• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Price didn't look right tonight, not sure if it's a timing thing or he's still not 100%.

I'd like to see Ghetto with AGally, has the tools to succeed on that line.

Jblanks

GloriousSharpAgouti.gif

Ruining the tank 1 save at a time.

zroid

Banned
That DeBrincat kid is really lighting up the OHL huh? He's putting up Marner numbers as a draft eligible player but the rankings all have him in the mid teens or later, partially because he's 5'7", and also because last year people assumed his production was inflated by the McDavid effect. Except he's still doing what he's doing.

Going to be interesting to see how his ranking changes... and if he ends up dropping to a playoff team.

zroid

Banned
He's still playing with Strome and Raddysh. That definitely is inflating his point totals to a degree.

I'm going to guess he falls at least to the second round.

2nd round seems harsh, but I think his performance in the couple weeks of Strome's absence during the WJCs will be informative.

zroid

Banned
To expand on my point about DeBrincat falling, look at Konecny last year. Was projected to go in the mid 1st round, and nearly fell to the second. DeBrincat is a whole 2 inches smaller.

Yeah but DeBrincat's point pace is way higher than Konecny's

I don't know if he will keep up 2.0 PPG, but I'm skeptical of how far a draft eligible player putting up 2.0 PPG in the OHL will really fall, regardless of his size. Mid-first maybe.

Cake Boss

Banned
I think he falls to the second round due to his size. He's clearly first round talent, even if I do believe his point totals are inflated.

Koneciny fell because he didn't have the most productive year for a guy with his talent and plus was injured. Plus there are reservations of whether his style of play will translate to the NHL with his size, compared to other small dudes.

Foggy

In reference to this save
Aaron Portzline
‏@Aportzline
#CBJ Bobrovsky:"I stood with the moment and this happened. I didn’t think at all. It was just, like, pictures. It’s tough to explain." #whoa

Also about that confidence:

"Bob ties career high for most saves in a SO w/ 39 (3/16/13) in 1st SO of season/12th of career. Is 6-1 w/ .946 SV% & 1.72 GAA last 7. #CBJ"

#1 Cop! #1 Cop! #1 Cop!

Quick

Banned
Leafs' projected lines vs. Boston

JVR-Kadri-Komarov
Mathias-Bozak-Parenteau
Winnik-Holland-Lupul
Grabner-Froese-Boyes

Gardiner-Phaneuf
Hunwick-Rielly
Harrington-Polak

Reimer
Bernier

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In reference to this save

Also about that confidence:

"Bob ties career high for most saves in a SO w/ 39 (3/16/13) in 1st SO of season/12th of career. Is 6-1 w/ .946 SV% & 1.72 GAA last 7. #CBJ"

#1 Cop! #1 Cop! #1 Cop!

Happy to see the BJ's are rising!

Why are the Wings giving up on him? He has pretty good AHL numbers.

He is fast but that's about it. Has some 4th line potential but we have too many players and he won't really get any playing time. Honestly Andersson should have been on waivers before Ferraro, he is the definition of a meh type of player. At least Ferraro has speed unlike Andersson.

Yawnier

Banned
Got to imagine that not letting Nylander play in the WJC is going to piss off the Swedish Hockey Federation, but like I said I doubt Lou Lam and co. give a shit. I think they got pissed last year when the Caps didn't let Burakovsky play for them in the WJC, and then he got sent to the AHL around the same time too.

Same goes for Kapanen and the Finns too, though he was invisible in last years WJC.

Cake Boss

Banned
Don't get why the thought of not letting your top prospect get experience in the world stage by playing against his peers and other top prospects for his country for about 2 weeks max, compared to missing 6 AHL games.

Got to imagine that not letting Nylander play in the WJC is going to piss off the Swedish Hockey Federation, but like I said I doubt Lou Lam and co. give a shit. I think they got pissed last year when the Caps didn't let Burakovsky play for them in the WJC, and then he got sent to the AHL around the same time too.

Same goes for Kapanen and the Finns too, though he was invisible in last years WJC.

Not to mention that this time WJCs are in Finland so Kapanen will miss home tournament...

zroid

Banned
I wonder how Ray would feel if The Leafs claimed his son off Waivers.

he'd probably have mixed feelings since he'd get to see him more, but it would be awkward as hell for him to call Leafs games in which his son is playing!

i'm sure his preference would be for the Canucks to claim him

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Good to be back in Calgary. The last week was pretty rough. My Dad passed away the evening of my birthday. All in all the last 3 weeks have been terrible.

Now to concentrate on getting a job again and the Habs! Glad Price is back.

I missed this. Sorry to hear and hope you and your family are coping. :/

Top Bottom