• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Rick Westhead ‏@rwesthead 9m9 minutes ago
Former 1st run pick Shayne Stevenson, 45, joins lawsuit, makes this charge about his frmr Bruins coach Mike Milbury

CUg_4xsWwAEsvSX.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(JEANINE LEECH/ICON SPORTSWIRE)
Elliotte Friedman was on Calgary’s Sportsnet 960 on Monday morning.

On his cliff hanger involving the Montreal Canadiens from his weekend ‘Headlines’ segment, where he intimated the Canadiens were about to make a big move:

“Well, the reason I kind of did that is I’m not sure what they are going to do, but everybody is saying just watch out for them. They’re trying. They know their window is two years. Because then they’ve got to extend Price and they’ve got to extend Pacioretty the year after that. So I think they’re all in.

“The name you hear a lot is Eller, but one GM said to me – he laughed and said, ‘You hear that name every three months.’

“But I do think that Marc Bergevin is smart enough to look at his roster and say, ‘We’ve got a couple of years to do this before we have to start doing some big-time contract extensions.’

“So I think they’re going to go for it when they see they’re as close as they are now.”

On if they’re looking to add a defenseman or a forward:

“I think they’re looking at both.”

Makes sense, might as well go for it with Price at his peak. Not sure we need anymore D men though, if Bergevin does make a move, I expect it to be done before the trade deadline when all the prices are jacked up.

imBask

Banned
i've been saying it for a year now, gotta go all in. Prime Price, Subban and Pacioretty, Markov is still solid and Petry is a perfect 3rd dman, the window is NOW and we got some prospects to trade, we can afford to trade McCaron and Scherbak if it's what it takes to win right now

YOLO IT NOW

i've been saying it for a year now, gotta go all in. Prime Price, Subban and Pacioretty, Markov is still solid and Petry is a perfect 3rd dman, the window is NOW and we got some prospects to trade, we can afford to trade McCaron and Scherbak if it's what it takes to win right now

YOLO IT NOW

You want Vrbata?

imBask

Banned
some blogger in Montreal is reporting that the NHL and the NHLPA are about to announce a partnership to do more random cocaine test

so who do you think that'll hurt the most? Kings? Leafs? Rangers? Zack Kassian?

You want Vrbata?

he's old, 4th pick and a subway sandwich is the best I can do

yyzjohn

Banned
Makes sense, might as well go for it with Price at his peak. Not sure we need anymore D men though, if Bergevin does make a move, I expect it to be done before the trade deadline when all the prices are jacked up.

Alright fine, you can have Bozak and Phaneuf.

Yawnier

Banned
some blogger in Montreal is reporting that the NHL and the NHLPA are about to announce a partnership to do more random cocaine test

so who do you think that'll hurt the most? Kings? Leafs? Rangers? Zack Kassian?

It'll hurt Tyler Blowzak, Joffrey Lupul, and Nazem Korsi the most

Stasis

There's one that's doing AROOOOOOOight, though.

This didn't get any attention.

I just want you to know I inside-giggled.

And why are you missing THREE games? That's gotta be a record. We should consult our resident NYR-GAF record keeper. So Meta, is that a Meta missing home games record?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This didn't get any attention.

I just want you to know I inside-giggled.

And why are you missing THREE games? That's gotta be a record. We should consult our resident NYR-GAF record keeper. So Meta, is that a Meta missing home games record?
Pretty sure that's a record.

Tonight I have to go meet and cheer up my best friend whose dad was just diagnosed with bladder cancer. And I also have to pack. And I also had to turn down a date with a hot Russian chick for tonight. Why did EVERYTHING decide to schedule for Monday before Thanksgiving, goddammit?!

Err, and then I'm going to miss the Habs game because I'll be in Florida, and I'll miss the Flyers game because I'll be flying back from Florida.

Speaking of, if anybody's going to be in NYC on Wednesday and wants to go to the Rangers-Habs game, hit me up. That ticket hasn't sold yet for some reason.

Yeah a infamous (or Town Idiot) Toronto Sun reporter,Steve Simmons said that The Arizona Coyotes was looking at Alex Anthopoulos for a "Senior Management Job". Turns out that's not true.

As if the Coyotes could afford a guy like that. Maloney shows up to work in his 1992 Geo Metro still, and the beer guy works for tips. Hell, the Coyotes are so broke they don't sell Dipping Dots, they sell warm goo in a cup cuz they can't afford the freezers for the ice cream of the future. Simmons is an idiot without peer if he was actually serious with that.

Samyy

Cool, Nielsen is tied for the WHL defenceman lead in points with the older Hicketts, and Timashov is top 5 in the Q points race.

Would be cool if Dermott and Nielsen finished leading their respective leagues in D scoring.

This is why I hate the post pick reactions on Twitter, everyone was hating the Nielsen pick if I recall correctly.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Would be cool if Dermott and Nielsen finished leading their respective leagues in D scoring.

This is why I hate the post pick reactions on Twitter, everyone was hating the Nielsen pick if I recall correctly.

Reacting to draft picks, outside of the first round mostly, right after the draft, or as they happen is always stupid.

People only react based on pre-draft lists made by other people, based on limited viewing usually.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmmm not sure how I feel about that Wings jersey. Won't be getting one that's for sure, but I don't really "hate it" hate it. Need to see the a full outfitted player on the ice.

EDIT - Just found out their wearing WHITE gloves too, looooooooool. Yeah, not a fan.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Jesus this guy has to be trolling by now. I went to make myself diner and he's still going. Bet he thanked me.

Top Bottom