• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

zroid

Banned
The best part about reading Don Cherry parodies, Quick included, is automatically accounting for him losing his voice during his speeches

The problem with all parodies however, including Don Quick, is they are way too coherent. It's hard to translate mumbling into text though. :p

Acid08

Banned
Have they been adding more ugly sweaters as time goes on? Legit bummed there isn't a Sharks one....but there's a fucking Panthers one.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Vx4wN0A.jpg

Carlyle's daughter

LOOOOOOOOOL

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NHL is also selling player specific ones, but they seem to only have Ovie, Kane and Quick available atm:

thumb.aspx

I'd take a Habs one maybe a Blackhawks one too
This is the one I got that came in today

http:-boutiquetricoloresportscom-mens-sweaters-canadiens-oua.png

Edit: A note for the Habs one, the blue is a lot darker in person than in that picture. It's the same dark blue as on the jerseys, that picture makes it look really bright for some reason.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
NHL is also selling player specific ones, but they seem to only have Ovie, Kane and Quick available atm:

thumb.aspx

Edit: A note for the Habs one, the blue is a lot darker in person than in that picture. It's the same dark blue as on the jerseys, that picture makes it look really bright for some reason.

Those are awesome.

Where, theoretically, could a person purchase a sweater like this? As a hypothetical.

http://shop.nhl.com/Ugly_Sweaters

Out of mediums for the time being, I remember the Hawks one I wanted being out of medium and they got restoked eventually

Smelly: they added a bunch of teams recently, so I'm sure the Canucks will get one eventually

Does anyone really give a shit about this Connor McDavid stuff.

They're acting like his career is over.

Sounds like typical (Canadian) hockey media. Or sports media in general. Just filling empty space. It's a waste of time and energy

I don't care about it, because he's not going to be a Leaf. Plus, it's just his hand for fuck sakes.

It was all over talk radio today, too.

Two questions for you:

1) Anyone know why the Leafs/Bruins tilt starts at 8pm tonight?

2) Is anyone else's "your posts" search option not showing all up to date threads?

I don't care about it, because he's not going to be a Leaf. Plus, it's just his hand for fuck sakes.

Two questions for you:

2) Is anyone else's "your posts" search option not showing all up to date threads?

yes to the second

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Out of mediums for the time being, I remember the Hawks one I wanted being out of medium and they got restoked eventually

Smelly: they added a bunch of teams recently, so I'm sure the Canucks will get one eventually

Sounds like typical (Canadian) hockey media. Or sports media in general. Just filling empty space. It's a waste of time and energy

Football. Pre-pre game show?

almost done 2 pints of beer. no fucking way i'm watching this leafs v bruins match sober

Samyy

Two questions for you:

Something to do with it being a national game on NBC rivalry night

Red_Man

Change of plan for Martin Brodeur. He's not going to announce his retirement this month. He doesn't want to close any doors. #tvasports
Give it up old man. This is just embarrassing now.

I know what to get my dad for christmas :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

No Canucks. what the fuck NHL, maaaaan.

a bit upset there's only like 2 styles. I was hoping each time would get their own or so.

My favourites in terms of colour/style matching are probably

The flyers orange works well for the big one and the Jets one is not too bright so it's actually wearable. The ducks one is 10/10 just because of the rows of ducks :lol

Now which one to get if there's no Canucks one... tempted between Jets and Ducks... wait where did you find the Habs one Red, it's not on that site?

Red_Man

Now which one to get if there's no Canucks one... tempted between Jets and Ducks... wait where did you find the Habs one Red, it's not on that site?
Habs have their own separate merchandise store based in Quebec that sells them. Seems like all the teams have them, but the NHL site only sells certain ones for some stupid reason. I would look at the Canucks online store or any place specializing in Canucks gear for their version.

Edit: This site is listing the Canucks one actually:

http://www.vancitysports.com/

Just click on best sellers. It's in store only it seems.

No Canucks. what the fuck NHL, maaaaan.

a bit upset there's only like 2 styles. I was hoping each time would get their own or so.

My favourites in terms of colour/style matching are probably

The flyers orange works well for the big one and the Jets one is not too bright so it's actually wearable. The ducks one is 10/10 just because of the rows of ducks :lol

Canucks - http://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/nhl...except-for-this-very-ugly-exception-1.2096785

Smiley90

Habs have their own separate merchandise store based in Quebec that sells them. Seems like all the teams have them, but the NHL site only sells certain ones for some stupid reason. I would look at the Canucks online store or any place specializing in Canucks gear for their version.

Edit: This site is listing the Canucks one actually:

http://www.vancitysports.com/

Just click on best sellers. It's in store only it seems.

wow did someone jpeg our logo like 200 times before deciding to put it on that sweater? that resolution makes the sweater look AWFUL

PA102140-e1412984182974.jpg

not gonna lie, the Bruins one is top tier as well but NO WAY AM I WEARING A FRIGGIN BRUINS SWEATER. So Still torn between Ducks and Jets. Probably Ducks because LOL the Ducks are perfect on an ugly Christmas sweater.

Man gaming side has been crazy with all the MCC and Unity backlash. Dragon Age is getting good reviews though. Supposed to take 50 hours to beat. I may have to cancel Pokemon.

Smiley90

I think that's just the picture quality.

Here's a picture of mine for reference on the contrast of colour from the stock photo:

but if you look at the stars in the top corner for the Canucks one, those are sharp edges. So it can't be the picture quality. :/

EDIT:

Wait what's wrong with MCC?

AND WAIT IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH POKEMON? DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH POKEMON I'M WAITING FOR IT

Red_Man

but if you look at the stars in the top corner for the Canucks one, those are sharp edges. So it can't be the picture quality. :/
Do you live near the store that I linked? You could always stop by and check out for yourself, seems odd they would pixelate it so bad on that one compared to the others.

Smiley90

Do you live near the store that I linked? You could always stop by and check out for yourself, seems odd they would pixelate it so bad on that one compared to the others.

It's weird because e.g. the Blackhawks one has at least as much detail in the logo and looks fine. I might drop by a Vancitysports, they have a couple locations if I'm not totally wrong.

Samyy

EDIT:

Wait what's wrong with MCC?

Something to do with netcode I think, I'm sure Dopey and Heretic could fill you in better.
I saw a few GB guys on twitter talking about multiplayer not working? Not sure if this applies to all the games in the collection.

2014 has been a very underwhelming year games wise. Best game I've played is a remaster. That and "rediscovering" Civ 5.

Red_Man

It's weird because e.g. the Blackhawks one has at least as much detail in the logo and looks fine. I might drop by a Vancitysports, they have a couple locations if I'm not totally wrong.
Probably your best bet. It might just be that the Canucks logo doesn't translate well to the style *shrugs*.

Smiley90

Something to do with netcode I think, I'm sure Dopey and Heretic could fill you in better.
I saw a few GB guys on twitter talking about multiplayer not working? Not sure if this applies to all the games in the collection.

2014 has been a very underwhelming year games wise. Best game I've played is a remaster. That and "rediscovering" Civ 5.

Best game I've played this year is hard to say... Civ:BE is good but not GOTY good. same for Shadow of Mordor.

Top Bottom