• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

could only find this low quality gif of malkin's goal, too lazy to make my own
tumblr_nxznd4vcsr1r6f9y3o1_500.gif

Foggy

Aaron Portzline
‏@Aportzline
Former #CBJ pick D Mike Reilly - 'member, he signed with #mnwild over the summer? - is 889th of 889 players in @TheAHL w a minus-17 rating.

Mike Reilly is the salt giver that keeps on giving

Mike Reilly is the salt giver that keeps on giving

That team in Iowa is dogshit.

Absolutely nobody can score goals. They're only giving up 2/3 goals a game most of the time but can't ever score more than 1 so they always lose. As a result pretty much everyone is a negative +/-.

Not excusing his play, which I haven't seen at all, but giving a bit of background info.

http://www.tsn.ca/changes-coming-to-all-star-game-1.395711

The All-Star Game isn’t until Jan. 31 in Nashville, but the NHL is expected to announce some sweeping changes to the format on Wednesday, moving from the traditional East vs. West 5-on-5, 60-minute game to a trio of 20-minute mini-games featuring four divisional all-star teams playing 3-on-3 hockey.

I demand more gimmicks, more! This isn't going to do jack shit to make the game on the ice watchable.

Would've been really interesting to see them do a 3-on-3 divisional format with the fantasy draft.

But I don't discourage attempts at making the game more exciting, really. Clearly the league knows that the actual All-Star game is stale.

The issue (as Bob mentions) is players not giving a shit. Changing it to 3-on-3 isn't going to do anything if players keep putting zero effort into it.

zroid

Banned
well that's not quite what I was expecting

20 minute games is a bad idea imo. I was hoping for something more like 5-10 minute games and simply more of them.

what I would've done is they play a round robin between the four teams, 6 games of ~8 minutes each. Then the top 2 teams play again for the title.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tampa Bay Lightning ‏@TBLightning 12m 12 minutes ago

#TBLightning forward Ryan Callahan is listed as day-to-day with a lower body injury.
Callahan? Injured? I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

Foggy

That team in Iowa is dogshit.

Absolutely nobody can score goals. They're only giving up 2/3 goals a game most of the time but can't ever score more than 1 so they always lose. As a result pretty much everyone is a negative +/-.

Not excusing his play, which I haven't seen at all, but giving a bit of background info.

Yeah, +/- is pretty worthless, especially for that kind of player on the AHL level. Besides, he's still a very young defenseman. Everyone knows you need to give them more slack than players at other positions. It's just a beat writer playing to his audience, which honestly, the fanbase needs to move the hell on. Those same people would fall over themselves if Jack Roslovic holds out on Winnipeg and decides not to burn a year off his ELC just to play for his hometown team.

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers third line appears to have Dave Bolland as the spare fourth...could he be Thursday's scratch v #nhlDucks ?

Ayy. If this isn't injury related it's amazing how everyone except Tallon saw his deal as terrible. All the great things he's done as GM and then he inks that contract. If it was Bolland @ 3milli I'd be cool, but the highest paid forward who is supposed to be a 3rd line dude is crazy.

Cake Boss

Banned
Murray is happy with the "top three" -- Karlsson, Methot, Ceci -- and likes what he has seen from Wideman

c2msxc0f.gif

wait he can't be serious.

Bryan Murray says he needs more from Jared Cowen and/or Patrick Wiercioch

gVp6J.gif

No Ceci, Boroweicki mentioned

Trevor Daley, who is available, the asking price is likely a second-round pick along with either winger Matt Puempel or Shane Prince.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA KILL ME NOW!!!

"I hear that we need a defenceman. I think we have a good enough defence but they just aren't playing good enough." BMurr

giphy.gif

fucking hell this GM is the worst in the league.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 20m 20 minutes ago
Already missing Palat, Tampa coach Cooper ruled Johnson and Paquette out for NYR game. Drouin, Callahan most likely out, he told reporters.
:/

Quick

Banned
The issue (as Bob mentions) is players not giving a shit. Changing it to 3-on-3 isn't going to do anything if players keep putting zero effort into it.

Can't really get them to give a shit, considering risk of injury involved and the futility of the game. Nothing is at stake.

Not really sure what incentives will really motivate players. Maybe awarding home ice advantage during the Stanley Cup like the MLB?

Quick

Banned
http://45.media.tumblr.com/8c7fd37f63c09073579e3a585e408fd8/tumblr_nxxjirWmLR1rn5vzno1_500.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://49.media.tumblr.com/7e431f1643aa44bbbd5bae25ebebe4b5/tumblr_nxxjirWmLR1rn5vzno2_500.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://49.media.tumblr.com/92122da58305f2bd3f853e41e31dcb1e/tumblr_nxxjirWmLR1rn5vzno3_500.gif

Reimer is pro-global warming confirmed.

The man just wants to watch the world burn, literally.

Carey Price is on the ice at the Canadiens’ practice facility in Brossard.

