• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Delryk

fractured foot

oh shit... yah i just found an article... was tough to find...

Code:
November 2, 2015

TORONTO – Prospect Connor Brown’s sophomore season with the Marlies has been put on hold.

The team announced on Sunday that Brown will be out indefinitely with a broken bone in his ankle.

Quick

Banned
I have a theory. Let me melt the steel beams in your brains:

Connor hates being an Oiler. Hated it since it was announced that they got the 1st overall pick. You can tell by his reaction during the lottery.

He didn't wanna pull an Eric Lindros, so he sucks it up. It also doesn't help that Messier was assigned to guard him, in case he escapes. Connor actually has to answer and respond to Mess' calls and texts, or else Connor's family gets shipped off to the Oil Sands as slaves. The Connor/Mess commercials are more sinister than you think.

Connor, deciding that killing his career was the only way to escape the Oilers' tight grip on his life, hires Manning and Del Zotto via a series of connections, to intentionally run him into the boards in hopes of an injury.

Connor might disappear and assume a new identity now that he might be free.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Connor hates being an Oiler. Hated it since it was announced that they got the 1st overall pick. You can tell by his reaction during the lottery.

He didn't wanna pull an Eric Lindros, so he sucks it up. It also doesn't help that Messier was assigned to guard him, in case he escapes. Connor actually has to answer and respond to Mess' calls and texts, or else Connor's family gets shipped off to the Oil Sands as slaves. The Connor/Mess commercials are more sinister than you think.

Connor, deciding that killing his career was the only way to escape the Oilers' tight grip on his life, hires Manning and Del Zotto via a series of connections, to intentionally run him into the boards in hopes of an injury.

I look forward to the arrival of Konnor MacDougal next season.

zroid

Banned
Soshnikov

soshbreakonr4k.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Here's the injury for those looking for it (maple?)

https://streamable.com/0u4c

More unfortunate than a bad hit, honestly. He kind of loses his balance because he's turned awkwardly after the shot and the Flyers players fall on him.

Also it's a confirmed broken clavicle, definitely looked like that from the video.

Jinaar

Here's the injury for those looking for it (maple?)

https://streamable.com/0u4c

More unfortunate than a bad hit, honestly. He kind of loses his balance because he's turned awkwardly after the shot and the Flyers players fall on him.

Also it's a confirmed broken clavicle, definitely looked like that from the video.

First time I've seen the footage. Looks like he REALLY caught his edge in the ice bad. The hold and tug didn't help either. I really feel for the kid. This sucks so much :(

Chris R

First time I've seen the footage. Looks like he REALLY caught his edge in the ice bad. The hold and tug didn't help either. I really feel for the kid. This sucks so much :(

Maybe Edmonton makes their ice quality a priority now? Always looks terrible.

ZeroGravity

In the "This Explains Everything" category of the week:

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
This will surprise no one, I'm sure, but #tblightning lead the league in hitting posts/crossbar with 14 (4 crossbar, 10 posts)

8utxc11.png

*whistles*

Toronto should trade for Hank or Anderson

There ends your Goalie Crisis

Also:

On TSN690:
Pat Hickey: Semin didn’t want to talk after practice and looks like there is a chance he’s done in Montreal. If he does make it back in the lineup Weise probably goes up to the 2nd line and Semin possibly plays on the 3rd line. IF he’s not back in the lineup by Christmas the Habs maybe call up McCarron from Hamilton.

Chris Nilan: I saw the Habs practice and Semin showed no interest in working his way back in lineup and just slowly went through the motions.

I guess Semin doesn't actually care. Looks like we need an Actual RW this trade Deadline

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at Babcock indirectly suggesting net size should be increased. I jokingly called for this years ago!

Kassian, now Semin? Sounds like MTL has a character issue. Dr. Dubb's remedy is 1 Dave Bolland to cure those problems!

I think we're going to call up Big Mac. Probably put Semin on Waivers in a few weeks or months. I'm dissappointed this didn't work out. It seems Therrien tried to do something with him and he didn't cooperate.

At least he's only worth 1.1 million no biggie.

We should be calling up some rookies

imBask

Banned
I think we're going to call up Big Mac. Probably put Semin on Waivers in a few weeks or months. I'm dissappointed this didn't work out. It seems Therrien tried to do something with him and he didn't cooperate.

or Bergevin will trade a 12th round pick for some random loser that'll end up scoring 20 goals on the 2nd line, again

You don't understand you need Dave Bolland.

iLLmAtlc

I think it's kinda bs that the moment the team struggles we scratch the Russian guy. I haven't been watching enough habs games to know so I'll reserve judgment. Did he deserve it?

I mean I can understand why he'd stop giving a shit after getting dicked around enough times

I think it's kinda bs that the moment the team struggles we scratch the Russian guy. I haven't been watching enough habs games to know so I'll reserve judgment. Did he deserve it?

I mean I can understand why he'd stop giving a shit after getting dicked around enough times

He didn't look good in the last few games he was in but I thought it was because he was dealing with an injury. But I guess not.

Quick

Banned

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the Habs scratched Semin just because he's Russian.

Semin gained a reputation for being lazy and having poor work ethic. People tried to refute this, and it seemed like he turned a corner in Carolina, but here we are.

That said, I don't know the mindset of Montreal's management or coaching staff, nor have I kept a close eye on Semin this season. So I don't know if he's getting back into alleged old lazy habits.

zroid

Banned
I mean, I dunno if there's off-ice issues going on as seems to be the norm with Semin, but his stats are OK. Not in healthy scratch territory anyway. His possession numbers are good (albeit in sheltered minutes), and his ES production is middle of the pack among MTL forwards.

imBask

Banned
There's probably some off-ice issues with Semin, but his on-ice numbers doesn't reflect the WAY he was playing... he looked slow and was just drifting most of the time, you could call it lazy

Therrien and his crew really love players with lots of grit and a positive attitude

Foggy

Jesus Christ no

I'll Take Rychel though

Tinordi and a draft pick for him

But but, I threw in future considerations...

That's the sucky thing about where the Jackets are at. They don't need a bottom 3 defenseman(arguably their entire defense is bottom 3 right now), they don't need prospects(Heatherington, Carlsson, Palliotta, Werenski), they need a top pairing D or a borderline top pairing D. They have all the bargaining chips in the world right now(all kinds of forwards, centers, prospects), but nobody in their right mind is looking to part with that kind of defenseman....Don Sweeney :smh

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Looks like icethetics speculation was spot on, but the toque was pretty much a dead giveaway. Doesn't look like the white 'C' will blend into the white of the Jersey though.

As for Semin, his play looks effortless, and comes across as lazy I guess. I don't know if he had more giveaways than the average Canadiens player, and I'm certain he didn't back check as hard as most of them, but some of the passes he made were awesome.

It's a shame he didn't get more looks in the offensive zone, but his releases isn't as quick as it used to be, or he was second guessing himself before shooting.

McDavid's injury is just another example of the Oilers shittyness for the last decade. Shitty team, shitty management, shitty luck.

You might be on to something here.

zroid

Banned
McDavid will re-emerge 2 months from now in Australia, fulfilling his lifelong dream of playing for the Melbourne Ice of the AIHL.

Top Bottom