• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm fine with not liking beer. There's plenty of other stuff to drink that I do like.

I don't know. I've been told that I haven't tried enough beer but it feels like I've tried a lot. Haven't been to BC.

try Lagers first, until you find a good one. Then gradually increase in taste.

Smiley90

Oh, also, Wheat Ales. Try Wheat Ales. They taste somewhat differently than regular beers (and generally great).

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
try Lagers first, until you find a good one. Then gradually increase in taste.

I don't even know what the difference is between lagers, ales or stouts. It's like that time I tried a bit of this beer my friend was having called Flying Monkeys and he said it was very 'hoppy'. All I tasted was bitter death.

I did go to beer fest and found a green apple beer that was alright - it tasted more like apple than beer.

Smiley90

I don't even know what the difference is between lagers, ales or stouts. It's like that time I tried a bit of this beer my friend was having called Flying Monkeys and he said it was very 'hoppy'. All I tasted was bitter death.

I did go to beer fest and found a green apple beer that was alright - it tasted more like apple than beer.

yeah hoppy beers are... not good for starters. Lagers have the least hoppy taste. And wheat ales taste differently in general, that's why those two types are better starter beers.

Lagers are the least hoppy beers (aka not hoppy at all - think Molson Canadian, only... you know... not shit)

Socreges

Banned
yeah hoppy beers are... not good for starters. Lagers have the least hoppy taste. And wheat ales taste differently in general, that's why those two types are better starter beers.

Lagers are the least hoppy beers (aka not hoppy at all - think Molson Canadian, only... you know... not shit)
Lagers are not a good start, imo. Better to go with flavoured stouts/porters (eg, chocolate or coffee) or citrusy IPAs (that aren't too bitter) or citrusy (eg, grapefruit or apricot) wheat ales that are everywhere in the summer. You can call those 'gateway' beers.

I can't do IPA's. They taste like the pines my cousin made me eat when I was a child.
Your cousin obviously loved you and had access to some delicious pines.

Have you ever tried Pliny the Elder? That's an IPA that everyone loves. So damn smooth and tasty

Clydefrog

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

I voted for a very old man for governor because the other guy has scary eyes

lol, same here. but it felt damn good to vote against Dana Rohrabacher. like it means anything...

"I'M SORRY, FATHER"

20091207_neelkashkari-woodchopping_560x470.jpg

whoopi was right!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGl1CCprCeU

Clydefrog

Don't know if anyone caught it earlier but my last pic in the "California is a shit hole confirmed" montage was the Stone Brewery bistro in Escondido. that place is a fucking godsend.

i used to brew my own beer (though I never went full-grain) and man what a blast it was. dat grain/hops smell for months...

Yes I knew you were awesome! My neighbor and I do whiskey,scotch, and retro videogame night monthly. Contra is tease though, it takes a lot of blows and still never lets you get to the end of the hallway level.

Edit: Hibiki is amazing

Me and my buddies have what we call a B.B.S. night. We get together and drink whiskey while pitching screenplays, discuss stories we are working on, and talk about what's going on in our lives.

Don't know if anyone caught it earlier but my last pic in the "California is a shit hole confirmed" montage was the Stone Brewery bistro in Escondido. that place is a fucking godsend.

i used to brew my own beer (though I never went full-grain) and man what a blast it was. dat grain/hops smell for months...

I actually think my friends and I are going there soon.

Smiley90

I tried chocolate beers, they tasted AWFUL. Like, the first few sips of novelty "omg it tastes just like chocolate this is awesome" are good, but then you realize you have a whole pint of this and all you want is beer.

Wheat Ales though... omg. I could drink that stuff like water. Though to be fair I'm also European and Wheat Ale is most of what we drink so there's that.

Me and my buddies have what we call a B.B.S. night. We get together and drink whiskey while pitching screenplays, discuss stories we are working on, and talk about what's going on in our lives.

I actually think my friends and I are going there soon.

Never hang out with Dastardly during one of these or all you're gonna get is pony suggestions

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oregon legalized weed too. Look at that, true progress in the face of horrifying political regression.

On ballot initiatives, most of the country voted in favor of Democratic/liberal positions, i.e. legalization, minimum wage increases, and abortion initiatives (the only failures here were in Florida, which actually got 58% in favor of legalizing medical marijuana but needed to get 60%, and Tennessee, which did manage to pass a measure that would allow the state legislature to draft laws limiting abortion rights). But then they also went and voted for all the people who are completely against the things they passed in the ballot initiatives. Republicans continue to do an amazing job of getting people to vote against their own self-interests, even when the voters express those very interests in the same election. Pretty amazing, really.

Oh, looks like marijuana legalization is also on its way to passing in Alaska.

By the way, with regards to that whole ice hockey thing, it's starting to look likely that Derek Stepan will return on Saturday in Toronto against the Leafs.

I tried chocolate beers, they tasted AWFUL. Like, the first few sips of novelty "omg it tastes just like chocolate this is awesome" are good, but then you realize you have a whole pint of this and all you want is beer.

Wheat Ales though... omg. I could drink that stuff like water. Though to be fair I'm also European and Wheat Ale is most of what we drink so there's that.

