• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

PaciARROOOretty-PlekARROOOnec -GallARROOOgher
EllARROOO-GARROOOlchenyuk-MitchellARROOO
FlARROOOsh-DeshARROOOsnais-WeisARROOO
BARROOOn-FlynnARROOO-DSPROOOO

th

zroid

Banned
I just started to play Animal Crossing again on 3DS.

Still Addictive. I wish there was a Wii U Animal Crossing

That Board Game one on Wii U looks boring

I'm so ready for a legit Wii U animal crossing. That Animal Crossing Plaza thing with all the characters in HD was such a cruel cocktease. :mad:

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently Babcock made some comment about the playoffs, and now Leafland is going nuts :lol

fortunately even if they are anywhere close to a playoff spot in Feb that means their UFAs are probably contributing, which means they will be sold off for scraps and the team will crater hard down the stretch. so I'm not too worried about an unwanted playoff berth.
You sure about that? If they're actually within reach of a playoff spot, I don't think Babcock will be down to burn the team down and lose the rest of the way.

Quick

Banned
You sure about that? If they're actually within reach of a playoff spot, I don't think Babcock will be down to burn the team down and lose the rest of the way.

And in any case, those assets are gone by the end of the season. Leafs either make a playoff push and keep the plugs until the offseason, or end up in 10th-16th in the East and trade them off for picks.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Islanders are trying to trade Travis Hamonic.

Friedman:

Very quietly, the New York Islanders are trying a manoeuvre a difficult situation — the possibility of trading Travis Hamonic.

Hamonic, a talented 25-year-old defender who does tremendous things off the ice, is in play, although the exact reasons are private.

One rumour indicated it was because he was unhappy with the unusual Long Island–Brooklyn setup for the team’s players, but a few sources blew that rationale out of the water.

I've always liked Hamonic, and I'd love to see him in a Canucks sweater. Not sure Vancouver has the expendable assets necessary to make it work, though.

Islanders are trying to trade Travis Hamonic.

Friedman:

I've always liked Hamonic, and I'd love to see him in a Canucks sweater. Not sure Vancouver has the expendable assets necessary to make it work, though.

FucAjJV.gif

EDIT: fuck, beaten by Quick, it's still funny anyway and that GIF should never stop being posted ✌️

aidan

Dreger is reporting that Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver are preferred destinations for Hamonic. Get 'er done, Benning!

Cake Boss

Banned
There is your top 4 dman Murray, get up from your afternoon nap and make some calls you fucker.

But it looks like he wants to be closer to his home. Fuck.

Pikma

Banned
The issue with Nintendo right now is that they stopped making games and then releasing amiibo around them, it's now the total opposite, they're releasing amiibo and making (cheap) games as an excuse for them. That shitty AC board game is proof of that.

I just bought Happy Home Designer

Hamonic for Myers.

Wouldn't this kind of be a lateral trade? The Islanders would say yes, but I doubt the Jets will.

Hamonic would be great in Vancouver. They'd want a defenceman in return though. If Edler agreed to waive his NTC I'd trade him. He's 29 now at a $5M cap hit. He would be 33 and a UFA; would the Canucks re-sign him with a young core?

Calgary is loaded on D so they'll probably pass. Edmonton could give up a young forward. Winnipeg has a good prospect pool.

aidan

Calgary is loaded on D so they'll probably pass. Edmonton could give up a young forward. Winnipeg has a good prospect pool.

Hamonic would be a great addition for the Oilers, but their biggest problem is that they need *more* good young defenders, and would likely have to move someone like Klefbom to land Hamonic, which just doesn't make sense. (The Islanders have already said that they'd like to trade Hamonic for a like-player, so I doubt they'd be taken in by Edmonton's forward corps.)

Winnipeg's got a lot of good defensemen that they could send back to the Islanders. Enstrom's been mentioned in rumours. Would the Islanders be interested, though?