He’s working with goaltender coach Stéphane Waite and it appears he will join his teammates for practice for the first time since he suffered a lower-body injury.

Price didn’t put a date on his return to the Canadiens’ lineup, saying he’s still not 100-per-cent healthy. He has missed two weeks because of the injury.

In other news from Habs practice, the team said winger Alex Semin won’t face the Arizona Coyotes on Thursday at the Bell Centre. Also Paul Byron will move back to the fourth line, while Torrey Mitchell moves up to right wing on a line with Alex Galchenyuk and Lars Eller.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/montreal-canadiens-goalie-carey-price-skates-at-practice-in-brossard
lol Semin

zroid

Banned
Apparently Babcock made some comment about the playoffs, and now Leafland is going nuts :lol

fortunately even if they are anywhere close to a playoff spot in Feb that means their UFAs are probably contributing, which means they will be sold off for scraps and the team will crater hard down the stretch. so I'm not too worried about an unwanted playoff berth.

Does the ASG really need to become a hyper competitive event? Seems fine if it's just a low-key, skills event that caters to the casual fans (usually kids).

eyeless

Apparently Babcock made some comment about the playoffs, and now Leafland is going nuts :lol

fortunately even if they are anywhere close to a playoff spot in Feb that means their UFAs are probably contributing, which means they will be sold off for scraps and the team will crater hard down the stretch. so I'm not too worried about an unwanted playoff berth.
as long as they're not hovering around a playoff spot so they abandon the plan and don't try to trade the ufas

if that happens and i don't hear they're at least trying to shop the ufas all hope will be lost for the commitment to the rebuild in my mind, man that would be disappointing

Samyy

as long as they're not hovering around a playoff spot so they abandon the plan and don't try to trade the ufas

if that happens and i don't hear they're at least trying to shop the ufas all hope will be lost for the commitment to the rebuild in my mind, man that would be disappointing

Well the were in a playoff spot when they decided to fire Carlyle, I don't expect them to pull something like that.

I kinda wish we didn't give up PA. But I have a feeling that he's going to stay with the Leafs for a few years

Here's our Lines Against the Yotes

Pacioretty-Plekanec -Gallagher
Eller-Galchenyuk-Mitchell
Flash DD-Weise
Byron-Flynn-DSP

I like Mitchell as a 4th line guy not on the 2nd

Just bring someone up put Semin in the Minors

imBask

Banned
PaciARROOOretty-PlekARROOOnec -GallARROOOgher
EllARROOO-GARROOOlchenyuk-MitchellARROOO
FlARROOOsh-DeshARROOOsnais-WeisARROOO
BARROOOn-FlynnARROOO-DSPROOOO

Does the ASG really need to become a hyper competitive event? Seems fine if it's just a low-key, skills event that caters to the casual fans (usually kids).

The problem is that it doesn't cater to anybody.

I know diehard hockey fans that don't watch it. I know tons of parents that don't watch it. I know tons of kids, who live, play, and revolve their lives around hockey that don't watch it.

Granted, all that total numbers maybe 100 people, but when they all love hockey and all love watching the NHL and maybe 5 of them actually watch the All Star Game because it's a snooze. That's a problem the NHL has to fix.

Grenier called up, Shinkaruk sent down. Vrbata injured with something minor (missing pride probably). And Sbisa's back.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Burrows-Horvat-Virtanen
Higgins-McCann-Grenier
Baertschi-Cracknell-Dorsett

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bartkowski
Hutton-Sbisa

Miller

Looks like the ASG will have a $1m prize split among the winning team. The coach will be the coach of the team on top of each division.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Grenier called up, Shinkaruk sent down. Vrbata injured with something minor (missing pride probably). And Sbisa's back.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Burrows-Horvat-Virtanen
Higgins-McCann-Grenier
Baertschi-Cracknell-Dorsett

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bartkowski
Hutton-Sbisa

Miller

Vrbata's "hurt", riiiiiight.

eyeless

Well the were in a playoff spot when they decided to fire Carlyle, I don't expect them to pull something like that.
i don't expect them to do it either

but we were trending downward when they fired carlyle despite being in a playoff spot, now we're trending upward with babcock, unexpectedly to everyone not looking like a complete pile of shit

just something i'm paranoid about

Quick

Banned
Lou's son, Chris, is apparently hanging around the Leafs lately. Chris is Michael Corleone.

@jonasTSN1050 said:
Chris Lamoriello, Lou's son and a former Devils employee, has been hanging around the Leafs this week. Hasn't been hired though, per team.

Lamoriello and the Devils parted ways in September. He was part of Devils scouting staff for 19 seasons and 14 as team's AHL GM.

Plus Reimer stuff:

@jonasTSN1050 said:
Reimer now tied with Luongo for the 2nd best ES save percentage (.946) among goalies with at least 10 starts. Only Lundqvist is better.

I just started to play Animal Crossing again on 3DS.

Still Addictive. I wish there was a Wii U Animal Crossing

That Board Game one on Wii U looks boring

Top Bottom