it but at least they had NHL network on so I could see the highlights of the 3rd and OT :(

Red_Man

I'd say hockey IQ is the most important skill a player can have. It's what allows older, immobile players like Markov and Gonchar remain successful. Markov is so slow, but one of the smartest players in the game and it's what keeps him going.

Quick

Banned
I'd say hockey IQ is the most important skill a player can have. It's what allows older, immobile players like Markov and Gonchar remain successful. Markov is so slow, but one of the smartest players in the game and it's what keeps him going.

I can get behind this.

To put it simply: you could be a fast skater, and be an absolute dumbass on the ice.

Solo

Markov's passing is what keeps him a boss out there. He gets caught pinching too often for my tastes though, which is where his old legs show.

Red_Man

I can get behind this.

To put it simply: you could be a fast skater, and be an absolute dumbass on the ice.
Pretty much. If you can anticipate the play and are always aware of the what's going on around you, then you don't need to be the fastest guy on the ice. There's a lot of players with above average skating / strength / etc who rely purely on those skills and quickly find themselves out of a job in the NHL.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much. If you can anticipate the play and are always aware of the what's going on around you, then you don't need to be the fastest guy on the ice. There's a lot of players with above average skating / strength / etc who rely purely on those skills and quickly find themselves out of a job in the NHL.

Rene Bourque. Built to play hockey, terrific shot, pretty decent skater, dumb as a rock.

Altitude crew fucking blows I swear. Trying their damnedest to defend all of Berra's shit goals yesterday then Pickard comes in and suddenly all of the "bad luck" goes away. So glad the kid is starting tonight but on the other hand we're gonna get shelled and I'd rather Berra endure that.

ShaneB

This is what I refer to mainly as the "right place at the right time" skill.

Top Bottom