I still think a package built around Hamhuis makes the most sense from a Canucks perspective. His contract is up this year, but he's a guy the Islanders could rely on for 25 minutes a night in the playoffs. Moving Edler for Hamonic seems like a lateral move for the Canucks, and I don't see how it makes them a better team in the long or short term.

iLLmAtlc

This is exactly Cake Boss' point. It isn't hockey-related, and could be anything.

I see. I just wasn't sure it's not hockey related so my playoff comment was saying people tend to be happier in those times.

I know dreger said he loves the isles but what about a beef with the coach or a player? Is that really ruled out?

aidan

I see. I just wasn't sure it's not hockey related so my playoff comment was saying people tend to be happier in those times.

I know dreger said he loves the isles but what about a beef with the coach or a player? Is that really ruled out?

Every report has gone out of its way to say that it's not hockey-related at all and that he loves playing with the Islander's organization. I don't think that courtesy would be extended if it wasn't true (as we see in most cases where a player demands a trade.)

Yeah the Oilers are probably out. They're in no hurry to field a contender and can wait for their young defenders to mature.

I don't see the appeal of acquiring Hamhuis (to the Islanders). He provides a veteran presence, sure, but a playoff spot in November is very hard to predict. Yes, the Islanders could flip Hamhuis at the deadline if they're out of it. But it's still risky: what if Hamhuis gets injured and becomes untradeable? The Islanders get bounced in the first round, Hamhuis walks in the off-season, and all they have to show for Hamonic is a second-rounder from Columbus. If they want Hamhuis they could even trade for him themselves at the deadline.

The thing with Edler is that I think he's peaked. He's an offensive defenceman with first-unit power play duties yet he has never scored more than 11 goals a season. Without Tanev he's just average. He has a very reasonable cap hit and is older than the Canucks' young core, so I don't think he factors into their long-term plans. I'd love to keep him but wouldn't mind the chance to get a younger player of equal skill while giving him a change of scenery.

In a perfect world we'd give them Sbisa and Jensen but this isn't Milbury's Islanders.

fallout

In addition to what aidan said, the teams identified are specifically because they are closer to his family. If it was some kind of internal issues with the team or teammates, I doubt the request would be that specific.

calder

I definitely know a city that's much closer to St. Malo than NYC...

hamonicw4j99.png

If it's looking like we can't resign Buff, that seems like a very possible one for one trade, and swapping right handed dmen makes a lot of sense.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
submitted my thesis

fuck all y'all

fuck school

fuck thiiiiis i'm outta here

you can call me Master Smelly soon

calder

submitted my thesis

fuck all y'all

fuck school

fuck thiiiiis i'm outta here

you can call me Master Smelly soon

Congrats!

But, i know it's a bit too late for feedback or anything, but I'm not sure your formatting was very good. First of all Calibri is basically one step up from the ghetto that is Times New Roman, but even worse I think you're supposed to use a proper cover sheet and table of contents. Hopefully they don't mark you too harshly on that and focus on your content instead!

smellythesisiejbv.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Congrats!

But, i know it's a bit too late for feedback or anything, but I'm not sure your formatting was very good. First of all Calibri is basically one step up from the ghetto that is Times New Roman, but even worse I think you're supposed to use a proper cover sheet and table of contents. Hopefully they don't mark you too harshly on that and focus on your content instead!

smellythesisiejbv.png

did you... did you just hack my computer to post this? I'm impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGP0hv3zF2s

Also:

Jesus, Is this the worst start in Crosby's career? If it gets bad.. I wonder if he would ask for a trade.. I'm not saying he would. But I could see the frustration in a couple of games I've watched. I really wonder what's up.

It's the Pens' system. Defensively sound, offensively inept.

Highly doubt Crosby will ask for a trade. They'd fire the coach before it gets to that.

zroid

Banned
It's the Pens' system. Defensively sound, offensively inept.

Highly doubt Crosby will ask for a trade. They'd fire the coach before it gets to that.

I'd argue they've been pretty bad defensively too, MAF has just been a baller so far. Johnston needs to go for sure...

zroid

Banned
Apparently only 4 players will be voted in, one from each division, and they will be designated the captains.

Time for Leafs Nation to make Captain Morgan a reality!

Top Bottom