Never hang out with Dastardly during one of these or all you're gonna get is pony suggestions

White Ales are best ales.

Clydefrog

Friend used to work for Dana Rohrabacher. He's an asshole in real life.

I read that article about him renting a house in Costa Mesa...http://www.ocweekly.com/2013-12-19/news/moxley-confidential-dana-rohrabacher-robert-polyniak/full/

... don't google the recent election results.

this fool is the vice chairman for the house committee for science, space and technology. unforunately, i can't vouch for any other members. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Committee_on_Science,_Space_and_Technology

should speak for itself: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dana+rohrabacher

Tabris

Ryan Miller 9-1. That's INSANE.

So is Jonas Hiller at 6-2-1. On the Calgary Flames.

Big free agent goaltender signings paying off for their respective clubs?

EDIT - Canucks are 2nd highest scoring team in the league right now. WOW. I know, I know, don't get excited until we play LA, SJ, and ANA. But I need this!

Roy on what's next: "We're gonna continue to work hard"

Continue. So what I've seen so far is hard work and not complete apathy, inability and disorganization defensively? Maybe I'm suffering from dementia. Good thing I'm on mars where dementia pills are free if your name starts with P and ends with K.

Xeteh

Good thing I'm on mars where dementia pills are free if your name starts with P and ends with K.

OMG ARE WE GETTING PK SUBBAN?!

Its super frustrating. The Avs have random strokes of brilliance and then we have more frequent collapses. I really want to give Roy the benefit of the doubt because he brought our team from 2nd to last in the NHL to winning our division. But something has got to give, this team needs something to get back to where it was. Yeah, Stastny is an awesome player... but him missing from the team isn't the reason we're doing so poorly. I really hope they figure this out sooner rather than later. Guenin needs to go, he gives the puck away far too often. He hurts more than he helps. I hate to trade O'Reilly (despite his shitty free agency record he's still one of my favorite players on the Avs) but if we could find a team to trade him for a solid defender, I think we have to do it... even if I think we'll get burned by Radar every time we face him.

Sorry for the drunk rambling...

keezy

Wow we suck, guess we'll suck again today too.

Dat Halo 5 MCC cutscene, I wish those would be the in game cutscene graphics.

Rangers have a few injuries that could help the Wings. Not sure if Zuccarello is going to play.

Loosing my mind with Varlamov as my goalie.

Alucard

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/2SggXw1.gifv

I want to burn my copy of Mario Kart 8 now.

Mario Kart Wii had the absolute worst come from behind logic and didn't reward skill in any way, shape, or form. If you were first during the final lap, you knew you were finishing either 2nd or 3rd. Guys in the middle of the pack would ALWAYS get a blue shell on the final lap. Always. Absolutely ridiculous.

I played it multi-player on more than one occasion and just decided that the game was shit after 2-3 hours.

zroid

Banned
Speaking of Mario Kart, I think we might get a release date for the first DLC pack today! Need to get those NHL-GAF races going again.

Excitebike track all day e'ry day

What a boring and disappointing Leafs game last night's was. Their intensity, motivation and interest was lacking in the first and it showed. They shot themselves in the foot.

Gardiner needs to be moved to forward, or he should go back to school on how to play defense.

zroid

Banned
OMG ARE WE GETTING PK SUBBAN?!

Its super frustrating. The Avs have random strokes of brilliance and then we have more frequent collapses. I really want to give Roy the benefit of the doubt because he brought our team from 2nd to last in the NHL to winning our division. But something has got to give, this team needs something to get back to where it was. Yeah, Stastny is an awesome player... but him missing from the team isn't the reason we're doing so poorly. I really hope they figure this out sooner rather than later. Guenin needs to go, he gives the puck away far too often. He hurts more than he helps. I hate to trade O'Reilly (despite his shitty free agency record he's still one of my favorite players on the Avs) but if we could find a team to trade him for a solid defender, I think we have to do it... even if I think we'll get burned by Radar every time we face him.

Sorry for the drunk rambling...
I'm so angry that Roy seems convinced this is just a small fix, especially one that our current personnel can handle. We need defense and unless both Bigras and Siemens are both top pairing defenders ready to go next season at the latest we are so fucked. Briere is most certainly going to get his spot back soon, Guenin is now firmly in the lineup cause Stuart is out. This team is in a real bad way. And I don't see O'Reilly sticking it out and not walking if things aren't sorted by next year at the latest. He's a total princess. The sooner we trade him the better, and that sucks to say because I do like the player. His personality outside of the game though I can't deal with. This 2 year contract situation speaks to that.

Hejda ain't getting any younger either, and without him Johnson can't seem to not suck. Also, losing Stastny shouldn't be a big deal to any healthy team. He provided some defensive stability but outside of that he was an expendable part of the lineup given the centers ready and available to take his spot. But this team still isn't healthy and we kinda weren't last year either. Just for whatever reason, things clicked in a way that didn't make a whole lot of sense. This year that clicking is completely gone and our defense seems to remember who they really are. Teams had an entire season and off-season to figure out why things were clicking for us and now here we are, every single team dominates the shit out of us in our own end and quickly diffuses any offense we manage to muster up.

But hey, at least our PK is godtier!

Top Bottom