• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

so much pain still resides from last night. The Flyers lose 5 straight and somehow I missed the actual play he got hurt on since I don't remember us doing anything dirty. I do remember a few hard slams into the boards though

imBask

Banned
well I guess that means McDavid is a bust... literally

snowqueen14.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
so much pain still resides from last night. The Flyers lose 5 straight and somehow I missed the actual play he got hurt on since I don't remember us doing anything dirty. I do remember a few hard slams into the boards though

I can't imagine what it must be like to lose that many games this early in the season.

Foggy

I can't imagine what it must be like to lose that many games this early in the season.

BJs have ten of them, but things ain't so bad. Do the Ducks have victory hats?

CS8ujeeW4AAAJ9i.jpg

On a side note, Torts loves Wild Bill. He got nearly 20 minutes of ice time last night.

Oh, and the lamestream hockey media totally ignored Clarkson getting injured, but whatever.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Anybody got a YouTube link or something that shows the cause of McDavid's injury? I'm assuming he got hit by somebody to have suffered that?

litelite_

Neo Member
John Klingbeeeeerg? Yeah, he is a fucking wonder

I've heard. Add him to Karlsson, Hedman and Ekman-Larsson and you have a core that, maybe, can compete with the Canadians. Hampus Lindholm and Adam Larsson are going places as well. Then we have guys like Kronwall and Strålman who's still solid top pairing guys. Brodin and Hjalmarsson can figure out the defensive stuff.

Good stuff.

zroid

Banned
Another goal for Arcobello. He's too good for the AHL. Send Froese and/or Clune back down already.

also Tanner Glass took a boarding minor lulz

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Last night I mentioned there was a shift in the second period that seemingly went on forever. I finally found some numbers on it. Turns out the shift for JT Miller, Jarret Stoll, Keith Yandle, and Dylan McIlrath ended up lasting 3:34.

A couple of scoring changes from last night: Derick Brassard's goal is no longer deemed an own goal, so Mats Zuccarello has been credited with an assist, and Brassard has been credited with a shot on goal as well. That is Zuccarello's 100th career NHL assist.

Also, the secondary assist on Oscar Lindberg's goal has been changed from Viktor Stalberg to Dan Girardi.

Speaking of 2016 Calder Memorial Trophy winner Oscar Lindberg, he had been staying in a hotel in Westchester near the MSG Training Center, but the team has recently told him to find a more permanent living situation, so he has just moved into a new apartment in the West Village. So he's pretty much officially here to stay now.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The good news is that Connor now has plenty of time to stare at all the landscapes that Mess shows him through Skype.

Sheroking

Yikes. What does Edmonton DO to these guys?

Yes, it's all part of the grand Oilers conspiracy.

Step 1: Acquire all of the first overalls
Step 2: Pay some marginal player to fall all over them, injuring them in some freak way
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Repeat Step 1.

Mwahahahaha!!!!

The good news is that Connor now has plenty of time to stare at all the landscapes that Mess shows him through Skype.

Uncle Mess to the rescue. Hey Connor!

Today feels like d day for me. Why do I care about the Oilers?

Unless McDavid will still be eligible for
Calder next season

Sheroking

Uncle Mess to the rescue. Hey Connor!

Today feels like d day for me. Why do I care about the Oilers?

Unless McDavid will still be eligible for
Calder next season

The recovery is 10-12 weeks on average. Kane had a similiar injury last year and was back in 7. He'll probably play enough games to be eligible for the Calder (but won't win it because he'll have half the games).

There's so much angst in Edmonton right now, it's super pathetic. I think what this has done more than anything is expose how awful the fanbase is. Like, this group of whiny bitches deserves the shitty team.

Taylor Hall is beasting it up, playing far better than Connor was. Is third in NHL scoring. Leon Draisaitl has 7 points in 3 games. RNH is Connor's equal on the scoresheet, and a better two way player at this period. The team is inconsistent and best and playing spotty hockey but it's much better and much more interesting that it has been and that's not all or even mostly because of Connor. So to see so many bangwagon fans talking about how they won't watch any of the games now? Anger inducing.

Injuries happen. McDavid will be back.

Stasis

Speaking of 2016 Calder Memorial Trophy winner Oscar Lindberg, he had been staying in a hotel in Westchester near the MSG Training Center, but the team has recently told him to find a more permanent living situation, so he has just moved into a new apartment in the West Village. So he's pretty much officially here to stay now.

So many players live in and around Greenwich and West village. I never saw a single fucking one. Actors and shit all the time. No hockey players. Lame.

And I missed a ton of the game last night between switching to Ottawa/Habs for local buddies and then arguing with an idiot that no, in fact, we shouldn't move Stepan to wing because he's not great at faceoffs and you don't, you know, switch dudes to wing halfway through their careers because fuck why not? Also that, no, this isn't EA NHL where you put any player in any position and its all good. Because he played in school for a year when he was like 14. This dude argued fucking everything. Never again.

I need to watch more games alone. Or with you guys. There's hfboards but half my posts will disappear and I'll get a mod warning for wondering where my posts went. All you're allowed to do there is endlessly debate if player A is better than B, overvalue everyone on your team while undervaluing every other player and make ridiculously lopsided trade proposals. And say AINEC a lot. I'll start posting in the Boomdizzle sports sub forum. No one else has, lol.

Yes. I'm in a wonderful mood. How y'all?

Top Bottom